Bug Rapier displays samba passwords for custom backgrounds
Hi. I've set up custom backgrounds for e.g. power, system, etc. in Rapier (Kodi 18.3 Libreelec) to each serve multiple backgrounds from samba shares. But the settings page scrolls the path to the share and includes the samba username and password, e.g. it scrolls "smb://user:password@server/backgrounds/". It shouldn't display the password like that.
Hi snoopyd and welcome to the forums.

Well, it's unfortunately not possible to hide the password and username info.
The skin/Kodi can't tell if there's a password in the background property string. It only displays the info entered by the user.
(2019-07-13, 20:54)Gade Wrote: Hi snoopyd and welcome to the forums.

Well, it's unfortunately not possible to hide the password and username info.
The skin/Kodi can't tell if there's a password in the background property string. It only displays the info entered by the user.
Thanks. Can't it run a regex replacement on the string?

s/(smb:\/\/)([^:]+):([^@]+)(@.*)/$1$2:**hidden**$4/

would replace 'smb://user:pw@server/path' with 'smb://user:**hidden**@server/path'
The smiley is ':<no space>('
@snoopyd

Full Edit your post and select "Disable Smilies" underneath the Post button

Ignore, just realised you are a new member. I'll do it for you.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It's a really good idea.

But I have no idea how to (if possible at all) integrate regex into the string in the skinning engine.

I tried entering
Code:
smb://user:password@server/backgrounds/
as path and using
Code:
$INFO[Skin.String(CustomAddonsBGPath,s/(smb:\/\/)([^:]+):([^@]+)(@.*)/$1$2:**hidden**$4/)]
in the skin.

But it just displays the entire string with the regex first.

Any suggestions?

I'll look into this after my vacation.
As far as I know, it's unfortunately not possible to use regex directly inside skins.

Sorry.

If someone has some info, please let me know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier displays samba passwords for custom backgrounds0