Playlist of random Playlists
Hi community,

i haven't figured out how to solve this:

I'd like to have the possibility to show random playlists as video widget on my kodi homescreen.
Lets assume I have a number of pre-defined playlists (e.g. my fav actors, HD, Kids, ....) and on my homescreen i want to see a randon selection of those playlists.
Some you you might know this from video settop boxes were "specials" are being shown, like "Marvel, "4K" etc

Any way to achieve this with Kodi?

THX
dunno what the set top box specials are offering....

Try this and perhaps get 10 random from playlists.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Surprise Playist</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="playlist" operator="is">
        <value>0</value>
    </rule>
    <limit>10</limit>
    <order direction="descending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>
IIUC what is wanted is to have a container with content being a directory listing of video playlists in random order and probably a limit of 10 or 12?  The label would be the filename and the icon a generic playlist icon?

scott s.
(2019-08-05, 23:22)scott967 Wrote: IIUC what is wanted is to have a container with content being a directory listing of video playlists in random order and probably a limit of 10 or 12?  The label would be the filename and the icon a generic playlist icon?

scott s.

Almost, yes

Let me try to re-phrase:

I have 5 playlists (doesnt matter with SMART or not):
- my fav movies
- unwatched movies
- MCU movies
- Car movies
- HD movies

What I'd like on the home screen is that randomly 3 out of those 5 playlists are being shown. So on Day 1 the playlists "my fav movies", "HD movies" and "MCU movies" are being shown, on another day different one's.

I know how to add playlists to the home screen, that's why I was thinking of creating a playlist which randomly selects a certain number of playlists as playlist items.
Is there any other way to randomly show playlists on the home screen as widget?

thx
kalle

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlist of random Playlists0