Failure to scrape TV shows
Hello.

I've been stuck on using 8.2.5 for a while and everything works fine. Even now it'll scrape my TV shows.

I've been trying to update to LibreELEC 9.0.2 or even 9.1.002 but I'm having problems scraping my TV shows.
Particularly Afro Samurai and Game of Thrones. These work perfect on 8.2.5

I haven't done anything besides install the latest distribution.

Hopefully I did this right:
https://paste.kodi.tv/ogatoseqih
I think the problem may be at themoviedg.org end, at least for Afro Samurai. If I try and open it in a web browser on the url below it throws an internal server error on the web page:

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/19544-afro...anguage=en

Not sure about GoT, as that page works fine and there's no errors in your log when it's trying to scrape it. What exact problems are you having, and how are your seasons and episodes stored on your source drive (file naming and folder structure)?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-08-18, 14:12)DarrenHill Wrote: I think the problem may be at themoviedg.org end, at least for Afro Samurai. If I try and open it in a web browser on the url below it throws an internal server error on the web page:

Not sure about GoT, as that page works fine and there's no errors in your log when it's trying to scrape it. What exact problems are you having, and how are your seasons and episodes stored on your source drive (file naming and folder structure)?

Last night they were having problems with some of the site [too many connections]. I've waited for them to clear that up.

The problem I'm having is that I cannot get Game of Thrones or Afro Samurai listed under TV shows and a couple of Star Trek series in the latest LibreElec. I tried both 9.0.2 or even 9.1.002.

Now I've gone back to 8.2.5 again it works fine, I have 7 seasons of Game of Thrones listed under TV shows and 5 episodes of Afro Samurai with all the artwork etc.

The seasons and episodes are each in a single folder [Game of Thrones] [Afro Samurai] and like everything else that scraped successfully are listed as S1E01.mkv - S7E07.mkv

I'm trying to figure out why it works in an older distribution but refuses to work in anything newer.
Talking to some of the other team members, one of them is also having issues with scraping GoT. So it's not specifically your set-up and from what I can see there's nothing obvious in either your or their logs. So I'd perhaps give it a little while and try again before doing anything too drastic.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Darren and me talked to each other.

I guess my problem with GoT and TMDB is different from the one the OP has.

@BonkyDonkey 

Am I correct with my assumption that you initially started scraping Got (for example) using LE 8.2.5 and then switched to LE 9.0.1? If so, you have to be aware that we switched the standard scraper between Kdoi 17 and kodi 18 from TVDB to TMDB. The latter currently gives me problems here with GoT as well, but I guess that might not be related to your problem. Still trying to figure that one out.

For your problem, I would either suggest to stay at 9.0.1 (or 9.1.002) and either change the scraper to TVDB again or staying at TMDB, but then you have to refresh the complete TV show(s) where scraping additional seasons/episodes are failing. The reason for that is, that both scrapers are using a different episodeguideurl and the one isn't compliant with the other.

So either switching the scraper or refreshing the TV Show completely 'should'™ solve your issue.
(2019-08-18, 14:12)DarrenHill Wrote: I think the problem may be at themoviedg.org end, at least for Afro Samurai. If I try and open it in a web browser on the url below it throws an internal server error on the web page:

Same error? Then it is fixed... https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/5d592b5e...001666a61f
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm also having the same problem - at least 30% of my TV shows don't scrap correctly, i.e. "Stranger Things" is scrapped as "Beyond Stranger Things", "Gypsy" is scrapped as "Gypsy cab", "Gotham" is scrapped as "Gotham Girls", etc. Even if I try to do it manually editing the title, the correct names aren't found, it suggest me only the titles that are similar to original. I prefer TMDB because it is available in polish language, which I use. Now I have 70% of my TV shows scrapped correctly from TMDB, and the other 30% scrapped in english language from TVDB. I hope it'll get fixed soon.
I am also having scraping issues on 9.1.002 which I accidentally installed on my R.Pi3.

Anyone having issues with movies?  Especially the rating?
(2019-08-21, 11:53)mars28pl Wrote: I'm also having the same problem - at least 30% of my TV shows don't scrap correctly, i.e. "Stranger Things" is scrapped as "Beyond Stranger Things", "Gypsy" is scrapped as "Gypsy cab", "Gotham" is scrapped as "Gotham Girls", etc. Even if I try to do it manually editing the title, the correct names aren't found, it suggest me only the titles that are similar to original. I prefer TMDB because it is available in polish language, which I use. Now I have 70% of my TV shows scrapped correctly from TMDB, and the other 30% scrapped in english language from TVDB. I hope it'll get fixed soon.

This is happening with me as well. Started totally fresh install. Have 15 TV shows and it scraped 7 and 2 of those were wrong so it got 5 out of 15... manual searches dont return the actual shows I am doing, just close matches.
@Spawk - if this is recent then there was a bug in v3.2.2 of the TVDB scraper which was giving issues. An update was pushed yesterday to v3.2.3 which resolves that problem.

Please check which version you are on and update if needed then try again.

Kodi Blog Posts
Oh the tvdb scraper works fine, I was referring to the moviedb scraper.
Ah OK, this thread was originally discussing TVDB.

Anyway it would be better in the metadata scraper support section, so I'll move it there.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-06, 09:36)Spawk Wrote:
(2019-08-21, 11:53)mars28pl Wrote: I'm also having the same problem - at least 30% of my TV shows don't scrap correctly, i.e. "Stranger Things" is scrapped as "Beyond Stranger Things", "Gypsy" is scrapped as "Gypsy cab", "Gotham" is scrapped as "Gotham Girls", etc. Even if I try to do it manually editing the title, the correct names aren't found, it suggest me only the titles that are similar to original. I prefer TMDB because it is available in polish language, which I use. Now I have 70% of my TV shows scrapped correctly from TMDB, and the other 30% scrapped in english language from TVDB. I hope it'll get fixed soon.

This is happening with me as well. Started totally fresh install. Have 15 TV shows and it scraped 7 and 2 of those were wrong so it got 5 out of 15... manual searches dont return the actual shows I am doing, just close matches.
Sorry I guess I totally hijacked the thread. But the thread title will get many clicks so I just want to report back and say that it was only the tv show moviedb scraper that is bundled with 18.5 that is borked... and after update to 3.4.0 it successfully scraped 15 of 16 shows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Failure to scrape TV shows0