• 181(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2021-05-02, 22:28)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-01, 07:46)VonMagnum Wrote: I just tried watching a movie and I was getting choppy video.  No hardware setting seemed to make a difference. I then tried switching to the regular Confluence and it played smooth as silk.  I could even see the interface hesitating with Xonfluence. I don't know what it is, but I get the feeling a script or something is running that is somehow affecting both the interface and video playing.  Has anyone else noticed an issue?
@VonMagnum , in the latest from GitHub, I have removed any addon dependency from Xonfluence.  So, now you do not need to have service.library.data.provider or script.favourites.  Could you test again, with service.library.data.provider disabled and see if playback is better? Please let me know.  Thanks.

If you want to use/see favourites, or video node stats, you need to enable the addons in Xonfluence's skin settings:

Regards,

Bart

I'll try it, but playback seemed ok last night. I went through looking for anything that might cause odd behavior. I'm not sure anything I changed had anything to do with it, though. There's always the possibility Amazon was updating something in the background or something.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2021-05-01, 07:16)VonMagnum Wrote:
(2021-04-30, 20:47)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-30, 20:42)VonMagnum Wrote: I'll have to get it tonight.  I was thinking just an option to check filetype playing and turn it off just for those filetypes.  I don't want to have to answer a question before playing.

@VonMagnum, that's doable as well. I just need, besides the file that I asked for, which file types this should apply to.

I would add an option in the skin settings to enable it anyway, since not all users might want hw acceleration turned off.

Regards,

Bart

I sent a link to the file.  The only ones I'm aware of offhand are .AVI and .WMV

There might be others, but I'm not sure what offhand.  Those are the two I have that present a problem here.
@VonMagnum , the changes for this are already on GitHub.  For this to work, you need the addon script.embuary.helper, which you can get from the Kodi repo.

So, if you are on Android and have script.embuary.helper, there is a new option in Xonfluence's skin settings:

If you enable that, then every time Xonfluence starts playing a video with AVI extension or WMV extension, it will disable hardware acceleration.  It will set hw acceleration to whatever value it had before you started playing the video when you stop playing it.

Please test and let me know how it is working for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-05-02, 23:53)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-04-30, 20:47)bsoriano Wrote: @VonMagnum, that's doable as well. I just need, besides the file that I asked for, which file types this should apply to.

I would add an option in the skin settings to enable it anyway, since not all users might want hw acceleration turned off.

Regards,

Bart

I sent a link to the file.  The only ones I'm aware of offhand are .AVI and .WMV

There might be others, but I'm not sure what offhand.  Those are the two I have that present a problem here.
@VonMagnum , the changes for this are already on GitHub.  For this to work, you need the addon script.embuary.helper, which you can get from the Kodi repo.

So, if you are on Android and have script.embuary.helper, there is a new option in Xonfluence's skin settings:

If you enable that, then every time Xonfluence starts playing a video with AVI extension or WMV extension, it will disable hardware acceleration.  It will set hw acceleration to whatever value it had before you started playing the video when you stop playing it.

Regards,

Bart

OK, thanks a bunch. I'll try it when I get home.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2021-04-30, 20:47)bsoriano Wrote: @VonMagnum, that's doable as well. I just need, besides the file that I asked for, which file types this should apply to.

Regards,

Bart

Regards,

Bart

No, it doesn't appear to work.  I installed the script.embruary.helper and checked the box and tested it on an .avi file that is choppy with hardware acceleration on and it made no difference.  If I manually turned it off, it was smooth as silk.

Edit:  I take that last part back.  That weird choppy pause (different from the video acceleration thing) seems to come and go at times still too (no idea what's causing it, but switching to Confluence instead makes it go away 100%).

My Nvidia Shield doesn’t seem to have that problem with the skin and odd pauses, but it also doesn’t really get choppy video with .AVI either way, so I can’t really test that aspect either on that device. It’s my 2nd gen FireTV 4K that has both issues.
(2021-05-03, 07:28)VonMagnum Wrote:
(2021-05-01, 07:16)VonMagnum Wrote: I sent a link to the file.  The only ones I'm aware of offhand are .AVI and .WMV

Regards,

Bart

No, it doesn't appear to work.  I installed the script.embruary.helper and checked the box and tested it on an .avi file that is choppy with hardware acceleration on and it made no difference.  If I manually turned it off, it was smooth as silk.

Edit:  I take that last part back.  That weird choppy pause (different from the video acceleration thing) seems to come and go at times still too (no idea what's causing it, but switching to Confluence instead makes it go away 100%).

My Nvidia Shield doesn’t seem to have that problem with the skin and odd pauses, but it also doesn’t really get choppy video with .AVI either way, so I can’t really test that aspect either on that device. It’s my 2nd gen FireTV 4K that has both issues.

@VonMagnum, could you please send me a screenshot of the setting you manually turned off? Perhaps I am turning off the wrong setting.  Thanks.

