Intermittent access errors when scheduling/starting recording
(2019-08-31, 03:32)CV8R Wrote: I captured the messages using wireshark and dumped them to text file to see if this helps.

Short with recording that failed and one that worked. https://paste.kodi.tv/yamarukuhe

Long with a few that worked and failed. https://paste.kodi.tv/ixuqasusaw

I have the guide data from this period too, but the xml extract from TVH doesn't have event id's or anything in it.  I need to figure a way to get access to the raw EPG OTA data.

Edit: I just tried a forced grab to update the EPG in TVH and then stopped and started the tvh addon. The programs that were failing now work. I was able to schedule a recording on every channel without failure. I will leave it go a few hours, wait for programs to fail and then stop/start the addon again.
Problem with the tvheadend epg data, I'd say. Nothing Kodi/the addon can do about that.
(2019-09-01, 20:28)ksooo Wrote: Problem with the tvheadend epg data, I'd say. Nothing Kodi/the addon can do about that.

At any time this fails with Kodi (recording from the guide), I can go to TVH itself and successfully record the same show. TVH and Kodi are both aware of the start and duration of the show at all times. If starting/stopping the addon makes a difference, I'd suspect that something about the EPG data for some channels is tripping up the addon, but Kodi is still able to read the EPG times successfully.

I have not tried changing instant-record to timed rather than guide - it's not relevant for me as I 99.9% always record from the guide.

(I have my arguments with TVH and recording, but that's another story - it's the best thing I've got atm)
HDHomerun Quatro, RaspPi/TVHeadend, NUC/Win10/Kodi, Mousetuary skin, Mouse on couch!
Tardy update, I was travelling.

I just repeated the instant record failure. Stopped the Kodi addon without updating anything on the TVH server. The recording that failed that failed on two attempts worked first attempt after disable/enable of the addon in Kodi.
(2019-09-09, 06:15)CV8R Wrote: Tardy update, I was travelling.

I just repeated the instant record failure. Stopped the Kodi addon without updating anything on the TVH server. The recording that failed that failed on two attempts worked first attempt after disable/enable of the addon in Kodi.
Would this be equivalent to a full reboot of the system? I commonly get the access errors just after switch-on (the Kodi client machine gets turned off every night, it's never left sleeping) but it appears totally random.
HDHomerun Quatro, RaspPi/TVHeadend, NUC/Win10/Kodi, Mousetuary skin, Mouse on couch!
(2019-09-09, 06:43)aegidius Wrote:

Would this be equivalent to a full reboot of the system? I commonly get the access errors just after switch-on (the Kodi client machine gets turned off every night, it's never left sleeping) but it appears totally random. 

I am not sure what enabling/disabling the Addon does wrt to the database vs turning off the client machine. I know if i stop and start Kodi it makes no difference.  It isn't until I go into the addon and disable and then re-enable that I am able to record programs that initially failed.  This is 100% repeatable for me - would be interesting to know if it responds the same on your system?
(2019-09-13, 08:38)CV8R Wrote:
(2019-09-09, 06:43)aegidius Wrote:

I am not sure what enabling/disabling the Addon does wrt to the database vs turning off the client machine. I know if i stop and start Kodi it makes no difference.  It isn't until I go into the addon and disable and then re-enable that I am able to record programs that initially failed.  This is 100% repeatable for me - would be interesting to know if it responds the same on your system?

Was a solution ever found for this? (I'm getting the same intermittent issue with the same error in the logs)
Nope, i have the same problems sometimes and didn't find a final solution. But tvh is the problem, and not kodi (or maybe how kodi start the recording). with another useraccount there are no problems. so i did make a copy from the working account file (located ~/.hts/tvheadend/accesscontrol ) on the tvh server, changed the id and name and it works again.
By the way, there were no significant changes between the working user file and the broken one. the broken one had
Code:
"wizard": false # was true in the working version
and
Code:
"uilevel_nochange": 0, # was -1 in the working version
I found a solution for me. I'm using the Freesat Bouquet and the issue was that the Bouquet defines channel that only broadcast at certain times, I had to rescan the mux when the channel was broadcasting to fix it. I still dont understand why it was intermittent before I did this.
The issue is discussed here: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/issues/345
The problem seems to come when there have been changes in the TV program and the guide data is not consistant.
As a work around, clear the TV data in kodi, quit kodi and start it again.
Just tried upgrading to 19.1 on a Windows client and still suffer the same problem.  Will make a note in the GitHub Issue.

txt:

2021-08-04 15:14:32.485 T:13792   ERROR <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.hts: Command addDvrEntry failed: User does not have access
2021-08-04 15:14:32.485 T:13792   ERROR <general>: AddTimer: Add-on 'Tvheadend:10.0.3.1:9982' returned an error: server error

The recordings immediately before this one (using guide, right click item, record) worked fine but it failed on this event/program. Same situation as previously detailed in this thread.
(2021-05-30, 23:41)j-m-s Wrote: The issue is discussed here: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/issues/345
The problem seems to come when there have been changes in the TV program and the guide data is not consistant.
As a work around, clear the TV data in kodi, quit kodi and start it again.

I often see those little scraps of program in the EPG that the github issue points out. However, I don't see a whole channel being unrecordable - I have often been able to record other things on the same channel when the error happens.
I'll try clearing guide data next time and see if the error (and the scraps) go away.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intermittent access errors when scheduling/starting recording0