Solved Kodi crash after scanning library
Yes, I am using Windows 10.

Probably just a typing mistake, but there is no v18.6. 18.2 is the latest official release.

Sure, let us know if you find the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Crashy video database works on this Ubuntu/Debian 17.6 version as well:
17.6 Debian package version: 2:17.6+dfsg1-1ubuntu1 Media Center Kodi from Debian
Copyright © 2005-2013 Team Kodi from Debian - http://kodi.tv

Same version, but not the same distribution ...
Just to mention it. In case you are using Ubuntu and you have installed:

17.6 Debian package version: 2:17.6+dfsg1-1ubuntu1 Media Center Kodi from Debian

we have to say that this version of Kodi 17.6 is patched by Debian and hard to support in here. That´s the version you get from the Ubuntu repositories. We have our own PPA for Ubuntu. So for proper logs and a better debugging, I would suggest to install Kodi from the XBMC PPA:

first, deinstall Kodi on your current Ubuntu-system:

sudo apt purge kodi\*

Add the Kodi PPA:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa

Update the sources:
sudo apt update

Install Kodi
sudo apt install kodi

That should install Kodi 18.2 on your system. kodi 17.6 is outdated anyway and there won´t be any fix for it anymore. So we need logs from a supported distro using at least the actual stable Kodi version. Kodi 18 still receives fixes until some point.
Thank Davu for this tutorial.
But if I don't reproduce my issue with 17.6 debian-based Kodi, I'm not sure I will reproduce with a 18.2.
I'm giving a try anyway.

(few minutes later)

That's what I though, I cannot reproduce the issue with Ubuntu.

Is there anyway to get more debug trace of Video Databe opening ?
Hi Kodi Community,

I still have no support from recalbox, so I come back here.
I retrieved 2 logs with everything enabled (I hope, please tell me).
- success with empty video database: https://pastebin.com/rENKRQdD
- fail with crashy video database: https://pastebin.com/jXaE0wcp

There is a noticeable difference in the last lines.

kodi seems to crash silently. I'm not supposed to compile a debug version of the binary, but is there a way to get the crashing library or source code line ?
I don't have gdb on target.

BR,
Alex.
@Arcueid
1) Don't hijack other people's threads, while the issue seems similar to you - your platform is different.
2) Do post which hardware you are running on, from the log I'm guessing its odroid-xu3 or xu4, if my guess is correct - this platform is not officially supported by Kodi, your distro applied a bunch of third party patches and hacks just in order to make Kodi run at all and to enable hw acceleration on Exynos SoCs.
3) Kodi 17.6 is EOL, it won't get any fixes. For support refer to your distro people. It's possible that in your case the crash is not Kodi but distro or exotic platform related (compiler version, compile flags, library versions, platform specifics, large etc...). If your distro can't help - no one can.
Hi asavah,

I understand your concern, and know I shouldn't post here since the problem is very specific to Recalbox ported to Odroid xu4 (I don't reproduce on Recalbox x86_64 !).
But if recalbox developers don't help me (they absolutely haven't answered once at my post), who better than kodi developers can ? me by re-compiling kodi and debugging line by line ? I will spend a lot of time ...

What I expect by coming here is getting some tips to investigate the issue, since after all, you are the best at explaining how to investigate issues in kodi, no matter the platform or distro is.

I hope you will understand my concern.

BR,
Alex.
@Arcueid
To investigate the issue you would need to rebuild kodi and related libraries with debug info, given that the crash occurs when working with database at least building sqlite with debug would be needed
and make sure that the binaries are not stripped,
also you would need gdb installed in your os, after that you would need to get a proper backtrace when kodi crashes.
It's not an easy task if you don't have at least good knowledge of the os and it's build infrastructure.
Then the backtrace would need to be analyzed, problematic spot found and fixed, and that may require serious skill.

In your logs I can see that gcc-5.x was used to build Kodi and probably the whole os, if memory serves gcc-5.x was quite shitty, so it may be a gcc bug too which are very difficult to debug.

As I said recalbox developers should provide support for their creation.
If they don't, as I said, no one else can help you - look for an alternative OS  which supports your hardware and has the features you need.
Thanks for your feedback. I'm embedded developer, so able to rebuild a distribution, it's just a matter of time at home.

What you said about gcc 5 warns me, and I cross finger to not encounter issue like this.

If ever I get some news, may I post them here to discuss about it. It may add some sanity checks in sources Wink
Hi all,
With RecalBox 6.1, Kodi's library scanning is working back.
Some magic have been done in kernel/filesystem ... (kernel upgraded to 4.14, about system libraries I don't know).
Thanks for your support, I'm sorry to have disturbed you for somethign you're not concerned.
Bye ! Wink

(Please close this topic ^^)
Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crash after scanning library0