Music library - removing titles to start over?
I think the title sums it up - I have ended up with about a dozen albums that are "stuck" in a new build of Kodi. I had reorganised my music files looking forward to viewing in library mode rather than just file mode as I had always done previously. I followed piccard default and did artist/album/track no song title, but reading the how to it seems I would have been better with artist/album/track no - artist - song title. They are nearly all wavs. I scanned the whole library and got a lot of nonsense - mostly due to a various artists album that I'd made, which contained flacs that are all tagged. I deleted the library to start over having removed the various album, but around a dozen albums are stuck - I think because at some point I managed to find a way of scanning them individually? I would like to just clear the music and start over - last time I tried I ended up taking out tv shows for some reason! Must admit have had a lot of trouble using the latest interface but now going to stick with Confluence which although somewhat altered is easier for me.
You state that your music files are mostly WAV. How have you embedded tags in them?

The Music Library completely ignores file and folder names of music files. The Music Library requires embedded tags.

If you have run MusicBrainz Picard on your FLAC files, then your FLAC files are accurate, and it is your WAV files messing up your library.

(2019-06-11, 12:50)JohnyLondon Wrote: I deleted the library to start over having removed the various album, but around a dozen albums are stuck
All you need to do is delete your Source, then run a Clean Library. All should be cleared out.

Have a read of the How To Guide... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Music_Library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
So, I cannot use wav's in Kodi if I want it all to be recognised?  I know you can't tag wav files, that's why I thought the point was to organise and name them correctly.
(2019-06-11, 19:54)JohnyLondon Wrote: So, I cannot use wav's in Kodi if I want it all to be recognised?  I know you can't tag wav files, that's why I thought the point was to organise and name them correctly.

Tagscanner supports WAV tagging.

Although FLAC will give you much smaller files and has better support for tagging across multiple applications.
Hmmm, @DaveBlake can correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that Kodi does not read wav tags, but will read wav from a cuesheet.

Have you scanned tagged wav files into the library @HomerJau?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Convert to FLAC, seriously! Much easier, better tagging, no loss of quality and smaller files.
WAV does not have a defined standard for tags, however Kodi should be able to read tags attached to a WAV file as long as they are in the id3v2 format. It was working in the past and it is still in the code https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...1265-L1266
(2019-06-18, 12:29)jjd-uk Wrote: WAV does not have a defined standard for tags, however Kodi should be able to read tags attached to a WAV file as long as they are in the id3v2 format. It was working in the past and it is still in the code https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...1265-L1266

I came here with a related issue - wav files with id3v2 tags not being picked up by the audio library scan. I don't write C++ so I might be mistaken, but it looks like the code @jjd-uk is referring to wasn't compiled for a while, until this commit (note the
cpp:
#if
): https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/bc94...e4b00b8a68
I'm running 17.4 20170822 right now and I have a suspicion that is my problem. Looks like an upgrade to 18.x might fix it for me - I will try that and report back.

However @JohnyLondon does talk about a 'new build' so it sounds like you are probably using a newer version of Kodi?
(2019-06-21, 00:33)stealthytea Wrote:
(2019-06-18, 12:29)jjd-uk Wrote: WAV does not have a defined standard for tags, however Kodi should be able to read tags attached to a WAV file as long as they are in the id3v2 format. It was working in the past and it is still in the code https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...1265-L1266

I came here with a related issue - wav files with id3v2 tags not being picked up by the audio library scan. I don't write C++ so I might be mistaken, but it looks like the code @jjd-uk is referring to wasn't compiled for a while, until this commit (note the
cpp:
#if
): https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/bc94...e4b00b8a68
I'm running 17.4 20170822 right now and I have a suspicion that is my problem. Looks like an upgrade to 18.x might fix it for me - I will try that and report back.

However @JohnyLondon does talk about a 'new build' so it sounds like you are probably using a newer version of Kodi?  

I think that's just a compiler directive used if Kodi was compiled with an older version of taglib.  I think it should read id3 tags in wav either way.  Looking at the Krypton branch it seems like krypton is built against taglib 1.11 and Leia against 1.11.1

Looking at taglib project:

"TagLib 1.11.1 Release - October 24, 2016
Fixed binary incompatible change in
TagLib::String
Fixed reading ID3v2 CTOC frames with a lot of entries.
Fixed seeking
ByteVectorStream
from the end."

scott s.
(2019-06-21, 18:56)scott967 Wrote: I think that's just a compiler directive used if Kodi was compiled with an older version of taglib. 

Almost right by my understanding, it's a runtime check for which Taglib version is being used (mainly for Linux instalsl where different distro may have different versions of system libs) then the version detected determines the code path taken.
(2019-06-21, 20:25)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2019-06-21, 18:56)scott967 Wrote: I think that's just a compiler directive used if Kodi was compiled with an older version of taglib. 

Almost right by my understanding, it's a runtime check for which Taglib version is being used (mainly for Linux instalsl where different distro may have different versions of system libs) then the version detected determines the code path taken. 
Ah OK. Thanks for the clarification. 
I updated to the latest stable release of Leia, and my wavs with id3v2 tags are still not recognised. As you mentioned Linux, it might be worth noting that I'm running Kodi on Ubuntu 16.04.6.

Having done a bit of reading up I'm personally going off the idea of including those tags in the files anyway, I'm going to write a cue sheet for each file instead and see how I get on. On initial testing it looks good (though sadly my REM COMMENT values aren't recognised, and cue sheets don't support album art).
Adding ID3 tag metadata to wav files seems bonkers to me, hence I'm not going to test if there is an issue with Kodi (Taglib library) reading these or get into fixing it if there is. I really do have better things to do with my time.

Kodi support for cuesheets is also limited to the original cuesheet standards, and that offers far less data than the modern tag formats. Since Kodi supports gapless playback there is little reason to use this old fashioned apporach to digital music.

@stealthytea I strongly recommend that you simply convert your wav files to a lossless format like FLAC - it takes less space and has a rich and well established tagging format.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music library - removing titles to start over?0