Overscan settings changing.
I'm running a recent LibreELEC KODI appliance install and it works really well, except that occasionally I have to reset the video calibration because for some reason it loses the overscan adjustments.

I use the PLEX add in and have been watching some old Zatoichi movies.

Is there something I need to do to make these settings permanent?

Thanks!
(2019-05-12, 19:06)jluvs2ride Wrote: I'm running a recent LibreELEC KODI...
I have to reset the video calibration because for some reason it loses the overscan adjustments.

Update to the latest LibreELEC 9.0.2 version.
It should have the fix for it.
(2019-05-12, 21:09)Klojum Wrote:
I have to reset the video calibration because for some reason it loses the overscan adjustments.

(2019-05-12, 21:09)Klojum Wrote:

What's the procedure for updating? Does that require a complete reinstall?
(2019-05-12, 22:07)jluvs2ride Wrote: Does that require a complete reinstall?

No. Only the system files will be upgraded. All settings and such will remain, or possibly adapted for the newest Kodi version.
(2019-05-12, 19:06)jluvs2ride Wrote: Is there something I need to do to make these settings permanent?

Yes. next to the fact you should update as mentioned, you should also take a look at your TV manual. That overscan issue is mostly caused by a TV setting. Using the screen calibration inside Kodi should only be your last resort. You should check the zoom-options from your TV first or see if it has something like a PC-mode or similar. Manufactors do have different names for overscan on your TV. So without knowing the exact TV model you are using, I can't be more specific. If you mind, please name it and I'll do a little search if you are able to disable overscan on your TV completely.
(2019-05-13, 12:05)DaVu Wrote: Yes. next to the fact you should update as mentioned, you should also take a look at your TV manual. That overscan issue is mostly caused by a TV setting.
Agreed - this was the issue I had with the onscreen menu sometimes displaying off-screen when playback was paused.

Oddly, the overscan setting changed nothing else with other channels, so no idea why it was on in the first place.  Disabling it fixed the Kodi display and left other playback unaffected, so I can only presume it's a TV default.
(2019-05-18, 22:00)Preacher Wrote: so I can only presume it's a TV default.
it is, as a souvenir from the old fat CRT tube TV screens.
I’ve just recently noticed with latest LibreElec (two NUCs, two Sony 4K TVs) there is a permanent overscan. I have both TVs set to ‘Full’ (no overscan). Anyone else having this issue with LibreElec? Both TVs received firmware updates over last 3 months so it could be a Sony issue.
(2019-08-31, 00:18)HomerJau Wrote: I have both TVs set to ‘Full’
I highly guess that's more the color-range value as I can't remember any TV have a setting "Full" for the overscan. "Full" or "Limited" is mostly used for color-range (in meaning 16-235 or 0-255 for either limited or full range).

The overscan is most likely in the zoom options or your TV should have kind of a "PC" setting somewhere. Depending on the model you are using. Anyway...if you connect LibreELEC to your TV you should not set Kodi to have a 4k resolution for the GUI, as the skin isn't made for that (depending on the skin in use...talking about stock Estuary). I would suggest to set it to 1080p for the GUI and adjust the "whitelist" and allow specific resolutions and refreshrates you have for your content and also enable "Adjust refreshrate to match video". Then you will have Kodi in 1080p and each video you play in its native resolution.

If Kodi (the GUI) is still bigger than the screen, then you still have to adjust the overscan settings for the TV. And yes, using the calibration option might be a solution (and it is somehow) but in the end it's a lost of native resolution your TV generally is capable of. So I would consider not doing that or only doing that as your very last resort.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Overscan settings changing.0