• 8(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-08-15, 00:48)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-08-14, 23:30)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-14, 22:56)Hitcher Wrote: https://twitter.com/themoviedb/status/11...8520425473
Are you sure that's not because you haven't changed that setting in the scraper? 
@Hitcher , thanks for the info! 

In regards to MPAA, this is for what is being returned directly by the plugin (I am pressing i in a widget item from a plugin widget), so no scraper involved.  Also, in my case, I do not do scraping online via Kodi, all of my local content MPAA come from NFOs.

Regards,

Bart  

I've added an option in the settings to choose the MPAA prefix.
However, you will have to deal with this anyway in skins as scrapers allow the user to set the prefix for MPAA rating.

I've also added some fixes in case the api is down so that an error isn't thrown. The plugin will still log the http request error code, but shouldn't throw an exception.  

@jurialmunkey, thank you!

I see in my log now with the latest version that tmdb is throwing http error 422 as well as http error 503.  Now when an error happens (after I click on a cast item), I get my custom person dialog, but with "Cast in Movies" as title and your fallback image (with the tmdb logo) as poster.  How can I know that there was an error so as to close the dialog, or show a message to try later?

You are correct about the prefix for mpaa, and that’s why I provide the users with guidelines as to how their MPAA certifications need to be scraped in order for Amber to show a flag. Since I know that in a lot of cases that is not necessarily followed, I always display a text version of the certification also.

I saw that you implemented a "collection" call, does that just provide back the list of movies in the set? 

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-15, 01:36)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 00:48)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-08-14, 23:30)bsoriano Wrote: @Hitcher , thanks for the info! 

In regards to MPAA, this is for what is being returned directly by the plugin (I am pressing i in a widget item from a plugin widget), so no scraper involved.  Also, in my case, I do not do scraping online via Kodi, all of my local content MPAA come from NFOs.

Regards,

Bart

I've added an option in the settings to choose the MPAA prefix.
However, you will have to deal with this anyway in skins as scrapers allow the user to set the prefix for MPAA rating.

I've also added some fixes in case the api is down so that an error isn't thrown. The plugin will still log the http request error code, but shouldn't throw an exception.

You are correct about the prefix for mpaa, and that’s why I provide the users with guidelines as to how their MPAA certifications need to be scraped in order for Amber to show a flag. Since I know that in a lot of cases that is not necessarily followed, I always display a text version of the certification also.

What would you say is the best way to implement a country lookup? Call the plugin with a discover type query?

Regards,

Bart

If you mean country for certifications, that's currently hardcoded to US as that's what OMDb returns. I'll be implementing language options soon and then I will pull certifications from TMDb instead. Once that's implemented you will be able to grab the language from the addon settings.

If you mean country as in a plugin path for movies from X country, then you might be able to use discover with
&certification_country=
I think you need to translate the coubtry to the certification codes used by tmdb though.

I'll have a look later today and see if it's possible to add.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2019-08-15, 02:06)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 01:36)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 00:48)jurialmunkey Wrote: I've added an option in the settings to choose the MPAA prefix.

What would you say is the best way to implement a country lookup? Call the plugin with a discover type query?

Regards,

Bart

If you mean country for certifications, that's currently hardcoded to US as that's what OMDb returns. I'll be implementing language options soon and then I will pull certifications from TMDb instead. Once that's implemented you will be able to grab the language from the addon settings.

If you mean country as in a plugin path for movies from X country, then you might be able to use discover with
&certification_country=
I think you need to translate the coubtry to the certification codes used by tmdb though.

@jurialmunkey, I meant movies from x country. I took out that part of my post because I did not see an API call in the tmdb site that would provide that, as the countries for movies are returned in production_countries, and I didnt see a query for those. I hope that I just didnt look well enough. Thanks for looking into it.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-15, 03:29)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 02:06)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 01:36)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey, thank you!

Regards,

Bart

&certification_country=

@jurialmunkey, I meant movies from x country. I took out that part of my post because I did not see an API call in the tmdb site that would provide that, as the countries for movies are returned in production_countries, and I didnt see a query for those. I hope that I just didnt look well enough. Thanks for looking into it.

Regards,

Bart

Yeah, I think you're right. As far as I can tell there isn't a way to filter by production countries, which is a shame.
Latest release adds language/country settings. Certifications, Titles and Posters/Fanart are now displayed depending on language/country chosen in the addon settings. You may need to delete simplecache.db to force re-caching of items when changing language.
(2019-08-16, 13:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: Latest release adds language/country settings. Certifications, Titles and Posters/Fanart are now displayed depending on language/country chosen in the addon settings. You may need to delete simplecache.db to force re-caching of items when changing language.

@jurialmunkey, thank you! I think you need to amend the Readme.md, since there is no with_countries query for discovery; perhaps you meant with_companies?

