3.3.15 update
I just updated to the new 3.3.15 and it seems more stable than .14. I do have a question about a new feature called record like Kodi? What is its function?
.15 only included one stability fix to an issue going back years.  There were a few things in .14 that do help too.

Nothing on that topic in .15  but based on comments received on .13  in .14 I adjusted the default look and feel in the recording list back to the hard coded style by NextPVR rather then use Kodi style Season, Episode, Episode Name and Title separation.   There is an option to set it to the Kodi style which lets skins decide how recordings look.  I posted a YouTube link in the .13 thread showing how it might look on various skins. 

For recorders of older shows who record out of order and who also have an EPG source with the Season and Episode number the old sytle is better because there is no Kodi sort with the season. episode numbers

Martin
Martin, thanks so much. That makes sense now.
Hi,
   I have been away for 3 weeks and when I came back Kodi installed 3.3.15.  Ever since the install all TV programs have continuous pixelation when running with Extended Timeshift enabled.  Turn it back to TimeShift and the problem disappears.  It was working ok in Extended TimeShift mode when that function was first released (think 3.3.13).  I have not altered any of the default settings for the mode.

Any thoughts guys

John
In .15 I reduced the hard-coded time extended timeshift waits for NextPVR to prepare the stream files, it significantly impacted the time to tune channels.  As a result as explained in the.13 post, if you experience general pixelation using extended timeshift you need to increase the pre-buffer time in the settings.

Martin
(2019-04-17, 14:37)emveepee Wrote: In .15 I reduced the hard-coded time extended timeshift waits for NextPVR to prepare the stream files, it significantly impacted the time to tune channels.  As a result as explained in the.13 post, if you experience general pixelation using extended timeshift you need to increase the pre-buffer time in the settings.

Martin

Hi Martin,
                 sorry I missed that.  Changed the pre-buffer from 8 to 12 and all seems ok now.

Thanks for your help

John
Hello @emveepee

I have been having problems with NextPVR the last couple days, and just noticed it auto-updated to v3.3.15

First problem is when watching a channel, the channel freezes after approx 10min. The log repeats the following over 17,000 times...
xml:
04:32:06.657 T:3724 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: timeshift::TimeshiftBuffer::WatchForBlock:394: responseByteCount: 128
04:32:06.657 T:3724 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: timeshift::TimeshiftBuffer::WatchForBlock:397: got: 414449664:32768 414544512 12648
04:32:06.657 T:3724 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: PKT_IN: 414449664:32768 414544512 12648
04:32:06.657 T:3724 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: Returning block 414449664 for buffering
04:32:06.657 T:3724 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: WriteBytes: wrote 32768 bytes, returning true. [1572864] [1572864] [0]
04:32:06.657 T:2944 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: TimeshiftBuffer::Read() 32768 @ 412909568
04:32:06.657 T:2944 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: ReadBytes: returning 32768

The second problem (and only experienced the one time so far) is that recordings seem corrupt. I recorded a 2 hour show, but 42min into the program I could no longer skip or fast forward. It would always take me back to the same point in the program, no matter how far I tried to jump ahead. Looking at the file, it is 2GB in size, but it states the recording duration is over 15 hours.

Can I send you anything else. My log is over 600,000 lines so though best not to upload it yet unless you specifically need it. It will have to be a zip upload.

Thanks
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen I don't support regular Timeshift mode.  The source for it hasn't changed since 3.3.12 though so hopefully the original author will be able to provide some guidance on how to proceed.  If this is repeatable I would be happy to look at the logs in extended timeshift or real time modes.

For recording issues those would need to be reported on the NextPVR forum with NextPVR logs for when the recording took place.  2GB seems small for a 2 hour recording, I suspect something happened during recording and if you want I can look at it if you want to make it availab.

Martin
Thanks @emveepee

I probably should do this more often, but I have rebooted my HTPC. Leave it with me for a couple of days and I'll report back if it is still a problem.

Sorry for the noob question, but could you please explain Real Time, Timeshift and Extended Timeshift? What are they and how should I use them?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes rebooting when there are tuner issues is always a good idea.   I posted a brief introduction to the LiveTV modes here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2832046 if you have other questions let me know.

Martin
@emveepee

All working well. Updated to v4.2.4, restarted and no further issues since then.

Thanks!
My Signature
(2019-04-21, 06:41)Karellen Wrote: @emveepee

All working well. Updated to v4.2.4, restarted and no further issues since then.

Thanks!
I am continuing to have the same pixelation and corruption issues even after increasing the prebuffer to it max value.
Kodi i 18.4 and nextpvr is 4.2.5 and the addon is 3.3.15.
Do I need to set live tv or recorded tv chuck sizes to a particular value? Or are there any settings in nextpvr that I need to tweak?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
(2019-10-20, 09:16)edogd Wrote: I am continuing to have the same pixelation and corruption issues even after increasing the prebuffer to it max value.
Kodi i 18.4 and nextpvr is 4.2.5 and the addon is 3.3.15.
Do I need to set live tv or recorded tv chuck sizes to a particular value? Or are there any settings in nextpvr that I need to tweak?
Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Without your kodi debug log it is hard to say what is going on.  You can play around with your live tv chuck size but there is not one optimum value.

Martin
Hi Martin,
Here is my log file kodi.log
It's my first time posting a log file I hope I did it correctly.
In this log I tune to a channel.  The timeshift prebuffer looks like it fills to -11sec and the video looks good.  Then I pause the live tv, continue playing, then skip forward to time offset 0s.  That's when the pixelation and corrupted video starts.
I observed a couple of things:
* Forwarding to time offset 0s causes the corrupted video.
* Changing channels does not fill the timeshift buffer back to what the original channel used
* Changing channels results in corrupted video immediately.

Thanks for all the help.
That log is fine and I don't think it needs lots of time, but probably bigger chunks. How does that play in real time mode and timeshifting modes in Kodi for straight play and in NextPVR? 

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3.3.15 update0