Is there really no way to automaticly download subtitles?
Hello people,

I'm using kodi for years now, but there is one thing I cannot get solved. Maybe because there is no solution..? 

Let me explain..

In the ideal situtation, kodi downloads fully automaticly the best matching subtitle when the subtitle for my language (dutch) is not found for local and non-local media.

But it doesn't. I have to go mannualy to the subtitle section, press download, and than choose out a list of found subtitles.

Is there no way to make this proces easier? I have tried addons like autosubs, but it doenst do what i want.

I also enabled; download first found subtitle in kodi 18.1 but it is not working aswell. I have to mannually pick a subtitle out of the list.

Does anyone have suggestions?
(2019-03-27, 12:06)powermarcel10 Wrote: But it doesn't. I have to go mannualy to the subtitle section, press download, and than choose out a list of found subtitles.

I have a mapped key for directly opening the Subtitle download window. It saves me a couple of keypresses or remote moves each time:
<F5>ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)</F5>

Subtitles are basically selected on the full filename. Personally I tend to strip all garbage from filenames, so I usually get several subtitles on my list. I don't mind, I can pick the correct one myself.

If your filename doesn't resemble one of the available subtitle files, that's when trouble starts. In that case, the subtitle download is simply not smart enough to pick the correct one instead.
Hi, 
have you tried add-on named autosubs? It automatically opens subtitle download screen when you start video.

Add-on:AutoSubs (wiki)
(2019-03-28, 13:55)bothari Wrote: Hi, 
have you tried add-on named autosubs? It automatically opens subtitle download screen when you start video.

Is AutoSubs working? For me it only works sometimes, not for nearly every video.
(2020-05-04, 19:50)WsQ82 Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 13:55)bothari Wrote: Hi, 

Is AutoSubs working? For me it only works sometimes, not for nearly every video.
Me too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there really no way to automaticly download subtitles?0