• 16(current)
Release [ARTWORK ADDON] RED CARPET - an Actresses PNG's resource Addon
Olga Fonda

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Jessica McNamee

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
@"chrissix" 
This is my implementation of your resource addon (still a W.I.P.), many thanks for it!

...now I'm thinking that some images could be improved...

Carey Mulligan

Updated to version 0.0.4, currently 230+ actress included. That's a very impressive number.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2838388
Specials thanks @manfeed  & @Captain_Pike contributing lot of high quality content.
Thanks chrissix! Only a small remark, in your pack you have image for Alyson Michalka, but in IMDB and themoviedb the name is Aly Michalka, could you correct that for the next version? Thanks.

Some more images...

Claire Danes

Helena Bonham Carter
Li Bingbing

Dominique Tipper

Jihae

(2019-04-08, 20:30)manfeed Wrote: Thanks chrissix! Only a small remark, in your pack you have image for Alyson Michalka, but in IMDB and themoviedb the name is Aly Michalka, could you correct that for the next version? Thanks.

Thanks for pointing this out.
Noticed it in the download you offered me and it was fixed before version 0.0.4 released. I just took the paste/copied the name after your post of her without looking.
I always go to TMDB when naming. You're right, her main name there is Aly Michalka and only on of her alias is Alyson Michalka. At the moment both names are in the addon, but I think i will delete the alias on the next release.

When I made another addon, the movie director thumbs addon, I noticed that the main name and alias name is sometimes swapped in the database. Although you only get the actual main name with new scrapings, it could be when you have very old scraping data, or .nfo's used with old data that still has an old name there. What would you say? Should I include the alias names as a copy or restrict myself to the current main names?
Another issue... I noticed that Malin Akerman wasn't showing, I went to themoviedb and saw that the right name is Malin Åkerman, could you change that too? Thanks...
(2019-04-09, 20:10)chrissix Wrote: What would you say? Should I include the alias names as a copy or restrict myself to the current main names? 

It's up to you, but I would stick to themoviedb main name, otherwise things could become unmanageable, for instance Li Bingbing is also known as Bingbing Li and so on...

Another one to add ;-)

Awkwafina

This addon is already at 150mb plus with 280 Actors. At this rate it will become too bloated. Have you thought of just pointing it to custom folder where we can manually run it to import the images. Instead of adding the images inside the addon itself. If we can pick and choose it will be possible for us to be able to choose and uses images we prefer as well instead of what are in the plugin.
I also found that the image for Penélope Cruz leaves a lot to be desired, maybe you could consider to change it for this one? Thanks

Penélope Cruz

@manfeed 
Quote:Another issue... I noticed that Malin Akerman wasn't showing, I went to themoviedb and saw that the right name is Malin Åkerman, could you change that too? Thanks...
Of course, it's changed. I will do a dubcheck on TMDB in the future.
Quote:It's up to you, but I would stick to themoviedb main name, otherwise things could become unmanageable, for instance Li Bingbing is also known as Bingbing Li and so on...
Yes you are right, I will leave it only on the TMDB main name.
Quote:I also found that the image for Penélope Cruz leaves a lot to be desired, maybe you could consider to change it for this one? Thanks
The previous picture was anyway not very ideal because only the upper body was visible. Of course it will be exchanged with yours. It is also more sexy.
____

@DNKK 
Quote:This addon is already at 150mb plus with 280 Actors. At this rate it will become too bloated. Have you thought of just pointing it to custom folder where we can manually run it to import the images. Instead of adding the images inside the addon itself. If we can pick and choose it will be possible for us to be able to choose and uses images we prefer as well instead of what are in the plugin.
Yes, the addon needs some space. But it's still nothing contrary to what the thumbnails folder can get. I have to admit that for very low low powered devices the addon is not very suitable. You can delete/exchange images in the addon yourself too. 
The addon works as a resource addon. That means, for example if you use some skins, it works just like studio logos, country icons, genre icons/fanart. I can not think of a better solution than how it works now. But i'm open to suggestions.
(2019-04-10, 12:26)chrissix Wrote: I will do a dubcheck on TMDB in the future.

Not really necessary to check my png's, i check always naming in kodi before posting.

Great thanks for the new update!
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARTWORK ADDON] RED CARPET - an Actresses PNG's resource Addon8