How to use artwork stored on NAS with movie ?
Question 
Hi all !

(Sorry for my bad english)

I store movies in separate folder on a NAS. I use "Media Center Master" for scrap abd download poster and folder pictures into those folders.

How can I force Kodi to use those ressources instead of downloading again please ?

Thanks in advance !
@Nicodeme

Kodi will always use local information first, so if you have your Artwork correctly named and saved Kodi will use it.

Look at the image at the bottom of this page in Section 2- Local Artwork, which displays how to save your artwork, and other files... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork

If you do not have your artwork saved this way with the movie, then Kodi will not find it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-07-04, 22:07)Karellen Wrote: @Nicodeme

Kodi will always use local information first, so if you have your Artwork correctly named and saved Kodi will use it.

Look at the image at the bottom of this page in Section 2- Local Artwork, which displays how to save your artwork, and other files... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork

If you do not have your artwork saved this way with the movie, then Kodi will not find it.

Ah, i see what's wrong i think...

I have backdrop.jpg instead of <name of file>-backdrop.jpg. Is this my mistake ?
(2019-07-04, 22:11)Nicodeme Wrote: I have backdrop.jpg
Kodi does not use "backdrop.jpg". You must name it fanart as shown in the image.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-07-04, 22:13)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-07-04, 22:11)Nicodeme Wrote: I have backdrop.jpg
Kodi does not use "backdrop.jpg". You must name it fanart as shown in the image. 

Yes, fanart.jpg but as I see, <file name>-fanart.jpg.

I think my scrapper tool is to old. Is there something good and easy to use for scrap instead of Media Center Master please ?
(2019-07-04, 22:17)Nicodeme Wrote: I think my scrapper tool is to old. Is there something good and easy to use for scrap instead of Media Center Master please ?
I recommend that you let Kodi scrape your library. Kodi does not need Media Managers to populate the library.

But if you must have a Media Manager then I suggest Ember Media Manager, Tiny Media Manager or Media Companion from here... https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116
My Signature
(2019-07-04, 22:29)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-07-04, 22:17)Nicodeme Wrote: I think my scrapper tool is to old. Is there something good and easy to use for scrap instead of Media Center Master please ?
I recommend that you let Kodi scrape your library. Kodi does not need Media Managers to populate the library.

But if you must have a Media Manager then I suggest Ember Media Manager, Tiny Media Manager or Media Companion from here... https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116 

Yes, i need a scraper because i have 2 kodi and 1 MySQL DB that i manage from my PC.  Wink

Thanks for your responses !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use artwork stored on NAS with movie ?1