• 20(current)
Release [ARTWORK ADDON] RED CARPET - an Actresses PNG's resource Addon
For the sake of uniformity...

Mandy Moore

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
@"chrissix" 

I think it's high time you changed to Leia... I did some time ago and forgot about the problems you mentioned with multiimages; now I use the new policy for artworks (see https://rmrector.github.io/script.artwor...laceextra/ ) it took me some time and effort to adapt my existing files to that but it's proven to be time well invested.

When you make the change you could try the new version of my skin Aeon Tajo, since I soon will be updating it to support your new resources, characterart for movies and actresses png's... AFAIK it may be the first skin in the official repo to do so... Wink

Thanks for your work!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2019-04-14, 13:04)manfeed Wrote: Mandy Moore
The previous one looked good too, but this one is even better!
Quote:I think it's high time you changed to Leia...
Yes, but I have great respect (if not fear) to port my skin mod to Leia. I think I have to start all over again.
Quote:I did some time ago and forgot about the problems you mentioned with multiimages; now I use the new policy for artworks (see https://rmrector.github.io/script.artwor...laceextra/ ) it took me some time and effort to adapt my existing files to that but it's proven to be time well invested.
I also use ArtworkHelper and some of its codes. I have to point out that the problems with multiimage are not related to which code you use. It's up to multiimage itself. I have tested all variants with which one could use multiimage:
usual ListItem.Path, SkinHelper Codes, multiimage via fadelabel control, ArtworkHelper with and without a &&amp chain. -> Always the same behavior!
Multiimage was clearly thought that way, and only works good when there are always backdrops and never one is empty. And that only exists with fanart and poster.
I use a lot of multiimage commands for my projects in my skin mod but i use in every case dirty workarounds that it become good functional.

On TvShows, Movies and Sets i use multiimage Characterart. The workaround is really dirty, i've positioned a Characterart on every TvShow, every Movie and every Set in my DB. Where no "real" Characterart exist i put a 1x1 pixel invisible PNG "fake file" in it. So everything is filled and nothing empty. Really dirty but functional for me. But now a cannot work with IsEmpty visible conditions anymore. But it does not matter. A visible condition at multiimage has always caused an immediate flicker when it got a Art and made animations unusable.

For my Multiposter (combined with Multikeyartclearlogoastitle) project i'm cannot work with fake files cause JPG cannot be invisible. Here i work with a fade delay combined with a visible condition. The immediate flicker cause of the visible condition is now outside of screen so i cannot see it. In the delay time where it's not visible it's moving to the intended right place. Also dirty but working.

Here you can see both projects combined (all optional and can seperate handled)
The video speed is 300%!

___
You know you do not have to change the extrafanart folder to new ArtworkBeef folder system (nearby artwork types), even if you want to use the ArtworkBeef system?
There is an option in AB it can "emulate" the extrafanart folder files to the ArtworkBeef extrafanart system - handled as seperate artwork types. You haven't to change anyting in file structure but can also call every fanart in extrafanart folder with a List.Item in Skin cause it's also.
There is really no difference in function. I really did not want to copy/move all extrafanart folder fanarts to parent folder to other artworktypes. The solution is perfect for me. Working for both extrafanart folder in Movies and also TvShows.
___
Quote:When you make the change you could try the new version of my skin Aeon Tajo
I think I will install a Leia portable, but at the latest when I update I'll take a close look at everything. I've been browsing your Skin.xml codes regularly, but I've only seen videos from the UI so far. I wish you had more Skin videos.
Quote:since I soon will be updating it to support your new resources, characterart for movies and actresses png's... AFAIK it may be the first skin in the official repo to do so... 
Are you going to have actress png on several views or just on the view i have already seen in alpha showcase? It looks really good, but since all the png are cut off below, it should (just in my opinion) be a "floor" (or similar) down below. Just as clearart intended to be positioned on an edge/ floor/separator texture. But that is in the eye of the beholder and is purely subjective. 

Oh you also want to implement character art for movies? Really nice! In the same area were actress png will be placed or on another place? I will see... but I recommend doing it as a single image. But maybe you find another better solution than my 2 multiimage workaround solutions mentioned above. So far, one skin, the AEON MQ7 Multi-Mod from @latts9923  has implemented multiimage characterart for movies in a view too. But still with the usual "ListItem.Folder" system. But it's only some kind of easter egg feature and will not working good as long not using fake png files in every movie, just as it works now in the code.

cheers
(2019-04-14, 16:27)chrissix Wrote: Are you going to have actress png on several views or just on the view i have already seen in alpha showcase? It looks really good, but since all the png are cut off below, it should (just in my opinion) be a "floor" (or similar) down below. Just as clearart intended to be positioned on an edge/ floor/separator texture. But that is in the eye of the beholder and is purely subjective. 

