Settings for a faster build of the image cache?
Rebuilding the image cache lasts very long with me. Should I avoid to download / scrape images to the folders (within each single movie folder) .actors, extrafanart, extrathumbs to make it build a little faster? And if so, what settings would I have to use to not to download to those folders / not to have those folders?
Please answer yourself:

[ ]  I want images et all being displayed withing TMM (and within Kodi and others MediaCentres)
[ ]  I also want to see them when i unplug my 50+ datasources/HDDs

If you do not want the first one -> untick all image scrapers and image filenames...
The second is where the cache kicks in - you decide, if you need... or not.
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Yes yes, both of answeres yes. May be one can reduce the amount of images a little bit respectively download the most important only?
what sense makes a cache if only 50% of the images are in the cache while the other are not?
This answers your question Wink either turn on the cache or turn it off.. there is nothing in between
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Vey sorry, I meant the amount of images while scraping. So just to download the most important images when scraping, may be a background image, the cover, some actors. May be not to download the images to the folders "extrafanart", "extrathumbs", ".actors" would reduce the amount of images / the size of the image cache? Which settings would avoid download those images?
Have you ever opened the settings dialog? There is everything configurable
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Yes, I have. Do the settings effect the size of the image cache?
If you download less images (e. g. Only posters and fanart) less images need to be cached.

BTW rebuild image cache only needs to be done once
So once the images of the scraped movies are cached they will not be cached again. If one changes the settings, e.g. unchecks fanart, posters, downloading actors thumbs, etc. and resprapces again does one have to manually rebuild the cache (to remove the old fanart images, posters, actors images scrapted before) or does tMM it do automatically?
tmm builds the cache on the fly if you scrape new items

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Settings for a faster build of the image cache?0