Change disks in L-ELEC 9.1.002 Kodi 18.3 RetroPlayer PCSX-rearmed?
Hi and thank you all so much for the great work you do here!

I am fairly new to KODI, LibreELEC and RetroPlayer as they came with my first Raspberry Pi 4, so please excuse my stupidity on this subject.
I tried to google it again and again in the last few days, but I couldnt come across any resource for my device/software constellation (I know, the Pi4 is kind of brand new):

I am playing Final Fantasy 9 and Heart of Darkness on PCSX-reARMed (The one that is in Kodis Repository under Emulators). The beetle emulator didnt work out for my roms.
Using Select on my noname PS analog gamepad (wired) as hotkey works only together with L1, L2, R1, R2 (fast forward/backward) and Start (exit game).
SELECT + TRIANGLE or CROSS did not work for accessing the Hotkey Menu (Does it even exist for PCSX?) so I have no idea where or how to change disks while playing.

I tried to create CUE files via the PlayStation (PSX) Cue Maker website and tied them together via a m3u playlist, as it was suggested in some guide online.
I can start the first CD and play it to the point where I have to change to the next CD by starting the game from the m3u, so that seems to work, but how can I now change the CD?
The Emulator does not recognize the second CD automatically and switch and due to lack of interface options / menus / hotkey menu, I have no idea where to start.

Sorry for making this longer than it needed to be and thank you all so much in advance for any useful advice you can give me.
P.S. I would gladly provide logs, but you will need to tell me where I can find them and if there even are log entries, since I dont experience a crash.

Thank you! <3
Sorry, I couldnt find the "Edit" function.

I am at a complete loss now.

In Famicon (2010) SNES Emulator, SELECT + X used to work for the In-Game Menu. Now it also does not.
Same problem I am facing with the PCSX-reARMed Emulator.
Shift + Enter or Alt + Enter on my keyboard, nothing helped to access this darn menu. I remember I was able to change setting in there the first time I tried to access it.
I have no clue to why I cannot access it anymore. Where can I find the config file for RetroPlayer? Is there a settings menu in Kodi for this thing? Its like a ghost...

Is there any config file I can delete to restore this to the way it is supposed to be?
And will the In-Game Hotkey menu help me in "changing CDs" for PS games?

I configured all controller Add-ons and ingame everything works perfectly fine. It is the RetroPlayer that seems to have an issue. In Kodi all buttons work.
@Bl4ck-H34d

No edit function yet as you are a junior member. More permissions will come as your post count and age increase.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Good  to know, thanks @Karellen!

Do you have by any chance any information or ideas how Changing CDs for PCSX ReARMed (KODI/RetroPlayer) works or a source you can point me to?
Loading the CDs via m3u didnt help. (Not sure if it is supposed to help for PCSX ReARMed.
Sorry, I cannot help you with game support. This is all voodoo and magic to me Wink

The gaming section is a bit quiet, so it may take longer than the rest of the forum to receive an answer.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Okay, I am officially an idiot:

Because I changed my skin in Kodi (Aeon Tajo), I cannot open/(see?) the OCD (In-Game Menu).

I changed the skin back, but my main problem still remains:

How can I change CDs of Multi-CD-Games? I was hoping the OCD might have the solution, but there was none.
Renaming the .sav file (current live game save) into the next CDs name and then starting the game with that CD did not work. Though I am at the point where the game asked me to change CD, if I do this, It asks me to Change back to the first CD.
I tried creating a m3u as described in some tutorial online, still get the request to change CD. As far as I can see, there is no possibility in RetroPlayers PCSX-ReARMed core to change CDs. Please Please Please correct me if I am wrong.
Sorry, I meant OSD...

I should sleep. Its already 10:00 am =_=
Is there any chance, that we will see the option to swap discs in RetroPlayer in the near future?

I am running KODI mostly for gaming and currently it is the best solution for the Pi 4, but without this important feature, most of my favorite titles will not be playable.
Did anyone maybe find a workaround for the issue?
Disk swap support is something I want for RetroPlayer. We should start brainstorming about how this should look in the GUI. How does retroarch do disk swap?
(2019-09-09, 01:01)garbear Wrote: Disk swap support is something I want for RetroPlayer. We should start brainstorming about how this should look in the GUI. How does retroarch do disk swap?

I believe there is the ability to attach additional images to the internal list of available disk then you can change the disk "index" as well as there being an option to emulate the tray being opened. Retroarch also allows loading from an m3u playlist that lists all the disks to make available and keeps the save states and save games named after the m3u to make the same save apply for all disks.
(2019-09-09, 01:01)garbear Wrote: Disk swap support is something I want for RetroPlayer. We should start brainstorming about how this should look in the GUI. How does retroarch do disk swap?

RA has a menu item to change the disk number (index), append a disk to the list of disk (assuming in an m3u file), and to cycle the game tray. Probably the easiest would be to add a disk submenu to the already present game OSD menu. If Retroplayer could handle m3u files as a list of disks and automatically add them, I think that would go a long way.
@garbear @zachmorris My contribution to the multidisc question.

The use of M3U files creates problems when scanning the games, and I am talking because of my experience developing AEL. For example, if user sets the scanning extensions to "CHD|M3U" then the games belonging to the M3U sets will also be added to the database. If the scanning extension is "M3U" only then the user has to create a M3U file for each game, even for single disk games (the vast majority), which is very inconvenient.

I think the games database should take care of multidisc ROMs in a similar way to what AEL and RCB do now. Multidisc ISO images are detected and a single game database entry created, pointing to all disk numbers. At launch time of a Multidisc game, Kodi shows the user a select dialog with the disk number to launch. During game play sometimes is necessary to change the disk, so the game OSD should allow to cycle disks the same way Retroarch does.

Also, for systems with optical media there should be an option to open/close the tray (Retroarch also has this feature). Some games, notably Metal Gear of PSX, must be able to detect that the tray has been ejected and then closed again, otherwise it won't work. In Retroarch the process to change disk of special games is as follows: open the Retroarch menu, open the tray, return to the game so it detects the tray is open, go again to the Retroarch menu, cycle the disk and close the tray, then return to the game.

In AEL multidisc support is a PITA because it creates a lot of problems when auditing the ROMs with No-Intro/Redump DATs. However, I think Kodi will never have a ROM auditor Wink so it shouldn't be a problem to implement the Multidisc game support in the database providing that the user has the ISOs renamed properly with Redump names (to the games DB, renaming the ROMs/ISOs with the correct name is equivalent to setting the correct tags of MP3 files to the music DB).
Yay! Does that mean people way smarter than me are trying to solve the CD changing problem for PS1 titles such as Final Fantasy 9 ?
Sounds like a dream comes true to me! Thank you so much guys! If you need someone to test stuff, I would love to help!
Присоединяюсь с тем же вопросом. Как можно было не реализовать такую ​​функцию в меню эмулятора как поменять диск? Разработчик с другой планеты даже не знает, что на первой playstation много игр, которые не записаны на один диск?
(2020-09-24, 19:37)Sidordroid Wrote: Присоединяюсь с тем же вопросом. Как можно было не реализовать такую ​​функцию в меню эмулятора как поменять диск? Разработчик с другой планеты даже не знает, что на первой playstation много игр, которые не записаны на один диск?

Joining with the same question. How could you not implement such a function in the emulator menu how to change a disk? A developer from another planet does not even know that there are many games on the first playstation that are not recorded on one disk?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change disks in L-ELEC 9.1.002 Kodi 18.3 RetroPlayer PCSX-rearmed?0