Also, could you please send me a debug log of when you get the weird pause issue? That way I can try to figure out what is happening.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-05-02, 22:25)bsoriano Wrote: @GavinCampbell , I think I found a way around the issue.  Please try the latest from GitHub.  The startup.xml is different, it still has the code to show the intro video or startup playlist, but in a different way.  I tested it on Matrix nad it worked, even though somethimes it took a little while to get the login screen again.  I think this last bit is due to issues with the Kodi profile system.

Was able to give it a try.

I am now able to logoff properly from my various profiles.  However there seems to be another issue introduced in latest build that is resetting the settings.xml when logging off and on.  I checked the previous version I was using (may have been a few versions behind) and I did not have this issue at all.  So it is something that was introduced recently.

I can replicate it using a clean install of kodi using the following steps.
  • using a fresh kodi install
    •   install and enable xonfluence in the master
    •   enable the logoff button
    •   create two other test profiles (test1 and test2)
    •   logon with test1
      • enable and use xonfluence
      • enable the logoff button
      • change the upper right on the homescreen to be the profile name (this is our test)
    •   logon with test2
      • enable adn use xonfluence
      • enable the logoff button (this may already be enabled as part of the bug)
      • change the upper right on the homescreen to be the profile name
    • exit kodi
    • restart kodi
    • logon into test1
      • verify upper left has test1 displayed
      • logoff test1
    • logon with test2
    •  upper left has been reset to default kodi image as settings has been reset
In my setup it resets a lot more then just the above.  It also resets such things as the custom menu layout.

Also the intro video plays during the logon screen.  I'm not sure if that is wanted or should be disabled.  I usually disable everything in the master profile as to not affect the logon screen.

Let me know if you need any logs or anything from my end.
(2021-05-03, 16:39)GavinCampbell Wrote:
(2021-05-02, 22:25)bsoriano Wrote: @GavinCampbell , I think I found a way around the issue.  Please try the latest from GitHub.  The startup.xml is different, it still has the code to show the intro video or startup playlist, but in a different way.  I tested it on Matrix nad it worked, even though somethimes it took a little while to get the login screen again.  I think this last bit is due to issues with the Kodi profile system.

Was able to give it a try.

I am now able to logoff properly from my various profiles.  However there seems to be another issue introduced in latest build that is resetting the settings.xml when logging off and on.  I checked the previous version I was using (may have been a few versions behind) and I did not have this issue at all.  So it is something that was introduced recently.

I can replicate it using a clean install of kodi using the following steps.
  • using a fresh kodi install
    •   install and enable xonfluence in the master
    •   enable the logoff button
    •   create two other test profiles (test1 and test2)
    •   logon with test1
      • enable and use xonfluence
      • enable the logoff button
      • change the upper right on the homescreen to be the profile name (this is our test)
    •   logon with test2
      • enable adn use xonfluence
      • enable the logoff button (this may already be enabled as part of the bug)
      • change the upper right on the homescreen to be the profile name
    • exit kodi
    • restart kodi
    • logon into test1
      • verify upper left has test1 displayed
      • logoff test1
    • logon with test2
    •  upper left has been reset to default kodi image as settings has been reset
In my setup it resets a lot more then just the above.  It also resets such things as the custom menu layout.

Also the intro video plays during the logon screen.  I'm not sure if that is wanted or should be disabled.  I usually disable everything in the master profile as to not affect the logon screen.

Let me know if you need any logs or anything from my end.
@GavinCampbell , thanks for testing.  I am not experiencing the issue that you mention.  I created two different profiles besides master, set each one to have the profile name to be on the top left, set the master to have the weather on the top left, and changed the menu configuration of both additional profiles, in both cases adding the logoff item to the System submenu, but in position 6 for profile test1, and in position 7 for profile test2.  

Only in the login screen do I see the Kodi logo on the top left, and that is because that dialog was coded with the Kodi logo on the top left.

The only difference perhaps in my system is OS, since I am running Windows.

You can always comment everything in the startup.xml and see if that fixes the issue for you, as the only code that I changed that would have any effect on this is in the startup.xml.  If you do that, please let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-03, 17:04)bsoriano Wrote: @GavinCampbell , thanks for testing.  I am not experiencing the issue that you mention.  I created two different profiles besides master, set each one to have the profile name to be on the top left, set the master to have the weather on the top left, and changed the menu configuration of both additional profiles, in both cases adding the logoff item to the System submenu, but in position 6 for profile test1, and in position 7 for profile test2.  

That sounds right.  The only thing is that make sure switching between profiles you do a logoff and logon.  If you do an exit and then launch it again it doesn't overwrite the setting.  I used the profile name in the top left as a test as that was the first visual indicator that the settings got reset.

(2021-05-03, 17:04)bsoriano Wrote: The only difference perhaps in my system is OS, since I am running Windows.

I am also running on Windows.  The one difference may be that I am running it with the portable switch.  So I run "kodi.exe -p" so all of the kodi settings are under %INSTALLDIR%\portable_data.  I'm not sure if this really makes a difference.  It just moves the data folder from the %USERDATA% folder.  Maybe I'll give it a try in the not portable mode and see.

