Release [THUMBNAIL ADDON] Movie Director Thumbs resource addon
(2019-06-08, 14:31)Captain_Pike Wrote: I'm realy looking forward to the huge director's resource bundle!  Nod
Luckily i have more than enough storage space on my system where kodi is running.
I missed it, but @"chrissix" has updated the first post with links to the "complete" (because it's never complete) collection.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2019-06-22, 15:53)rschiks Wrote:
(2019-06-08, 14:31)Captain_Pike Wrote: I'm realy looking forward to the huge director's resource bundle!  Nod
Luckily i have more than enough storage space on my system where kodi is running.
I missed it, but @"chrissix" has updated the first post with links to the "complete" (because it's never complete) collection. 
Yes, I noticed it recently.
The simple copy/paste solution for the standard Skin offered by @"chrissix" works great.
I also managed to integrate for @latts9923 Skin AEON MQ8 Leia Mod.
On @manfeed AEON TAJO Skin I have not found the right passage yet where i have to add the one line of code.
But i'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the variables.xml. Still trial and error.

It works great. With just over 800 directors in my kodi db there are only 7 where a fallback thumb is displayed.
In this cases these are either very old or independent films. But there is not a single gap - nice!

I have to admit 4.5 gigabytes are really a chunk, but who cares no matter my thumbnail cache folder has 20 gigabytes.
So it's not for low powered devices and micro computers. But still a solution as no solution.
____

A few questions:

1st) Why fallback thumbs? Yes, it looks more similar to TMDB, and it does not bother me at all,
but i suppose the high number of copies of fallback thumbs alone requires three-quarters of the addon's size.

2nd) Why do i have to manually copy the resources after the addon installation into the resource folder.
Resource Addons can be installed with includes resources.

3rd) Could i also use the addon to show director thumbs as well as the actor thumbs in dialogvideoinfo are displayed with modding the skin .xml?

4th) Would the addon fit to adding to the Kodi repo?

Great thanks, much appreciated!
[mod edit] BS browser take over link eliminated.

is down
@"chrissix" , thank you for this! I only saw it today.  I will implement support for this addon in Amber right away.

Regards,

Bart
You're a genius @chrissix666
hey guys

I tried to implement this add / feature in Aeon Nox SiLVO. I used the methods mentioned at the start of this discussion and it works however there are some issues (not bugs limitations) here is the post describing how I did it #10,868

nordicguy
Haha, great you like it!
Really nice adaptet and integratet, next time post a showcase capture Youtube video to it  Wink
Hey @chrissix666

I am so impressed with your artwork contribution to Kodi and I think I have implemented all of them into a personal version of Aeon Tajo. So I have one suggestion regarding the Movie director thumb. I noticed that the resources folder coming with the addon contains over 200,000 files. ideally, those would be all directors thumbs but over 100,000 of them are blank/dummy.

So I understand this might be because a real picture of that director was not to be found. but I did not understand why need a dummy for every missing thumb.

I thought the reason could be that these pictures mass gathered with some sort of automated script that also collects the picture even if it's blank in TMDB or perhaps using API?

In any case, my suggestion is to use just one dummy picture and incorporate that into the addon code or during the implementation with the skin.

Doing so will have two advantages

1- reduce significantly the number of thumbs within the addon folder.
2- replaces any missing thumb even if it doesn't exist in the addon folder.

The challenge could be finding a smart way to filter fetching the thumb that actually exists and not the dummy picture while maintaining the gathering of director info the same.

finally, do you have any more interesting projects coming up? 

cheers!

nordicguy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[THUMBNAIL ADDON] Movie Director Thumbs resource addon12