Bug Android. Fire Stick 4K. Kodi 18.0 and later. Audio out of sync for all videos.
I could not yet test it, cause the device is blocked. Therefore I used ffmpeg, changed the video, but copied the audio, to rule the scaling of 960 out.

I tested on kodi for linux, here it worked fine. Will check on FireTV later.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Now I am now a bit confused :-) - I am no english native speaker, for me the video was not "too bad"  check the blue guy laughing when they talked about the 300$ for this boat there and this looked pretty okay.

If you are on 18.4 could you try: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk 

If you have another video where you could tell me: Ey fritsch look at 32 seconds, that would be helpful.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I did a little further testing (since I never use my 4K stick for Kodi anymore) and it seems I was mistaken, all stereo audio files seem to be affected by the sync issue.  I used the files in the linked archive to test.  Contains 3 files; 1 with AAC 2.0 audio, 1 with AC3 2.0 audio and 1 with AC3 5.1 audio.

AVSyncTest1080p.7z

I tested all of my Android players with Kodi installed and the Fire TV Stick 4K is the only one with the sync issue.  Two Fire TV Stick Basic Editions, a Mi Box 3 and a 2015 Shield TV (non-Pro) are all perfectly in sync using Kodi 18.4 with all 3 of the attached files but the 4K Stick is roughly 300ms out of sync on the stereo audio files (the 5.1 audio file is in sync). 

I'm wondering if this has to do with the fact that the 4K Stick automatically re-encodes all stereo audio output [link].

Perhaps some other 4K Stick users could test using the attached files.  The audio settings for my 4K Stick are set to "Best Available" with Volume Leveller and Dialogue Enhancer set to "OFF".  In Kodi my audio is set to 5.1 with bitstreaming disabled.
TV: Sony XBR-65X950G  A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X3600H (Atmos 5.2.4)  UHD: Panasonic DP-UB820  BD: Sony BDP-S6200 (Region Free)
Media Players: 2019 Nvidia SHIELD TV Pro, 2015 Nvidia SHIELD TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max, S905X3 CoreELEC Device
(2019-11-08, 21:47)fritsch Wrote: If you are on 18.4 could you try: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk
Seems better using the above build but the 5.1 file still seems to be better in sync that the stereo files.

Perhaps once you test with the previously linked files you'll see for yourself if your setup does it.  They make it pretty obvious if the audio is out of sync.
TV: Sony XBR-65X950G  A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X3600H (Atmos 5.2.4)  UHD: Panasonic DP-UB820  BD: Sony BDP-S6200 (Region Free)
Media Players: 2019 Nvidia SHIELD TV Pro, 2015 Nvidia SHIELD TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max, S905X3 CoreELEC Device
(2019-11-08, 22:40)88keyz Wrote: I did a little further testing (since I never use my 4K stick for Kodi anymore) and it seems I was mistaken, all stereo audio files seem to be affected by the sync issue.  I used the files in the linked archive to test.  Contains 3 files; 1 with AAC 2.0 audio, 1 with AC3 2.0 audio and 1 with AC3 5.1 audio.

AVSyncTest1080p.7z

I tested all of my Android players with Kodi installed and the Fire TV Stick 4K is the only one with the sync issue.  Two Fire TV Stick Basic Editions, a Mi Box 3 and a 2015 Shield TV (non-Pro) are all perfectly in sync using Kodi 18.4 with all 3 of the attached files but the 4K Stick is roughly 300ms out of sync on the stereo audio files (the 5.1 audio file is in sync). 

I'm wondering if this has to do with the fact that the 4K Stick automatically re-encodes all stereo audio output [link].

Perhaps some other 4K Stick users could test using the attached files.  The audio settings for my 4K Stick are set to "Best Available" with Volume Leveller and Dialogue Enhancer set to "OFF".  In Kodi my audio is set to 5.1 with bitstreaming disabled.
This would explain why I'm only having trouble with a video that has a stereo MP3 audio track, and why it doesn't happen if I have Kodi upmix it to 5.1.
Just got a new TV (sony 4k) to pair with my Firestick 4k in our bedroom and I find myself having this same problem.  Audio in Kodi, and in Kodi only, is about 300ms of on all videos.  Even at 300ms, it is hard to say if it is exactly on point, but it's dang close.

