v18 Horizon - Leia
Hello all,

With @jurialmunkey 's permission, I went through the Horizon code and applied all of the required skinning changes for Leia that he did not already have.  With this, I am providing here a version of Horizon that is compatible with Leia.

The link to get it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bp44jgibif900j...n.zip?dl=0

Unzip that file into your userdata\addons folder.

Some important notes:

1. Since artwork.downloader is not used anymore in Leia, I added compatibility with Artwork Beef.  
2. Since service.nextup is not used anymore in Leia, I added compatibility with Up Next.  I did not customize the dialogs.
3. I do not use games in Kodi, so there might be issues with game functionality.

I am not a skilled skinner by any stretch of the imagination.  Thus, PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY FEATURE REQUESTS! I just wanted to have a version of Horizon that would work well in Leia.

As for bugs, if you find something in the skin that worked before in Krypton, and now does not work in Leia, please post it in this thread and I will do my best to fix it.  I cannot guarantee that I will be able to fix any bugs.

I hope some of you find this useful.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - Excellent! Thanks! Smile

I would suggest keeping the id and name the same. That way people can keep all their settings etc. from Horizon. (Unless there is some other reason you want a different ID / Name?).
When I get a chance to review the code properly, I will push your changes to a github branch for Leia.

I'll stick your thread to the top. Also, I'm going to change the thread title to keep it consistent.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thanks @jurialmunkey ! I will go ahead and change the ID and name back.  EDIT: Done!

Any tips on skinning the globalsearch dialog? That was the only thing I didn't do that I wanted to.

Regards,

Bart
Download link has been updated in the first post.

I realized that with the version I posted earlier, the Games Settings category, or Games menu item, were not available.  This has now been fixed.

There is one issue remaining, the sideblade is not populated in the MyGames.xml window, so pressing left will go to a blank window.  If you press Back, you can return to the main menu.  Hopefully @jurialmunkey whenever you have a chance, you could take a look? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for fixing the skin!

One question about upnext.. Netflix has support for it, but it's not showing the image in the leet upper corner.

Is this because there if no real support in Horizon yet?
(2019-03-10, 14:49)powermarcel10 Wrote: Thanks for fixing the skin!

One question about upnext.. Netflix has support for it, but it's not showing the image in the leet upper corner.

Is this because there if no real support in Horizon yet?

I don't think this is skin related. Does it work when you use a different skin?

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart

Firstly thanks sooo much for updating the skin to Leia. I love the skin and so thanks for your effort in keeping it updated.

I am seeing a weird issue with using Netflix menu items as widgets in Horizon. and was wondering if you could shed some light on the following errors
So i have a menu item (netflix) and under that ive selected some of the netflix menus as widgets (popular on netflix, trending, my lists, recently viewed etc)

the first time after i configure the skin, everything looks great, but after restarting kodi, the widgets seem to disappear and i get this error in the logs. If i go directly to the netflix folder, everything looks and works fine. I have also tried with a couple of other skins that allow multiple widgets on the home screen and dont seem to see the issue there which leads me to believe the error is specific to Horizon.

Quote:07:24:04.343 T:10380   ERROR: [plugin.video.netflix (1)] Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Ash\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflix\addon.py", line 89, in <module>
                                                route(filter(None, g.PATH.split('/')))
                                              File "C:\Users\Ash\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflix\addon.py", line 49, in lazy_login_wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\Ash\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflix\addon.py", line 77, in route
                                                g.REQUEST_PARAMS)
                                              File "C:\Users\Ash\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflix\resources\lib\navigation\__init__.py", line 21, in execute
                                                executor(pathitems=pathitems)
                                              File "C:\Users\Ash\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflix\resources\lib\common\misc_utils.py", line 235, in timing_wrapper
                                              File "C:\Users\Ash\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflix\resources\lib\navigation\directory.py", line 61, in video_list
                                                listings.build_video_listing(api.video_list(list_id), menu_data)
                                              File "C:\Users\Ash\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflix\resources\lib\common\misc_utils.py", line 235, in timing_wrapper
                                              File "C:\Users\Ash\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflix\resources\lib\cache.py", line 74, in wrapper
                                                output = func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\Ash\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflix\resources\lib\api\shakti.py", line 119, in video_list
                                                'length_params1': list_id
                                              File "C:\Users\Ash\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflix\resources\lib\api\data_types.py", line 68, in __init__
                                                else next(self.data['lists'].iterkeys())))
                                            KeyError: u'lists'
07:24:04.349 T:7084   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogConfirm.xml) ------
07:24:04.349 T:7084    INFO: Loading skin file: DialogConfirm.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
07:24:04.384 T:12900 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle 2
Thanks and any help would be great!@
This is brilliant, I've got my favourite skin back! Thanks so much!
Cant get this to load , spinner keeps going and screen says "loading menu" can leave it 10 mins nothing changes. 18.1
bsoriano: thank you for doing this.  Horizon is my favourite skin for large screen TV builds.

I have just installed this on Kodi 18.2 on the basis that I really should get on with moving from 17.6 (yes I know, I am slow!) but Yahoo weather 5.0.4 (latest version in Kodi repo) does not seem to work, it never downloads any data.  It is working on Kodi 17.6 with Horizon.

I have looked through my log files and there is nothing obvious.  Could you check at your end whether this is a skin issue
Thanks for the OSD at the top of the screen. Cool
(2019-03-09, 01:11)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

With @jurialmunkey 's permission, I went through the Horizon code and applied all of the required skinning changes for Leia that he did not already have.  With this, I am providing here a version of Horizon that is compatible with Leia.

The link to get it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bp44jgibif900j...n.zip?dl=0

Unzip that file into your userdata\addons folder.

Some important notes:

1. Since artwork.downloader is not used anymore in Leia, I added compatibility with Artwork Beef.  
2. Since service.nextup is not used anymore in Leia, I added compatibility with Up Next.  I did not customize the dialogs.
3. I do not use games in Kodi, so there might be issues with game functionality.

I am not a skilled skinner by any stretch of the imagination.  Thus, PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY FEATURE REQUESTS! I just wanted to have a version of Horizon that would work well in Leia.

As for bugs, if you find something in the skin that worked before in Krypton, and now does not work in Leia, please post it in this thread and I will do my best to fix it.  I cannot guarantee that I will be able to fix any bugs.

I hope some of you find this useful.

Regards,

Bart
Support Mouse ?
can you turn off the star on the film cover for unwatched films
Still the best skin IMO for large screen TV use.  Is anyone trying to make it compatible with Kodi 19
Good question.
I love this skin!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horizon - Leia0