• 209(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-06-17, 03:42)dawsonjw Wrote: Hello everyone,
                        just wondering if there is a way within Amber to pull up actor bio's on movie / tv information screens

cheers

John
@dawsonjw, yes, certainly.  You need to enable the use of embuary helper and themoviedb helper in the general skin settings.  Once you do that, you will see that when you click on a cast item, you will get a dialog that gives you the choice of searching online or locally.  If you choose to search online, you will get an information dialog for the person, including bio and movies and TV shows where the person has been part of the cast or part of the crew, as well as pictures of the person.  This info dialog is powered by themoviedb helper, and gets the info from themoviedb.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-06-17, 12:07)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-17, 03:42)dawsonjw Wrote: Hello everyone,
                        just wondering if there is a way within Amber to pull up actor bio's on movie / tv information screens

cheers

John
@dawsonjw, yes, certainly.  You need to enable the use of embuary helper and themoviedb helper in the general skin settings.  Once you do that, you will see that when you click on a cast item, you will get a dialog that gives you the choice of searching online or locally.  If you choose to search online, you will get an information dialog for the person, including bio and movies and TV shows where the person has been part of the cast or part of the crew, as well as pictures of the person.  This info dialog is powered by themoviedb helper, and gets the info from themoviedb.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart
Gee thanks for that. If anyone would know it would be you.

Cheers

John
Hi,
Can be Amber skin adapt to cinemascope resolution (2.40:1 / 2.35:1)?
(2021-06-18, 04:24)afonsomadeira Wrote: Hi,
@afonsomadeira, unfortunately not.  I have no way of testing that.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-06-18, 13:01)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
ohh thats a pitty. I love this skin but i have a 2.40 screen in my home theatre and I really need a 2.40 layout. Can't you test in anyway in editor file to change the resolution to see how it oges?
Regards
(2021-06-18, 15:21)afonsomadeira Wrote:
(2021-06-18, 13:01)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
ohh thats a pitty. I love this skin but i have a 2.40 screen in my home theatre and I really need a 2.40 layout. Can't you test in anyway in editor file to change the resolution to see how it oges?
Regards
@afonsomadeira , no, it's not that easy, and it would mean recoding every single window to fit that layout.  I will not be taking that on, my apologies.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
@FamShoppa , I finished coding the compact OSD.  The changes are already on GitHub (Matrix only for now).  You will find a new setting here:

And it looks like this for movies:

For episodes:

And for songs:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-19, 22:23)bsoriano Wrote: @FamShoppa , I finished coding the compact OSD.  The changes are already on GitHub (Matrix only for now).  You will find a new setting here:

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart, sorry for the newb confusion...but I originally installed the repository from the Matrix Zip link (first page of this thread).
Via that repository, I don't see an updated version there.
The latest version shown is "3.4.19" from a few weeks ago.

Now there was this other GitHub link on the first page...
https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber

But when I try to add this URL via "File Manager > Add Source"...I think it's not being added correctly, because clicking into it shows as empty. I checked the spelling & I entered that URL exactly, but maybe I'm confused and doing something incorrectly.
(2021-06-20, 21:36)FamShoppa Wrote:
(2021-06-19, 22:23)bsoriano Wrote: @FamShoppa , I finished coding the compact OSD.  The changes are already on GitHub (Matrix only for now).  You will find a new setting here:

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart, sorry for the newb confusion...but I originally installed the repository from the Matrix Zip link (first page of this thread).
Via that repository, I don't see an updated version there.
The latest version shown is "3.4.19" from a few weeks ago.

Now there was this other GitHub link on the first page...
https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber

But when I try to add this URL via "File Manager > Add Source"...I think it's not being added correctly, because clicking into it shows as empty. I checked the spelling & I entered that URL exactly, but maybe I'm confused and doing something incorrectly.

@FamShoppa, you are not doing anything wrong, the Github link is not meant to be used that way.

Please wait a day or so and I will upload a new version to the Amber repo. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.4.20 (Matrix) and 3.2.140 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.

The main change is the addition of a "Compact" OSD.  Please see this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3044371  As it shows what the new OSD layout looks like and where is the new setting.  Thanks.

@TheRealDeadMan, I have not forgotten about an "Ultra Compact" OSD.  I will get to it soon.

As usual, please update, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-21, 16:55)bsoriano Wrote: The main change is the addition of a "Compact" OSD.  Please see this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3044371  As it shows what the new OSD layout looks like and where is the new setting.  Thanks.

@TheRealDeadMan, I have not forgotten about an "Ultra Compact" OSD.  I will get to it soon.

Excellent. Figured with all the OSD changes you have been making, you might start it soon Smile Looking forward to it, thanks.
System 1: Ryzen 3400G, Gigabyte Mini ITX B450I - LibreELEC 11.x (Kodi 20 [Nexus]) - Skin: Amber (Matrix)
System 2: Khadas VIM3pro - CoreELEC- Skin: Amber (Matrix)

System 3: Ryzen 5700g Gigabyte Mini ITX x570 - LibreElec 12.x (Kodi 21 [Omega]) Nightlies - Skin: Aeon-Nox: Silvo (Omega)
(2021-06-21, 17:19)TheRealDeadMan Wrote:
(2021-06-21, 16:55)bsoriano Wrote: The main change is the addition of a "Compact" OSD.  Please see this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3044371  As it shows what the new OSD layout looks like and where is the new setting.  Thanks.

Excellent. Figured with all the OSD changes you have been making, you might start it soon Smile Looking forward to it, thanks.
@TheRealDeadMan , what do you think of this:

Please let me know if I am on the right track for what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-21, 16:55)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.4.20 (Matrix) and 3.2.140 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.

The main change is the addition of a "Compact" OSD.  Please see this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3044371  As it shows what the new OSD layout looks like and where is the new setting.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano for this update.

Here are new French translations :
In General :
Enable touchscreen devices support : Activer le support des appareils à écran tactile

In Full Screen/OSD :
Compact OSD : OSD compact
(2021-06-21, 16:55)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

Regards,

Bart

Hi thanks for adding the streamlined OSD Bart!

I've got the slime green color scheme, on account of running Amber on an Nvidia Shield Pro...

I feel so bad bringing this up now, but I never noticed it until using my own color scheme.

I don't think the "block" highlighting of text or buttons matches the ideal Amber aesthetic.
For example, if we go to the Amber home screen...the highlighted menu item has the text itself change color. There's no block overlay.

But if we activate the 'List' view for TV Series...or highlight a button on the playback OSD above (see 'Play' button above)...there's a "big block" color overlay over the text or button. 

I feel like that home menu aesthetic philosophy should carry over to the other menu examples I mentioned above.
- So in the TV Series 'List' view, the text color itself should change when highlighted (no block overlay).
- And in the playback 'OSD', the highlighted button should either have a changed color - or perhaps a colored border glow? 

In terms of the OSD, this Arctic Horizon example demonstrates the button itself changing color when highlighted...

Again, I feel bad bringing this up after all this work was put in.
But it just never came up when I was looking at screenshots - as opposed to handling it on the big screen.
Thanks for all your work thus far, I have no other complaints about the OSD layout itself!
ever since the latest update the media flags are missing in the regular OSD. am i missing some setting or was this done on purpose?
Linux Elementary, Kodi 19.4, Lastest Amber Skin
Android TV 11, Kodi 20.2, Latest Amber Skin
  • 209(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5