Show current movie information when pressing the MovieInformation key
I set up a keyboard shortcut for activatewindow(movieinformation) during full-screen playback.  When that button is pressed, Kodi brings up the Info window as expected (movie information, cast, director etc).  The problem is that it doesn't pull that info from the movie that is currently selected or even the movie that is being played.  Instead, it shows info from the last time when Info was opened from the context menu.  So you will be playing one movie, and info will be shown for a totally different one. 

I think the intended function of this feature was to show info for the movie that is currently being selected/played, but perhaps it was overlooked because not many people use this function.  Can this be fixed or addressed in a future release?
I don't have that problem.

(2019-08-09, 12:50)Knocks Wrote: I set up a keyboard shortcut to bring up Windows->Video Info during full-screen playback.
Give details of the shortcut you added.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The shortcut is activatewindow(movieinformation).  Edited the OP to clarify that.  I tested it across different Kodi skins, and the behavior is consistent.
As you found out that dialog is used for list items only. You'll want to use 
xml:
ActivateWindow(fullscreeninfo)
but the info it contains is limited.
Alternative is to open the video playlist then open movieinfo

scott s.
(2019-08-09, 22:07)Hitcher Wrote: You'll want to use 
xml:
ActivateWindow(fullscreeninfo)
but the info it contains is limited.

Yeah that mostly just includes the movie plot, which is something that should be hidden anyway if the movie is unwatched and spoilers are set to "hidden."  I am looking for information like year of release and access to cast and director, i.e. the real Movie Info screen.
(2019-08-10, 03:04)scott967 Wrote: Alternative is to open the video playlist then open movieinfo

As per OP, can we make make Kodi pull info for the current movie when movieinformation is activated instead of displaying cached info? In its current form the command is not very useful, and it makes design and UX sense to show current movie info. That would only add 1 or 2 extra queries and would hardly put any strain on system resources during playback (ideally playback would be paused when this window is activated, similar to the subtitle search window).
I'd like that too but I'm not a core dev.

Moved to feature requests.
Thanks, I've changed the thread title to formulate it as a request.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show current movie information when pressing the MovieInformation key0