• 49(current)
Release [ARTWORK ADDON] RED CARPET - an Actresses PNG's resource Addon
Q'orianka Kilcher

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Aunjanue Ellis

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Zhang Ziyi

Hi.  I have a couple of questions:

(1)  Aeon Nox: SiLVO  recently added code to utilize this wonderful feature and it is working as expected.  I enabled the add-on from the Kodi repo and it downloaded images to my AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\resource.images.actorart\resources.  As is mentioned, some of the images do not appear and need to be renamed although I really don't know what they are supposed to be renamed to unless the actresses mentioned IS the correct name?  (never mind, I see the naming you provided works manually)

"just exchange the "resources" folder from the download zip with the "resources" folder in the already installed addon."  To me this reads:  If you used the zip, don't use the images in it because they are named incorrectly.  Use the images that Kodi downloads to the resources folder instead because they are named correctly.  I've never used the zip.  Only what Kodi provided.  For example:  Chlo├½ Grace Moretz.png

(2)  Is it possible to have more than one image per actress and have it rotate in a skin?  I've downloaded one image from google for Anne Hathaway.png.  I put it in the resource folder with all the other images and named it Anne Hathaway 02.png and as expected, it doesn't appear.  I can rename my image to Anne Hathaway.png, replacing the original and it appears.  Is there even a small chance multi images can be used?

Thanks to all for providing this and continuing to add actress images.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-09-17, 21:26)brazen1 Wrote: (2)  Is it possible to have more than one image per actress and have it rotate in a skin?  I've downloaded one image from google for Anne Hathaway.png.  I put it in the resource folder with all the other images and named it Anne Hathaway 02.png and as expected, it doesn't appear.  I can rename my image to Anne Hathaway.png, replacing the original and it appears.  Is there even a small chance multi images can be used?

No, sorry. It works like movie studios images and the like... only the image that matchs exactly each name can be showed.
Added the new ones to the database!
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Cleopatra Coleman

Yvonne Strahovski

Angourie Rice

I notice you create some actress png's and follow up with "added to the database" except they don't appear in Kodi?  I have the addon installed.  I have API keys and all that correctly entered in settings afaik.  I go to look at new png, like the one at the top of this page (Q'orianka Kilcher), and it is not there.  Just the standard pic.  I assume I don't have to go to the KyraDB site and download each of these updates to the DB and then place the download in a resource folder somewhere... or am I?  I believe it works for others.  Any suggestions where I start to help myself get this to work?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
@brazen1 

I only contribute images in the thread, then from time to time chrissix updates the resource addon in kodi repository with the new ones and from then on they will appear for everybody. rschiks also adds the images in his KyraDB.com database, but for the time being there's no way no scrape them automatically; so the only way to enjoy the new images between updates of the addon is to put them manually in the folder with the right name, that's what I do...
So, if I understand correctly, images are created and shared here in this forum.  They may be added to the KyraDB site from time to time.  I can retrieve these images from here in this forum as they are shared or wait and obtain them from KyraDB as they are added.  Once I have the image downloaded, I can manually add it to the proper folder in the Kodi userdata folder making sure the image is named properly.  (I forget the actual folder but I can find it).

Or, I can wait until the addon is updated to a newer version, provided I have 'auto update' enabled in the settings, and 'new' images added since the previous update will automatically be added to the proper folder in Kodi userdata folder, will already be named correctly, and will then appear.

Thank you.

Cobie Smulders

(2019-10-04, 18:49)brazen1 Wrote: So, if I understand correctly, images are created and shared here in this forum.  They may be added to the KyraDB site from time to time.  I can retrieve these images from here in this forum as they are shared or wait and obtain them from KyraDB as they are added.  Once I have the image downloaded, I can manually add it to the proper folder in the Kodi userdata folder making sure the image is named properly.  (I forget the actual folder but I can find it).

Or, I can wait until the addon is updated to a newer version, provided I have 'auto update' enabled in the settings, and 'new' images added since the previous update will automatically be added to the proper folder in Kodi userdata folder, will already be named correctly, and will then appear.

Thank you.
You're correct.

Our hope is that one of the MediaManagers or, for example, ArtworkBeef will add this (because the API for it on KyraDB is available). It would help of course to ask for this functionality in the respective threads  Wink
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Eve Hewson

• 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARTWORK ADDON] RED CARPET - an Actresses PNG's resource Addon8