I have read through most of the posts in this thread and have tried all of the suggestions I think, but nothing is really working.

My soundbar is a Vizio S3820W-CO.

TV is a Sony XBR43X800D.

Kodi Audio settings have passthrough enabled with DTS enabled as this is what the soundbar supports according to specs... all Dolby is off.

I also notice in Kodi only, that maybe every minute to 2 minutes in any file I play, the audio will cut out for about a solid second. It comes back right away, but it can be annoyingly distracting when it cuts in the middle of dialogue.  I have fixed the audio sync settings for the most part, by applying a 300ms offset to all audio files, but the audio cutting is another story.

Any help appreciated!!
Hey does anyone have an update to this issue?

I also have the same problem. 

My setup: KODI 18.5 + Fire TV Stick 4K + Samsung JU6500 4K TV > Optical PCM out to DAC/Powered Stereo Speakers.

Playing network video files using KODI has major audio sync issues. No issue when I play the same network files using TV`s built in DLNA or cast using Chromecast.

Playing KODI add-on streams has major audio sync issues. No issues when I use my laptop to play same streams.

I think the 300ms audio delay setting works well but I can't be sure. I feel like it fluctuates on some videos or isn't quite perfect.

I have the same issue on VLC. If you can suggest another app to try to play network videos, I can give it a shot. 

For me, it affects files with both stereo and 5.1+ audio tracks.

I played with all settings on Kodi and on the Fire TV Stick but nothing has resolved it so far.

Thanks
Better: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk or same issues?
(2020-01-03, 17:33)fritsch Wrote: Better: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk or same issues?

Hey

Unfortunately it doesn't make a difference at all
Okay, then there is no solution for you on this planet :-)
About a year ago, I was having similar issues with an Amazon Pendant. During my research at the time, I noted a number of complaints about audio sync issues regarding user added video apps on later Amazon devices (4K Stick, Pendants and Cubes).
With my device, if pass-through was enabled, the audio went progressively out of sync from the beginning of playback. If, I stopped, and then again resumed play. The audio was again fine until the sync again became intolerable.
If I forced Kodi to re-encode the audio, the sync was fine throughout the duration of playback. What I discovered was that this has nothing to do with Kodi and everything to do with Amazons modified Fire OS. Read here.
Apparently, at least the way I understand it anyway. They chose to use ExoPlayer instead of Android Media Player in the OS, and this is where the audio sync issue arises.
Long story short. I decided there was no programing Amazon offered that I could not live without and shelved my Amazon devices and bought a Beelink box and haven't looked back since.
As a matter of fact, I have been so happy with the Beelink box, I just ordered 2 of their S905X3 boxes. And the developers of CoreElec have already got it running on them in the nightlies.
Amazon devices, in my opinion, are just a pain in the ass.
Failures always have an excuse, the most common one being; "It's somebody else's fault."
Sad story. What I really wonder: why does it work for me? Just having watched all Lord of the rings movies in a row without an issue.

So I don't think, I can speak only for the 4k device, that this is a generic problem.

Retry with matrix or my backport builds and show us the logs please.
Update: switching my Fire TV settings to "Dolby Digital" instead of "Auto" or "Dolby Digital Plus" has made things a lot better.  It still seems slightly out of sync occasionally but nowhere near as bad as it was before.
(2019-11-07, 20:31)A600 Wrote: I have the same problem with the 4K connected to a TV. As others stated, it can be fixed with these advandedsettings:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <latency>
      <delay>-300</delay>
    </latency>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

The -300 value is the sweet spot for me and can be checked with a video like this:

Two Coreelec boxes and an Nvidia Shield have no problems with the same TV.  

This looks a good solution until Kodi add a delay option into the main menu. How do you add this to the Firestick?
same here

firstick 4k, kodi 18.6, firestick os up to date

delay about 300ms

no way to fix it.
Quote:<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <latency>
      <delay>-300</delay>
    </latency>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
Ok this works, but is possible fix in kodi source?

Because isn't precise this fix, and can be possibile that some content, have another delay.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android. Fire Stick 4K. Kodi 18.0 and later. Audio out of sync for all videos.3