Android Video & audio out of sync after a couple of minutes
When playing some types of media (so far I only get it with older formats/non hd content) everything seems fine but after 5 to 7 minutes the video suddenly speeds up and becomes verry jittery and the audio goes out of sync. When I stop the playback and open the same file again it resumes playback just fine until after a couple of minutes the same thing happens again.

This does not happen with any HD files.
My log file can be found here, I think it happened 2 or 3 times within this log.

Is this hardware related or are there some playback settings I could try out? I tried changing some of the video sync settings but nothing seems to help so far.
This happens to me, too. Some files, I don't know the pattern, and each 8 or 12 minutes. With MINIX U9-H.
I forgot to mention, I am having this issue with a minix U9-H as well. The same files used to play fine, and the OS hasn't been updated for ages so it has to be something with Kodi/settings.
Next time, please provide a log with a single problem video AND without any library scanning details. It bloated the log file quite a bit.
Also, using google drive view for a Kodi log is not my personal preferred tool. Google doesn't have to know everything and it forces wordwrap... Wink
(2019-06-15, 20:39)Klojum Wrote: Next time, please provide a log with a single problem video AND without any library scanning details. It bloated the log file quite a bit.
Also, using google drive view for a Kodi log is not my personal preferred tool. Google doesn't have to know everything and it forces wordwrap... Wink

There is just 1 issue within this log file as far as I know which is video & audio going out of sync. I just tried kodi 18.5 and the issue still happens.
How about a new, clean log file (with debug enabled), uploaded to our paste.kodi.tv website?
(2019-11-20, 08:12)Klojum Wrote: How about a new, clean log file (with debug enabled), uploaded to our paste.kodi.tv website?

You can find a new log file here without library details and only 1 media file being played which had the issue after a couple of minutes. When it happened I left it to play for about 1 more minute, stopped playback and shut down Kodi. Hopefully this file works better.
(2019-11-20, 23:09)Jerry911 Wrote: Hopefully this file works better.

What happens when you remove the whole hue ambilight addon setup?
(2019-11-21, 08:12)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-11-20, 23:09)Jerry911 Wrote: Hopefully this file works better.

What happens when you remove the whole hue ambilight addon setup?

I tried with disabling the hue addon (and restarting kodi) but the problem persisted. After that I removed the addon from Kodi and the problem still persists. I tried the same media file every time and it happens at exactly the same moment.
After upgrading my Kodi to ver. 18.1 - 18.5 on the Minix Neo U1 I have spent a huge amount of hours with solving the problems mentioned above. I have tried to change almost each of the options in the Kodi settings I could, but my tested videos still went out of sync with audio (older .avi) after 8 minutes, or the newer formats (.mpeg, .mkv) were more or less stuttering. 
I have even changed the HDMI cable. Nothing helped.
Finally I have installed the latest aviable version of XBMC for the Minix (16.3) and voila - all of the problems dissapeared. All of the videos are playing smoothly regardless of the type of format and codec of the video. With default settings.
I have noticed one thing - unlike the Kodi 18, Minix XMBC provide videos with fps that are matching a played video. The Kodi 18 always provide videos with fps matching the Minix settings.
(2019-12-01, 12:49)PeterX Wrote: I have noticed one thing - unlike the Kodi 18, Minix XMBC provide videos with fps that are matching a played video. The Kodi 18 always provide videos with fps matching the Minix settings.
Note: Should not be "fps" in the text, but "frame rate".
(2019-12-01, 13:19)PeterX Wrote:
(2019-12-01, 12:49)PeterX Wrote: I have noticed one thing - unlike the Kodi 18, Minix XMBC provide videos with fps that are matching a played video. The Kodi 18 always provide videos with fps matching the Minix settings.

So if I get what you are saying is that a dynamic framerate could solve this issue?
I only have it for a couple of older tv shows from my country, I will just convert the video files rather than downgrading to minixs version of xbmc. But thanks for sharing your research on this!
(2019-12-01, 16:33)Jerry911 Wrote:
(2019-12-01, 13:19)PeterX Wrote:

So if I get what you are saying is that a dynamic framerate could solve this issue?
I only have it for a couple of older tv shows from my country, I will just convert the video files rather than downgrading to minixs version of xbmc. But thanks for sharing your research on this! 
If you are experiencing the same problems with Kodi like me do, I would highly recommend to you this last Minix XBMC. There is no need to convert any videos, you can try out XBMC without un/reinstalling Kodi. You can have both Kodi and XBMC installed simultaneously on the Minix without mutual interference.
I think, the XBMC can handle older formats of video, because XBMC does support besides hardware aceleration of the MediaCodec and MediaCodec Surface also hardware acceleration of the amcodec. Kodi supports only MediaCodec and MediaCodec Surface. 
It seems like you are also right - Kodi does not have a dynamic frame rate option (I did not find this option). XBMC provides it automatically.
(2019-12-01, 18:13)PeterX Wrote:
(2019-12-01, 16:33)Jerry911 Wrote:
(2019-12-01, 13:19)PeterX Wrote: Note: Should not be "fps" in the text, but "frame rate". 

If you are experiencing the same problems with Kodi like me do, I would highly recommend to you this last Minix XBMC. There is no need to convert any videos, you can try out XBMC without un/reinstalling Kodi. You can have both Kodi and XBMC installed simultaneously on the Minix without mutual interference.
I think, the XBMC can handle older formats of video, because XBMC does support besides hardware aceleration of the MediaCodec and MediaCodec Surface also hardware acceleration of the amcodec. Kodi supports only MediaCodec and MediaCodec Surface. 
It seems like you are also right - Kodi does not have a dynamic frame rate option (I did not find this option). XBMC provides it automatically.  
After readings this thread, and having experienced the sync and stutter problems-first on a Minix and more recently on an Android TV (SonyBravia) I've been making my own experiments. I've just discovered that turning off the hardware acceleration for both Mediacodec settings in the processing section of player settings worked.
Issue still present in Kodi 18.6. Turning off the hardware acceleration for both Mediacodec settings in the processing section of player settings as suggested worked, but when I do that higher quality video's start playing back poorly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video & audio out of sync after a couple of minutes1