Bug Unable to create recording or add timer
Hi Everyone,

I'm having trouble initiating recordings from Kodi. I'm able to view EPG and watch TV fine, however, upon initiating a recording (from the guide or while watching a show), I receive the following dialog.

Error: Could not save the timer. Check the log for more information about this message.

I've pulled the following from the log file.

2019-06-09 12:09:36.549 T:8484   ERROR: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: DoRequest failed, response=<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
                                            <rsp stat="fail">
                                              <err code="2" msg="Invalid Args" />
                                            </rsp>
2019-06-09 12:09:36.549 T:8484   ERROR: PVR::CPVRClient::AddTimer: Add-on 'NextPVR  (127.0.0.1):connected' returned an error: the command failed

Version Information:

NextPVR Client Add-on: 3.3.15
NextPVR: 4.2.4 (190307)
Kodi: 18.2
Operating System: Windows 10

Any assistance would be very much appreicated.
I've done a little more research:

1. It seems the behaviour varries between channels in that: for ~1/2 of my channels, I can successfully initiate the recording from within Kodi. The other ~1/2 I receive the error reported above
2. For all channels, I can initiate recordings directly through the NextPVR server, and they work fine when played back in Kodi
3. For channels where this error occurs, there is no corresponding log in NextPVR server's logfile, indicating the issue is in the NextPVR client/add-on prior to issuing the server request
If your EPG data is stale you would get this error.  Without your NextPVR and Kodi debug logs I cannot explain this further.

Martin
(2019-06-09, 08:50)emveepee Wrote: If your EPG data is stale you would get this error.  Without your NextPVR and Kodi debug logs I cannot explain this further.

Martin
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply. The issue seems to be slowly fixing itself. NextPVR & Kodi were both installed in the last ~24 hours. Not sure if that makes a difference. 

I've uploaded the Kodi (kodi.log & kodi.old) and NextPVR logs here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhzmsqg9q3ox13h/kodi.zip?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4iod97dc4jo3e...s.zip?dl=0

Thanks,
James
I can't explain some of the wacky event numbers that Kodi was asking NextpVR to record, but I do notice you did some recording testing while the EPG update in Kodi was taking place.  If it happens again now that maintenance of channels is more stable, upload the logs again.

Martin
I've been having this same problem. To fix it, I have to go to my DVR Server and re-start the recording service periodically. I haven't figured out a way to automatically restart it though.
(2019-06-14, 02:50)starslayer74 Wrote: I've been having this same problem. To fix it, I have to go to my DVR Server and re-start the recording service periodically. I haven't figured out a way to automatically restart it though.

You had this problem in WMC before running two PVR's?

Martin
(2019-06-14, 06:05)emveepee Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 02:50)starslayer74 Wrote: I've been having this same problem. To fix it, I have to go to my DVR Server and re-start the recording service periodically. I haven't figured out a way to automatically restart it though.

You had this problem in WMC before running two PVR's?

Martin 

I'm not sure I understand your question. 

I was using WMC for awhile but eventually I ran into a lot of issues with it. Most of them were with the Guide data not being accurate and the server kept crashing also. 

So about 3 or 4 months ago I switched to NextPVR (I had tried it before but I decided that WMC was the way to go at that time, because I didn't want to pay for EPG data...but I ultimately decided $25 a year wasn't a big deal because of the headache of WMC)

But since I've switched to NPVR, the only problem I'm having is that the recording server stops running once in awhile.  (knock on wood, hopefully that's the only issue I'll ever have Smile
I thought there might be an issue in Kodi if you were using two pvr addons, but now it clearly looks like a backend issue that you should report on the NextPVR forum with your NextPVR logs. 

Martin
same here.
not every channel
works from Npvr
however restarting the service did not help me
90% of the time this issue is because the guide in NextPVR is not in sync with the Kodi database.   Typically I ignore threads without a kodi debug log but since there is a new version I will make an exception.  

Martin
(2019-06-09, 06:28)FyrFly Wrote: Hi Everyone,

I'm having trouble initiating recordings from Kodi. I'm able to view EPG and watch TV fine, however, upon initiating a recording (from the guide or while watching a show), I receive the following dialog.

Error: Could not save the timer. Check the log for more information about this message.

I've pulled the following from the log file.

2019-06-09 12:09:36.549 T:8484   ERROR: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: DoRequest failed, response=<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
                                            <rsp stat="fail">
                                              <err code="2" msg="Invalid Args" />
                                            </rsp>
2019-06-09 12:09:36.549 T:8484   ERROR: PVR::CPVRClient::AddTimer: Add-on 'NextPVR  (127.0.0.1):connected' returned an error: the command failed

Version Information:

NextPVR Client Add-on: 3.3.15
NextPVR: 4.2.4 (190307)
Kodi: 18.2
Operating System: Windows 10

Any assistance would be very much appreicated.

I dont use NextPVR but have had similar issues unless i stop caching the EGP database locally within Kodi I find my setup works much better if I select the
"Don't cache in local database" option in the "Settings" "PVR & Live TV" "Guide" menu
Im also receiving the same error message in the logfile as the OP. Has there been any resolution or further thought on how to resolve this issue?

Recently installed NextPVR. Can setup a standalone recording, but when editing the timer for a repeating recording, Kodi is unable to save the timer and kicks out the error.

thanks

NextPVR Kodi Client Add-on: 3.3.21
NextPVR: 5.0.9 (201018)
Kodi: 18.8
You would need to post a Kodi debug log and typically the zipped backend logs to help this.  Often it better to do this on the NextPVR forum where you can attach the server logs that are too big for paste sites.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to create recording or add timer0