Music "now playing" screen - I just want it to turn on automatically and stay on
Kodi 17.6 on Libreelec
I just noticed that during music playback an extra "full screen" icon appears in the icon row just under below the KODI logo.
If I click on in, the screen changes exactly to what I want to see - album art, progress bar, etc.
But it stays on for 30 sec, then the screen changes to empty blue and stays so for the duration of the song.
When the next track starts playing, the screen changes back to default front page.
I don't want to change or add fluffy dice to the "now playing" screen (no fancy add-ons) - I just want it to stay on Smile
How do I get the "full screen" mode staying on indefinitely while I'm playing music files - is there an XML that I can edit for this purpose?
Sorry if this topic has already been covered somewhere else
I found the "answer" on this thread

Add this to your advancedsettings.xml file:
<!-- Stop Music OSD from disappearing for 2 hours -->
<songinfoduration>7200</songinfoduration>

Found the location of the file -
 LibreELEC:~ # find / -xdev -name advancedsettings.xml
/usr/share/kodi/system/advancedsettings.xml

Added the line as recommended above and tried to write out to file. Response - 
"Error writing /usr/share/kodi/system/advancedsettings.xml: Read-only file system" (btw, in LE you log in as root)

So, what now?
(2019-05-12, 17:38)BPR323 Wrote: Found the location of the file -

"Error writing /usr/share/kodi/system/advancedsettings.xml: Read-only file system" (btw, in LE you log in as root)

So, what now?
Wrong file.
As the log says, that's a read-only file.
You'll need to make a new advancedsettings.xml and stick it in /storage/.kodi/userdata (or edit the one you've already put there).
If what you what is the OSD info bar to remain on screen then all you need to do when it disappears press i or info key and it will remain permanently on screen.
(2019-05-12, 23:39)jjd-uk Wrote: If what you what is the OSD info bar to remain on screen then all you need to do when it disappears press i or info key and it will remain permanently on screen.

I don't have "keys" - I drive my system with BubbleUPNP controller (on Android) which lets me select media files from MiniDLNA library and push them to KODI renderer.
All control functions, buttons and settings are on BubbleUPNP. KODI is within LibreElec wrapper with MiniDLNA and Transmission add-ons. And KODI has the fastest Samba config.
I control Transmission from my PC but the daemon is running on the LibreElec dedicated Intel box with a bunch of NTFS formatted USB's.

It's a brilliant setup, modular and highly configurable. The non-existent KODI music playback screen is the last hurdle for me.
Forgot to add - my LibreElec HTPC sends 1080p video and 24-bit bitstream audio (with passthrough for DTS-MA, etc. - no transcoding) across HDMI into 7.1 receiver, and from that across HDMI to TV.
Essentially, my HTPC is a homebrew media player with extended functionality Smile
(2019-05-12, 17:42)trogggy Wrote:
(2019-05-12, 17:38)BPR323 Wrote: Found the location of the file -

So, what now?
Wrong file.
As the log says, that's a read-only file.
You'll need to make a new advancedsettings.xml and stick it in /storage/.kodi/userdata (or edit the one you've already put there).   

Thank you, trogggy!
I was also looking at the settings file in /storage/.kodi/userdata/ folder - I will try and stick the timeout line there and will report the results.
I remember when I was using OpenPHT (a Plex player knock-off grafted onto OpenElec) - it had a simple, nice screen for playback of music files, which turned on automatically by default. To prevent screen burn-in (I have a plasma TV) it had a default setting where every 1 or 2 minutes it would flip the screen horizontally to its "mirror" image. If only there was a script or "skin" for KODI that would do just that! Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music "now playing" screen - I just want it to turn on automatically and stay on0