• 1(current)
Release [ARTWORK PACK] Characterart PNG's for Movies/Moviesets
Photo 
Characterarts for movies in skin Mod Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod (Krypton) and Aeon MQ7 Leia Mod (Leia) by @latts9923 have been partially supported for some time now. It is more of a kind of easter egg and because of the quirks in multiimage in skins has limited usefulness. Now the first skin that is also available in the official kodi skin repository AEON TAJO now implemented this Characterart PNG's for Movies/Moviesets project in a clean way.

For Star Wars, Marvel and DC you will find tons of content at your own, for all other you have to search a bit the web.
Here I share all my collected Characterart for movies:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1E7MSAs...KciQHCcVNQ

-> file size of .rar: 711mb -> 432 handsortet/handchosen characterarts for 240 movies

In contrast to characterart for tvshows at fanart.tv the pictures here have no uniform resolution.
In contrast to characterart for tvshows at fanart.tv the pictures here are in most cases cut off at bottom, except when the character jumps/flies or it's a flying vehicle.
(That's will looking good the characterart should be placed, similar like clearart, on an edge or seperator texture)

In 90% the files are not compressed, kodi does the job of compressing and re-rendering on cache process.
All i've done is to cut off the bottom on many files.

The characterarts are named with german [Moviefilename]-characterart.png
(Take a look at the pictures and use a german translator to properly assign it to your movie and rename it to your [Moviefilename])
Cause a lot of movies have more then 1 nice characterart i use it with multiimage in skin,
therefore if more than one characterart exists, the following are called [Moviefilename]-characterart1-9.png.
[Moviefilename]-characterart.png + [Moviefilename]-characterart1-9.png = max 10 characterarts you can find here.
It also complies with the ArtworkBeef naming convention that can be set in ArtworkBeef also with multi-poster/keyart/fanart/characterart for tvshows
and therefore also works with the ArtworkHelper codes.

I also use it with movie set collections, but these are in most cases just copies of the characterart for movies,
only the naming is here just without a prefix characterart.png+characterart1-9.png on my side.

Showcase General:

Showcase Multiimage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l-b3_MKaBQ

Everyone who have ever played around with .xml a bit will know how to implement.
For all the others i will write a little tutorial how to implement it with single image and multiimage on the followoing 2 posts if interest.

Picture sources are mainly the simple Google Search and DeviantArt.
I do not own any of the pictures.
All rights belong to their respective owners.
There is nothing commercially used and distributed here.

reserved for tutorial skin use with single image
reserved for tutorial skin use with multi image
Thanks very much @chrissix

Much appreciate your detailed help on these forums.

As these characterarts are not read into the Kodi database, will it access my hard drive each time to display the image?
(2019-03-27, 18:05)the_bo Wrote: As these characterarts are not read into the Kodi database, will it access my hard drive each time to display the image?

When using ArtworkBeef/ArtworkHelper System it's handled like the usual artwork types you know (clearlogo, clearart,...), you can all read into kodi db, you can all precache to thumbnails folder.

If want use single image characterart you have anyway use ArtworkBeef (or use the in Kodi18 new advancedsettings.xml codes) - no access to hard drive on precache

Multi Image is completely the same system Extrafanart could be handled:
If multi image characterart with use ArtworkBeef/ArtworkHelper - also no access to hard drive on precache
You can also use multi image characterart without ArtworkBeef/ArtworkHelper with a normal kodi internal ListItem.Path - then there is access to hard drive even when cached
For my experimental skin mod i use a lot of custom arttypes, when i unplug all HDD's in my Quickports during kodi browsing all is still there.
Thanks very much for info.

Will give it a try when you have the tutorials posted

Cheers
Great thanks for the nice content!
This is the most Beautiful i found and use:
(I think it's more accurate for Age of Ultron and not Infinity War or Civil War)

I do not own/created this png, source was this Forum thread:
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=198179
Patiently waiting for tutorials .👍
@manfeed 

A big thank you for the "Selene" movie characterart you created. It's my movie set characterart now. Which online tool do you use again to create? I think I will try it too although I have very little skill.

___
Quote:Great thanks for the nice content!
@Captain_Pike 

You're welcome!
Thanks, it's a really high-quality rendering of Scarlett Witch, but i think it's already in the collection. Yes, I know this thread. It's one of the few sources of really high quality characterart renderings I've found on web.
___
Quote:Patiently waiting for tutorials .
@kokobsb 

Yeah, I'm waiting eagerly for @koldtoft  3rd part tutorial https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2828610, but I think he's already working on it.
I'm working on it right now. Single image characterart implementation is very simple. But for the multi image characterart integration i still have to use a not completely clean workaround. I do not know if this solution is reasonable for other member, but also will post it here.
(2019-03-31, 14:22)chrissix Wrote: @manfeed 

A big thank you for the "Selene" movie characterart you created. It's my movie set characterart now. Which online tool do you use again to create? I think I will try it too although I have very little skill.

___
Quote:Great thanks for the nice content!
@Captain_Pike 

You're welcome!
Thanks, it's a really high-quality rendering of Scarlett Witch, but i think it's already in the collection. Yes, I know this thread. It's one of the few sources of really high quality characterart renderings I've found on web.
___
Quote:Patiently waiting for tutorials .
@kokobsb 

Yeah, I'm waiting eagerly for @koldtoft  3rd part tutorial https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2828610, but I think he's already working on it.
I'm working on it right now. Single image characterart implementation is very simple. But for the multi image characterart integration i still have to use a not completely clean workaround. I do not know if this solution is reasonable for other member, but also will post it here.
Yeah me too I'm waiting for the 3rd part of that tutorial too really learning allot from you guys. Thanks again .by the way I got the Oscar's statue working it was working all the time it just the movie I chose had a win I though that was an oscar lol. But then I chose a movie that actually won and there it was 😩🤦‍♂️.
(2019-03-31, 14:22)chrissix Wrote: @manfeed 

The steps I follow

- Look on internet for a nice image 1000 px height at least (it's best if there's a contrast in colour between hair and background)
- Load it in Photoshop
- Cut the head zone not bigger than 500x500 px and save this as a file
- Load this file in the web https://www.remove.bg/ (free option only allows for limited sizes, so that I use it for the head's zone since hair is the most tricky part.)
- Load the image obtained back again in Photoshop and paste in place with the rest of the body.
- Carefully cut the rest of the background around the body manually.
- Improve the outer edge of the hair.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
ok, i try to understand:
You make the sensitive part (the hair) in the online tool.
And the rest of the body in Photoshop and put it together there.
Haha, nice, that's what i call a workaround but great concept.  Nod
I would like to display characterarts in kodi on some movies. Is there anything new regarding the tutorial how to implement it? Great thanks in advance.
Cool! Very cool!

Great job.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARTWORK PACK] Characterart PNG's for Movies/Moviesets3