Oh you also want to implement character art for movies? Really nice! In the same area were actress png will be placed or on another place? I will see... but I recommend doing it as a single image. But maybe you find another better solution than my 2 multiimage workaround solutions mentioned above. So far, one skin, the AEON MQ7 Multi-Mod from @latts9923  has implemented multiimage characterart for movies in a view too. But still with the usual "ListItem.Folder" system. But it's only some kind of easter egg feature and will not working good as long not using fake png files in every movie, just as it works now in the code.

Actress png and characterart for movies are both fully supported in all views, they don't deserve less... Nod
It works out-othe box, if you have characterarts for one given movie they’ll appear, if you don’t, nothing is shown, no need for fake png’s Wink
As soon as the changes are accepted for the Kodi repo it will be available for all...

Kat Dennings
Lacey Chabert

@manfeed 
woow!  Cool That's really kodi future stuff like in my lens flare timeline! Great Great Work!  Nod
All more need is now more content creators and more more content.
(2019-04-15, 00:18)Captain_Pike Wrote: Kat Dennings

Great thanks @Captain_Pike 
...and yes, we need more content  Wink
___

@manfeed 

This is completely fascinating eyecandy and kodi ahead of its time.  Nod 
Established 2 more artwork types in your skin. I like more kinda artwork. I am addicted to artwork.

I apologize for cutting off the bottom of my characterart collection. It was intended more like clearart that the arts were placed on a surface/floor/edge/seperator.
EDIT: My skin often uses bright background and it looked like shit when everything was floating in the air and therefore cut everything down. With your skin with a dark background, full sized Arts would have been fine too.
(Why I cut bottom actress png below I've already explained - for lack of full sized content)
But it all looks very good.

Question: How did you integrate characterart without having to use my already above mentioned dirty multiimage workarounds? I have not been skinning very long and i know i missed something. Maybe you can send me some code snippets via pm, that would interest me very much. But sooner or later, I will completely disassemble your .xml's anyway. When I experimented with it for the first time, i cried for help in the forum, you even answered me there, but i never got a clean implementation together: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=335620

Do you have the time and desire to do the same showcase with "Avengers - Infinity War"? The movie is full of actresses pngs and characterarts.
In my country the Avengers 4 hype breakout is in 10 days, i do not know when it comes to you.
I would then like to embed the video in my threads in the first post. That would be really great.

Great work! Masterpiece! Monetize Monetize  Cool
(2019-04-15, 00:45)chrissix Wrote: I apologize for cutting off the bottom of my characterart collection.

Question: How did you integrate characterart without having to use my already above mentioned dirty multiimage workarounds?Do you have the time and desire to do the same showcase with "Avengers - Infinity War"? The movie is full of actresses pngs and characterarts.
Don't worry about having cut characterarts, they look great anyway... Nod

The method I use is explained here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2845792
...the references to fanart1, fanart2, etc. can be changed to characterart1, characterart2... everything that you happen to have in your artwork database. It's one of the rewards of having renamed the artwork this way instead of simply put a bunch of images in an extrafanart folder without any fixed name, so not sure if you can replicate on your side and in Krypton...

About the video of Infinity War, it can be a good idea, I will try it...;-) For the time being let's add more content for that movie...

Danai Gurira

(2019-04-15, 10:19)manfeed Wrote: of Infinity War

lot looking good in there… but Gwyneth Paltrow need a better, i will try it:
___
Gwyneth Paltrow
Good image Captain! I just took the liberty of rotating her a bit for fear she could tumble down  Wink

...and another one to improve Infinity War...

Elizabeth Olsen

(2019-04-15, 17:28)manfeed Wrote: Good image Captain! I just took the liberty of rotating her a bit for fear she could tumble down  Wink

Haha   Rofl   thx for the remaster, she has also more skin color now  Big Grin
Little Olsen sis Looking great!
Zoe Saldana could also be improved, but i cannot decide betwen both pics i found
(2019-04-15, 19:14)Captain_Pike Wrote: Zoe Saldana could also be improved, but i cannot decide betwen both pics i found

Great! I like more the first one... Smile
(2019-04-15, 00:45)chrissix Wrote: Great work! Masterpiece! Monetize Monetize

Would you mind change your signature to a less shouty version?
This is not the chrissix forum.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARTWORK ADDON] RED CARPET - an Actresses PNG's resource Addon8