individual mp3 files not scanning into library
I hope someone can advise on this issue.

I have lots of individual mp3 files of dj mixes.  I want to scan these into my kodi library and be able to browse for them under albums or artists.  Is this possible?

At present the only place I can see them is in the files section of Music.
With the correct amount of info stored as metadata into the MP3 files, you should get a good start. Kodi doesn't do much with MP3 filenames alone.
@mullsey

The mp3 files must be tagged in order to be scanned into the library. Unlike the video library, the file and folder names are ignored by Kodi.

See the How To link in My Signature below for a setup guide.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-06-20, 11:45)mullsey Wrote: I have lots of individual mp3 files of dj mixes.  I want to scan these into my kodi library and be able to browse for them under albums or artists.  Is this possible?

Before scanning the files to add them to the Library decide how exactly you want them displayed as you may have to adjust the tags. If mp3 files contain an Album name in the tags then an album of the that containing the track will be created even if that is the only track from that album you have, that could lead to lots of single track Albums which you may be fine with.

Alternatively you could change the Album tag to have a name of your choosing that is common to a set of tracks, thus creating your own Albums, for example:
  • DJ Mixes for all the track to have one album entry for all tracks of this type
  • DJ Mixes - Artist A then DJ Mixes - Artist B etc etc so you have an album listing for all DJ Mixes from a specific artist
  • DJ Mixes - 2019 then DJ Mixes - 2018 etc etc so you have an album listing for all DJ Mixes from a specific year

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
individual mp3 files not scanning into library0