(2021-05-03, 17:04)bsoriano Wrote: You can always comment everything in the startup.xml and see if that fixes the issue for you, as the only code that I changed that would have any effect on this is in the startup.xml.  If you do that, please let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

That was one of the first things I did.  I put in a blank startup.xml like before just in case as a test.

I'll play around with it a bit more and see if I can see whats going on here.
(2021-05-02, 22:23)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-01, 21:12)dkangel Wrote: hi guys

a problem that was already in old versions of xonfluence

just check the picture, it's more understandable then my poor english Tongue

@dkangel , this is fixed already in the latest on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Yes it's corrected now. Once again thank you for your job
(2021-05-03, 18:16)GavinCampbell Wrote:
(2021-05-03, 17:04)bsoriano Wrote: @GavinCampbell , thanks for testing.  I am not experiencing the issue that you mention.  I created two different profiles besides master, set each one to have the profile name to be on the top left, set the master to have the weather on the top left, and changed the menu configuration of both additional profiles, in both cases adding the logoff item to the System submenu, but in position 6 for profile test1, and in position 7 for profile test2.  

That sounds right.  The only thing is that make sure switching between profiles you do a logoff and logon.  If you do an exit and then launch it again it doesn't overwrite the setting.  I used the profile name in the top left as a test as that was the first visual indicator that the settings got reset.

(2021-05-03, 17:04)bsoriano Wrote: The only difference perhaps in my system is OS, since I am running Windows.

I am also running on Windows.  The one difference may be that I am running it with the portable switch.  So I run "kodi.exe -p" so all of the kodi settings are under %INSTALLDIR%\portable_data.  I'm not sure if this really makes a difference.  It just moves the data folder from the %USERDATA% folder.  Maybe I'll give it a try in the not portable mode and see.

(2021-05-03, 17:04)bsoriano Wrote: You can always comment everything in the startup.xml and see if that fixes the issue for you, as the only code that I changed that would have any effect on this is in the startup.xml.  If you do that, please let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

That was one of the first things I did.  I put in a blank startup.xml like before just in case as a test.

I'll play around with it a bit more and see if I can see whats going on here.
@GavinCampbell , the profile switching I was doing was precisely doing logoff and logon.  

And I am not running in portable mode, so that might be part of the issue.  I will try to setup another Kodi Matrix instance in portable mode and see if that makes a difference.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-03, 18:28)dkangel Wrote:
(2021-05-02, 22:23)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-01, 21:12)dkangel Wrote: hi guys

a problem that was already in old versions of xonfluence

just check the picture, it's more understandable then my poor english Tongue

@dkangel , this is fixed already in the latest on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Yes it's corrected now. Once again thank you for your job
@dkangel , thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
@bsoriano - Are you going to maintain this skin?Big Grin This is another skin I sometimes use with Leia.
(2021-04-10, 00:32)jmh2002 Wrote: @bsoriano

THANKS Bart! You are awesome. I'd really like to help out but unfortunately I'm not running Matrix yet at all, not even for testing.

Hopefully someone will jump in here and test for you on Matrix Nod

I'm now starting the process of moving to Matrix, firstly with a Kodi portable installation.
(2021-05-02, 22:28)bsoriano Wrote: ...in the latest from GitHub, I have removed any addon dependency from Xonfluence.  So, now you do not need to have service.library.data.provider or script.favourites...

If you want to use/see favourites, or video node stats, you need to enable the addons in Xonfluence's skin settings

I have a stupid question Huh I can't enable the Favourites addon because with a fresh install of Kodi, it's no longer installed. So how should script.favourites now be installed? I tried installing it from https://kodi.tv/addon/libraries/favourites-script but that zip complains about python (I guess it's not the Matrix version).

THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Deleted
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-05-04, 08:43)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-04-10, 00:32)jmh2002 Wrote: @bsoriano

THANKS Bart! You are awesome. I'd really like to help out but unfortunately I'm not running Matrix yet at all, not even for testing.

Hopefully someone will jump in here and test for you on Matrix Nod

I'm now starting the process of moving to Matrix, firstly with a Kodi portable installation.
(2021-05-02, 22:28)bsoriano Wrote: ...in the latest from GitHub, I have removed any addon dependency from Xonfluence.  So, now you do not need to have service.library.data.provider or script.favourites...

If you want to use/see favourites, or video node stats, you need to enable the addons in Xonfluence's skin settings

I have a stupid question Huh I can't enable the Favourites addon because with a fresh install of Kodi, it's no longer installed. So how should script.favourites now be installed? I tried installing it from https://kodi.tv/addon/libraries/favourites-script but that zip complains about python (I guess it's not the Matrix version).

THANKS Smile
@jmh2002, thanks for pointing this out.  I will change the code so that if you enable favorite addon, and you do not have it installed, Xonfluence prompts you to install it.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
  • 181(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13