Possible to allow cache (vq/aq) to fill in kodi v17/v18 prior to initiating playback?
I had read that it was possible at one point to modify the advancedsettings.xml file to require a min vq / aq prior to playback :

<advancedsettings>
    <pvr>
        <minvideocachelevel>60</minvideocachelevel>
        <minaudiocachelevel>60</minaudiocachelevel>
    </pvr>
</advancedsettings>

I also read from official documentation that since kodi v17, these tags in the advancedsettings file will not have an affect (i confirmed they do not with v17)

My question is, is there an alternative means for implementing such a requirement? Alternatively, is there a way a "delay" can be placed prior to each channel switching to help the buffer fill further? I did notice there is such a manual 'delay' that can be put in place, but only when the display must change resolution / refresh rate. In cases such as these, when a 1 second delay is enacted, I did notice when the stream starts, VQ rising to the high 90s instead of the low 60s. Is there a way to do so for all PVR channel switching? Or is this limited to only when refresh rate/ resolution must also change prior to a channel switch?

Thank you in advance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to allow cache (vq/aq) to fill in kodi v17/v18 prior to initiating playback?0