Blu Ray DVD Collection and Movie Room Tour
No it's not mine, just wishing a lot.

Caution it's 53 minutes long. Skim it, but might be worth the full watch.

Doubt he has heard of Kodi, but it's a starting point.
Skimmed it, although I do have my (very small by comparison) collection on display and on my server, I do not miss the days of tipping my head to the right, look for a DVD/Blu Ray, take the box out, only to find that the Dvd has been misplaced - only to find it in the cats toys 8 months later (yup that has happened!).

Bascially, if on display - it's on my Server, so much easier LOL - although I don't want to be him ripping discs to HDD though (400+ was bad enough LOL)

Looking at your personal collection on TV/PJ is so much easier!!!! (regardless of FrontEnd!)
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
(2019-04-19, 17:19)tjay260476 Wrote: Looking at your personal collection on TV/PJ is so much easier!
I think we're both in agreement on that part. I'm in awe at the size of this collection, the man-hours and his physical set-up. I'm now more encouraged to purchase a 65" (thought it might be too big) flat panel, I noted in this video (near the end) that his distance is ~ 6 feet or about the same set-up I have.
As my pj is that size and distance I would say.... go for it!!!
My Setup thread |
(2019-04-19, 17:19)tjay260476 Wrote: Skimmed it, although I do have my (very small by comparison) collection on display and on my server, I do not miss the days of tipping my head to the right, look for a DVD/Blu Ray, take the box out, only to find that the Dvd has been misplaced - only to find it in the cats toys 8 months later (yup that has happened!).

Bascially, if on display - it's on my Server, so much easier LOL - although I don't want to be him ripping discs to HDD though (400+ was bad enough LOL)

Looking at your personal collection on TV/PJ is so much easier!!!! (regardless of FrontEnd!)
I am slowly adding film/cinema type memorabilia to my lounge, but that collection is impressive.  People are really underwhelmed by my media server when they ask where the videos come from, it's just a box and a stack of HDDs on a upturned beer crate in the footwell of my desk.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2019-04-20, 19:36)speedwell68 Wrote: People are really underwhelmed by my media server when they ask where the videos come
Most of a good home theatre is behind the scenes, the smell of popcorn,  lighting, seat arrangements, wall art and stand-up posters all add to the atmosphere and the $5 entry on the door doesn't hurt either, hand out guest passes at dinner, once the conversation enters the 'what's playing to-day' stage, the sparkle is lit, make them beg.
(2019-04-21, 00:54)PatK Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 19:36)speedwell68 Wrote: People are really underwhelmed by my media server when they ask where the videos come
Most of a good home theatre is behind the scenes, the smell of popcorn,  lighting, seat arrangements, wall art and stand-up posters all add to the atmosphere and the $5 entry on the door doesn't hurt either, hand out guest passes at dinner, once the conversation enters the 'what's playing to-day' stage, the sparkle is lit, make them beg. 
What does impress them is the full voice control of the TV/AVR and Kodi via Google Home.  The Hyperion Ambilight setup also impresses too.  What I am having difficulty with is having the room lights dim and brighten when the film start/stops.

I am actually in the middle of redecorating the TV room at the moment and I have recently started the process of instigating a series of upgrades to the whole house.  This thread has inspired me to do a thread of my whole technology/media experience as you say it is more about what is behind the scenes than the picture on the screen and running a decent Kodi setup is more than just running Kodi.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
@speedwell68 I'd say go for it on the thread!
My Setup thread |

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu Ray DVD Collection and Movie Room Tour0