v18 Slow shared SQL database
Hello,

Setup first:

Kodi database: shared mariadb on NAS (CentOS btrfs).
Kodi clients: 1 windows pc, 1 raspberry pi running LibreELEC.

On Kodi Jarvis 17.6, my raspberry was running fine.
After updating to Leia (libreelec 9.0.1) the pi is totally unresponsive. Extremely slow and practically unusable. This is running default skin Estuary, but I have tried other skins as well with the same (bad) results. No need to say that the windows machine is running smoothly.

What gives?
"my raspberry was running fine."

What Raspberry do you have - RPi0, RPi1, RPi2, RPi3, RPi3+? I would not recommend a RPi0/RPi1 unless you have the bare minimum installed (ie. no addons) and a light weight skin (Confluence is probably better for low-end devices than Estuary).

It could also be that you've got add-ons that don't play well with Krypton, so test with a clean device without add-ons.

Also, post your debug log.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2019-04-14, 17:39)nistsio Wrote: What gives?

A debug log (wiki), with debugging enabled including the Database component. Then restart your Kodi RPI, "do your thing", and provide the kodi log via a paste website near you.
The box is a raspberry pi3+.
The only add-ons are the digital clock screensaver and the yahoo weather service.

I will try the confluence skin and post the debug log as soon as I can.

Cheers.
Well guys, after a lot of testing I think this thread should be moved over to "Kodi Remote for Android Official Forum ".

It turns out that it was not the speed of kodi browsing the shared sql database.

The commands coming from Kore remote were painfully slow!

I switched to a different android app and it's fine now.

Not sure what to do with this thread now...

Cheers!
Thread moved - let's see where this one goes.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow shared SQL database0