• 2(current)
Nvidia Jetson Nano, superfast Kodi device?
So,.. is there any updated version of Kodi?

Because I see only Krypton available 🤢

I was hoping for Libreelec but nVidia beings Di*ks and all (according some great people) I don't know where the process is going,..

I did searches and posted all that was interesting to me here
https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/17950-...-progress/
well, i tried to run kodi from this device and i must say it seems to be good (at least for someone limited to 1080p as i am right now)
i removed all the desktop stuff, made kodi start as a systemctl service and must say that (again, using 1080p-60) it runs great all the stuff i try. One big trouble i'm having is to make it bitstream dts-ma/dts:x/dolby truehd/dolby atmos, as all i get is a buzz instead of the sound. what i did was to disable pulse but really don't know how to set alsa to bitstream to hdmi
is there anyone who would will to help?
^No DRM support would be deal-breaker for some people. If it weren't for that if would really be best of both worlds.
Just a little update... I built pulse audio 13.0 from sources and now I have audio passthrough
(2019-11-03, 18:21)succo Wrote: Just a little update... I built pulse audio 13.0 from sources and now I have audio passthrough

DD/DTS (i.e. SPDIF bitrate) or Dolby True HD/DTS HD HRA or MA (i.e. HD Audio)?
Truehd and dts-ma (really atmos and dts:x), and it seems to work as expected
(2019-11-04, 16:07)succo Wrote: Truehd and dts-ma (really atmos and dts:x), and it seems to work as expected

That's encouraging. Is the video decode hardware accelerated or CPU?
(2019-11-05, 00:48)noggin Wrote: That's encouraging. Is the video decode hardware accelerated or CPU? 

no, it's done in software, but 1080p is really smooth
kodi cpu was 200%, but thinking it's a quad core it's not so much
(2019-11-06, 18:47)succo Wrote:
(2019-11-05, 00:48)noggin Wrote: That's encouraging. Is the video decode hardware accelerated or CPU? 

no, it's done in software, but 1080p is really smooth
kodi cpu was 200%, but thinking it's a quad core it's not so much 

1080p in which codec and at what bit rate and frame rate?  5Mbs 1080p24 h.264 is quite a bit different to 20Mbs 1080p50 h.265 for instance.
ok, i just tried some demo files for atmos/dts:x, anyway i found here that there is an accelerated version of ffmpeg for nvmpi, so i built it and built kodi with that ffmpeg. Of course, as there is no renderer for nvmpi, everything still runs in software mode, but i guess someone with more knowledge than me could write a renderer to use the nvmpi accelerated ffmpeg
Sorry for being late on the party, doesn't seems to be hot topic anyway Smile 

I did some work on hardware rendering on Jetson. Runs 4k @ 60 fps up to 140 Mbps. *source code URL removed by moderator. See next post*
If someone is interested to help testing - would be much appreciated.
Oops, wrong branch.

Here is correct link to Source code
(2020-07-23, 01:54)hashtag Wrote: Oops, wrong branch.

I've got a Jetson Nano sitting in a corner - if I get a chance I'll give it a go!  Thanks for sharing.
(2020-07-23, 01:54)hashtag Wrote: Oops, wrong branch.

Are you able to advise a bit more on build process - particularly what CMake configuration you used (GL vs GLES, X11 vs Wayland vs GBM etc.)

Also how do you build/install libshairport?
(2020-07-23, 14:04)noggin Wrote: Are you able to advise a bit more on build process - particularly what CMake configuration you used (GL vs GLES, X11 vs Wayland vs GBM etc.)

Also how do you build/install libshairport?

Hi, thanks for giving it a try!

Jetson only have GLES support, and this particular rendered is for X11. I haven't tried GBM yet. CMake settings I used: 

Code:

-DCORE_PLATFORM_NAME=x11 -DX11_RENDER_SYSTEM=gles -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FFMPEG=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FLATBUFFERS=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FMT=ON -DENABLE_V4L2=ON -DENABLE_NVBUFFER=ON 

I installed most of dependencies from APT repository following Kodi guide. As per libshairport - you can install it also from APT. However, i think you had libshairplay on your mind.
I don't have it installed, and build works fine without it. You can try compile it from source.

There is a way, how Kodi build system compiles it. Seems like straight forward ./configure && make && make install process.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Jetson Nano, superfast Kodi device?0