v18 Worries with the output format of the audio library
Hello everyone,

Already a thank you to all those who will read me and to all those who will allow me to find a solution to a little trouble not very bad.

With my network audio player I manage to find the Rasp audio library (until now no problem). the pieces play without worries too.

I add that all my music (over 45,000) were perfectly tagged with mp3tag (titles, performer (s) of the song, artist (s) of the album, etc.).

Here's the trouble, when a piece of a compilation is played, it is not the performer of the song that appears but the artist of the album so "Various Artists" for a compilation. And that's where I stuck because I do not find in the config way to change that to be the interpreter of the song that appear.

I had read in his time that the problem was known as kodi 17 and would be solved in kodi 18, but it seems to me not really.

My config
Network audio player: Denon DNP730ae
raspberry pi3 under freeelec (kodi leia)
NAS: Synology dj411
all in a wired network.

A little help would be very valuable to me

thank you in advance
Alain
(2019-04-01, 12:32)chalpina Wrote: Here's the trouble, when a piece of a compilation is played, it is not the performer of the song that appears but the artist of the album so "Various Artists" for a compilation. And that's where I stuck because I do not find in the config way to change that to be the interpreter of the song that appear.

Could you explain exactly how you play the compilation? where do you see "Various Artists" appear? perhaps you could create a screenshot showing it.

What skin do you use? as the default skin Estuary will display the song artist when a compilation is played. If you are using a different skin then it could be it only displays the album artist and not the song artist, what to show is a decision taken by the skin author.
Sorry didn't read properly first time, so the Denon DNP730ae is the playback device connecting to Kodi music library via UPnP?
(2019-04-01, 13:24)jjd-uk Wrote: Sorry didn't read properly first time, so the Denon DNP730ae is the playback device connecting to Kodi music library via UPnP?

Yes that's good
Then I don't know the answer since I've never used UPnP from Kodi. If you are using Kodi as purely a sever app and never use Kodi directly on the device it is installed then there are probably better DNLA/UPnP server apps that might be better suited to your needs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Worries with the output format of the audio library0