Trouble with multiple episode scraps
I can't have some episodes of Seinfeld scrape correctly, More precisely, the double episodes.

The S04E23E24 for example. With thetvdb scraper (in french), it scapes and automatically rename as "Seinfeld - S04E23E24 - Le Pilote  - Seinfeld S04E24.mkv", and the file is said to be missing in the season list. And each subsequent library update renames the file another time.

Same thing with S05E18S05E19 which scrapes and rename the file as "Seinfeld - S05E18E19 - Les imperméables (1-2) - Seinfeld S05E19.mkv".
It's a known bug respectively in mose cases a user error. There are 3 ways to run in that issue:
  1. After an inital scan Ember saves an unscraped episode or an episode without an NFO with the title "tv show name SxxExx" into the database. The auto renamer will not be triggert because no NFO file will be created at this point if the episode(s) can't be scraped. If you now edit the episode via edit dialog than the title is still "tv show name SxxExx" but now an NFO is created and the renamer rename the file to "tv show name - SxxExx - episode title". Because of the episode title also includes SxxExx your file now has two season and episode numbers in the file name.
  2. Only one episode has been scraped and the second one still has this inital title. In your case with "Seinfeld - S04E23E24 - Le Pilote  - Seinfeld S04E24.mkv" the E23 has been scraped with title "Le Pilote" but the second episode E24 hasn't and the title for this episode is still "Seinfeld S04E24". If you rescrape the episode 24 the file name should be renamed as "Seinfeld - S04E23E24 - Le Pilote  -Y'a-t-il un pilote dans la série.mkv"
  3. There already is an NFO with broken or wrong information inside for one or more episodes. You've have to delete the NFO, fixing the filename, remove all wrong episodes from Ember and run another DB update.
(2019-06-20, 20:32)DanCooper Wrote: It's a known bug respectively in mose cases a user error. There are 3 ways to run in that issue:
  1. After an inital scan Ember saves an unscraped episode or an episode without an NFO with the title "tv show name SxxExx" into the database. The auto renamer will not be triggert because no NFO file will be created at this point if the episode(s) can't be scraped. If you now edit the episode via edit dialog than the title is still "tv show name SxxExx" but now an NFO is created and the renamer rename the file to "tv show name - SxxExx - episode title". Because of the episode title also includes SxxExx your file now has two season and episode numbers in the file name.
  2. Only one episode has been scraped and the second one still has this inital title. In your case with "Seinfeld - S04E23E24 - Le Pilote  - Seinfeld S04E24.mkv" the E23 has been scraped with title "Le Pilote" but the second episode E24 hasn't and the title for this episode is still "Seinfeld S04E24". If you rescrape the episode 24 the file name should be renamed as "Seinfeld - S04E23E24 - Le Pilote  -Y'a-t-il un pilote dans la série.mkv"
  3. There already is an NFO with broken or wrong information inside for one or more episodes. You've have to delete the NFO, fixing the filename, remove all wrong episodes from Ember and run another DB update.

Thanks Dan,

I *think* I tried several times to clean all, delete the nfo files, rename the video files to something harmless, and rescrape, but I still got problems. I will try another time, since I definitely know that multiple episodes in one file worked previously.
Also if you are using DVD Order at the TVDB, the episode numbering is different for both those episodes. The actual episode numbers are S04E22.1 and S04E22.2 See image...

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble with multiple episode scraps0