• 8(current)
Release [ARTWORK PROJECT] Character Poster Sets - DISCUSSION
I can create a new separate post CHARACTER POSTER LIST and copy the contents of the second post there. @chrissix will clear his second post (temporarily) and leave only a link to my new post in it. And when @chrissix can continue again - we will return everything as it was before.
How do you like this plan?
(2020-02-19, 23:36)chrissix Wrote: but mods like you @Karellen are able to edit posts?
Yes, we can edit all posts

(2020-02-19, 23:36)chrissix Wrote: for example this is the source code of the well maintained #2 list -> https://pastebin.com/VCW8tsMx
For us, this would be perfect. If Konon makes his changes in that list, then the mods can copy that list into the first post. That would be really easy.

Deleting your posts does not help because we cannot insert Konon's post that early in the thread, and outsourcing the list which forces users to click on more links may become complicated.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-02-20, 00:11)Karellen Wrote: For us, this would be perfect. If Konon makes his changes in that list, then the mods can copy that list into the first post. That would be really easy.

Deleting your posts does not help because we cannot insert Konon's post that early in the thread, and outsourcing the list which forces users to click on more links may become complicated.
For me fine, but i want to insist in a friendly way cause i personally would not feel very fine, maintain some stuff without the right permissions always dependent on other guys.
Cause it's good maintained and deep concept i sometimes make edits very often a day on a maintain trip and do it immediatly cause 1 min later i have forgotten.

Would you agree with this solution:
Rubbing this discussion thread away. (nothing really super important here)
Konon create a new thread (same similar name), then he have thread and 1st post ownership. Here the list can be maintained
Then make further discussion under it (or lock the thread for further posts, it could be also discussed in the KyraDB main thread or if its skinning stuff in the related skins)

Long talk short the list and concept intoduction will just move from the content thread to a new clean discussion (or just list thread)
(2020-02-20, 00:00)Konon Wrote: I can create a new separate post CHARACTER POSTER LIST and copy the contents of the second post there. @chrissix will clear his second post (temporarily) and leave only a link to my new post in it. And when @chrissix can continue again - we will return everything as it was before.
How do you like this plan?
I'm pretty sure you understand my artwork vision and concept and i'm also pretty sure have a better eye for content preparation/managing than me. KyraDB isn't that big and still in it's early ages. We need member and mods interested in content and also sorting/cataloging/maintain that.
In fact i am very happy to find someone interested in. It's a lot of work working on several artwork projects. So all i want to say as long you are interested in i will not take it back. I think the concept of splitting the poster into subtypes (Original, Polished, Keyart) is pretty good. Since it's short project existence already 6 Skins implemented it and if it will further good maintained and content growing it's only a matter of time until we can scrape it directly via @rmrector ArtworkBeef the easy comfortably way.
@"chrissix" 

Hier mal schnell auf deutsch, damit wir da nicht aneinander vorbei reden.,...

Es ist nicht möglich, dass Konon einen neuen Thread erstellt und man Postings verschiebt. 

Grund dafür ist, dass Konon  erst viel später dem Forum beigetreten ist. Sein Beitrittsdatum ist: 01 September 2019. Die Postings, die verschoben werden sollen wurden aber VOR diesem Datum erstellt. Das erste Posting in einem Thread muss dem ältestem Datum entsprechen. Es wäre kein Problem gewesen, wenn Konon schon ein Posting aus 2018 gehabt hätte. Dann hätte man dieses Posting nehmen können, es aus einem Thread splitten und dann jüngere Postings dort hinten dran setzen. Das ist aber nicht der Fall. Somit klappt euer Vorhaben nicht.
@chrissix, I created a post. You will need to delete the list here and leave a link to this new topic.
When you can continue, we will return everything back.
@chrissix, @rschiks
I think I found a solution to the aspect ratio in the original posters.
You need to save them in PNG format (2:3) with a transparent background.
It will be necessary in the evening to check how it will look in the skin.

Posters: original, retouched, keyart - all 2000x3000 (2:3).

Image Image Image
______________________________________________________________________________________
Tested - PNG is only good when the poster is separate from the box, as in the video from @chrissix.
I tried another option. I liked it.

@Konon Thanks. Latest sets have been added.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2020-02-20, 11:31)Konon Wrote: Tested - PNG is only good when the poster is separate from the box, as in the video from @chrissix.
I tried another option. I liked it.
I cannot give further advice cause now i am on the way...

I just can say don't play around with .png or aspect ratio stuff on original poster... poster are .jpg stuff!
Leave the original poster just how they are...
You will never get perfection here... if the skin use it with native aspect ratio it's good, but else they have to live with a bit of stretching.
Original is original and should be original, just make sure each own poster set have same resolution and aspect ratio.

But sure on the polished poster you can consider a uniform resolution and aspect ratio for uniformity... make you own conventions for this!

You also pm'd me cause of the upload naming... this is not important at all cause the KyraDB storaging makes this job.
Naming is only important for set number and poster poster... for wich artwork type it is you just have to upload it in the right section. Then it will storaged and distinguished the right way.
If it's not english changing language tag afterwards and then all is fine in API (type (orignal poster, polished poster, textless poster), language tag, set number, poster numbers in the set...)

EDIT: You achievement on original posters can also be done by skinners with the skinning engine, just making poster smaller, individual background, width/height centering or put it on bottom or top.
Good workaround by the way for different aspect ratios, i'll try that when i come back. But leave original stuff, original stuff.

Ok i have really to go now... good luck!
(2020-02-21, 19:38)chrissix Wrote: EDIT: You achievement on original posters can also be done by skinners with the skinning engine, just making poster smaller, individual background, width/height centering or put it on bottom or top.
Good workaround by the way for different aspect ratios, i'll try that when i come back. But leave original stuff, original stuff.

Ok i have really to go now... good luck! 

Well, the original posters will remain original. Smile
Good luck and look forward to returning!
@Konon

I know you did not upload the Matrix artwork, but is the poster artwork for Matrix Reloaded correct? They look weird with every actors head cropped... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2868780
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-03-07, 09:49)Karellen Wrote: @Konon

I know you did not upload the Matrix artwork, but is the poster artwork for Matrix Reloaded correct? They look weird with every actors head cropped... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2868780

Yes, I agree, they look very strange and I don’t like those either. They exist in two versions 1, 2. In the near future I will try to find and download in the best quality the second option (somewhere I came across them).
Thanks @Konon
My Signature
I doubt if I correctly translated the posters of "Minuscule 2: Mandibles From Far Away (2019)" from French to English, since neither of them is my native language. Can anyone check?

Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image
(2020-03-07, 09:49)Karellen Wrote: @Konon

I know you did not upload the Matrix artwork, but is the poster artwork for Matrix Reloaded correct? They look weird with every actors head cropped... 2868780(post)

Have the Neo poster at home, cutting head off is intended... looks weird i know but maybe was modern in 2003  Rofl
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARTWORK PROJECT] Character Poster Sets - DISCUSSION3