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-16, 14:43)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-16, 13:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: Latest release adds language/country settings. Certifications, Titles and Posters/Fanart are now displayed depending on language/country chosen in the addon settings. You may need to delete simplecache.db to force re-caching of items when changing language.

@jurialmunkey, thank you! I think you need to amend the Readme.md, since there is no with_countries query for discovery; perhaps you meant with_companies?

Regards,

Bart

Ah yes, with_companies is what I meant. Thanks. Fixed.
@jurialmunkey 

Not sure if this is implemented or just an error on my part.

I am trying to retrieve things like, RT ratings and awards for TV Shows. Works fine with movies.

One thing i have noticed with Leia the ListItem.IMDBNumber returns the TVDB number instead. (using the TVDB scraper). Hence i have to fetch the info using the title.

Code:

<control type="list" id="5100">
<include>HiddenList</include>
<content>plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&amp;type=tv&amp;query=$INFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle]</content>
</control>

Code:

<label>$INFO[Container(5100).ListItemAbsolute(0).Property(awards)]</label>
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2019-08-19, 03:59)Mr. V Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

Not sure if this is implemented or just an error on my part.

I am trying to retrieve things like, RT ratings and awards for TV Shows. Works fine with movies.

One thing i have noticed with Leia the ListItem.IMDBNumber returns the TVDB number instead. (using the TVDB scraper). Hence i have to fetch the info using the title.

Code:

<control type="list" id="5100">
<include>HiddenList</include>
<content>plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&amp;type=tv&amp;query=$INFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle]</content>
</control>

Code:

<label>$INFO[Container(5100).ListItemAbsolute(0).Property(awards)]</label>
Awards and RT ratings come from omdb api. Afaik it only returns this info for movies, not tvshows. That's why skinhelper doesn't return that info for tvshows either
@jurialmunkey , I am getting strange behavior as of today, latest Matrix nightly and latest version of the plugin.  When browsing the plugin, if I click on "Cast in Movies" for any actor from any movie, Kodi will terminate.  The only thing I am seeing in my log is "Invalid Media Type actor".  Has there been perhaps a change in the tmdb API, or something in Kodi core which would break the plugin? I know this was not happening before.  Please let me know if you would like me to submit something else or do any other tests.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Maybe related to this... https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/5d5944b9...uage=en-US
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-20, 03:45)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey , I am getting strange behavior as of today, latest Matrix nightly and latest version of the plugin.  When browsing the plugin, if I click on "Cast in Movies" for any actor from any movie, Kodi will terminate.  The only thing I am seeing in my log is "Invalid Media Type actor".  Has there been perhaps a change in the tmdb API, or something in Kodi core which would break the plugin? I know this was not happening before.  Please let me know if you would like me to submit something else or do any other tests.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Working fine for me on Leia.

I would say it is most likely a bug related to some change in Kodi Matrix - You could try rolling back to an earlier nightly where it worked previously to confirm if that's the case.
(2019-08-20, 13:17)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-08-20, 03:45)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey , I am getting strange behavior as of today, latest Matrix nightly and latest version of the plugin.  When browsing the plugin, if I click on "Cast in Movies" for any actor from any movie, Kodi will terminate.  The only thing I am seeing in my log is "Invalid Media Type actor".  Has there been perhaps a change in the tmdb API, or something in Kodi core which would break the plugin? I know this was not happening before.  Please let me know if you would like me to submit something else or do any other tests.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Working fine for me on Leia.

I would say it is most likely a bug related to some change in Kodi Matrix - You could try rolling back to an earlier nightly where it worked previously to confirm if that's the case. 

I will try that and let you know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: I went back to a nightly from August 15th and the plugin is working fine, even though the warning is still there in the log.
@jurialmunkey , how would I go about getting info for a director or writer when the field has multiple names in it? I tried the following, but it did not work:

xml:

<onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(Enable.ExtendedInfo)">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,add_path=plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&amp;type=person&amp;with_separator=NONE&amp;query=$INFO[ListItem.Director],call_id=1129,prevent_del,delay=0.35)</onclick>

Did I misinterpret the way with_separator is to be used, or does it only work with the discover call?  Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-21, 22:35)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey , how would I go about getting info for a director or writer when the field has multiple names in it? I tried the following, but it did not work:

xml:

<onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(Enable.ExtendedInfo)">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,add_path=plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&amp;type=person&amp;with_separator=NONE&amp;query=$INFO[ListItem.Director],call_id=1129,prevent_del,delay=0.35)</onclick>

Did I misinterpret the way with_separator is to be used, or does it only work with the discover call?  Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart

It only works with the discover call and specifically only the "with_" or "without_" calls (eg with_genres).

I can add a function to check search queries for / and split to take only the first. I'll let you know once it is added.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2