<banner>banner.jpg</banner>
    <clearlogo>clearlogo.png</clearlogo>
    <fanart>fanart.jpg</fanart>
    <fanart1>fanart1.jpg</fanart1>
    <fanart2>fanart2.jpg</fanart2>
</art>

Thanks!
@longscarf63

What you have there raises a few questions, but lets stick to your question. The wiki is correct.

Now for my questions...
1. They look like local artwork. You don't need to do any of that for local artwork.
2. Are you using v18?
3. Is that an export from an older library, not one you have just created in v18?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-31, 04:04)Karellen Wrote: @longscarf63

What you have there raises a few questions, but lets stick to your question. The wiki is correct.

Now for my questions...
1. They look like local artwork. You don't need to do any of that for local artwork.
2. Are you using v18?
3. Is that an export from an older library, not one you have just created in v18?

1. It is local artwork. I'm pretty sure I read in the Wiki that you can specify local art in NFO files.
2. Yes, using 18.3.
3. Export from fresh install of 18.3 and newly created library.

I'm just working on creating manual NFOs and wanted to populate as much of it as I could with scrapers, and then export and tweak them. Was just surprised to see the different tags in the export (ART, THUMB, BANNER, etc.) as opposed to what is specified in Wiki. I'll go with Wiki version as you say, but still curious about difference.

Thanks.
Ok, that explains it. The nfo files you created did not use the correct tags.

If you don't mind me saying so, you are wasting your time adding artwork tags in an nfo file for local artwork. Kodi will ignore them anyway because you have local artwork.

All you need to do is name your artwork correctly, place them in the correct location and Kodi will find them. Read here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341179

I assume you are using the template on the wiki page? No need to add anything extra to it.

Also, that export in your first post, where is that from? - Single file export or nfo file? I don't recall seeing those tags in an export.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-31, 05:03)Karellen Wrote: Ok, that explains it. The nfo files you created did not use the correct tags.
The NFO file I created is based on the template, table of tags and sample on the Wiki page, which were copied and pasted, and not altered. You can see it in the first code fragment in my original post. Those tags are correct. All I did was insert values between them. And this NFO file has not been imported. Just worked on in a text editor.
(2019-08-31, 05:03)Karellen Wrote: If you don't mind me saying so, you are wasting your time adding artwork tags in an nfo file for local artwork. Kodi will ignore them anyway because you have local artwork.
Okay. Understood. I was just going by the Wiki sample, which includes the THUMB and FANART tags. And the Wiki table specifies: "Importing will also accept paths to local art files which can subsequently be exported." Sorry for wasting my time, but I'm just trying to fathom the Wiki and learn here.
(2019-08-31, 05:03)Karellen Wrote: All you need to do is name your artwork correctly, place them in the correct location and Kodi will find them.
I do have all my artwork named correctly and set up in an artist info folder. I was simply looking into adding Artist.NFO files as well for finer control (as the Wiki details).
(2019-08-31, 05:03)Karellen Wrote: I assume you are using the template on the wiki page? No need to add anything extra to it.
Yes, the template, table of tags and sample from the Wiki's Music NFO page. Nothing extra was added.
(2019-08-31, 05:03)Karellen Wrote: Also, that export in your first post, where is that from? - Single file export or nfo file? I don't recall seeing those tags in an export.
The export is single file from Kodi. And, again, your question is my question. What are those tags (the second code fragment from original post) and why are they different from what is in the Wiki? I did not put them there.
Is this the wiki page you are looking at? Are you using the Templates- Items 3.2 and 4.2... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Music

Single file is different. It is not an nfo file. The single file export uses different tags that are not meant to be substituted into an nfo file.

If you are trying to create additional data for your albums and artists then Single File is not the way to do it. Use the nfo file.
My Signature
(2019-08-31, 06:44)Karellen Wrote: Is this the wiki page you are looking at? Are you using the Templates- Items 3.2 and 4.2... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Music
Yep...that's the page. I've been using the template in 3.2, the tags from the table in 3.1, and the sample in 3.3 as a guide. I have not been using 4.2 as I was working on an Artist.NFO and not an Album.NFO.
(2019-08-31, 06:44)Karellen Wrote: Single file is different. It is not an nfo file. The single file export uses different tags that are not meant to be substituted into an nfo file.
Gotcha...well that explains the odd tags I came across in the export. Thanks.
(2019-08-31, 06:44)Karellen Wrote: If you are trying to create additional data for your albums and artists then Single File is not the way to do it. Use the nfo file.
Good. That's what I've been doing - sticking with the allowed tags according to the Wiki. I just got thrown a bit when I saw those strange tags in that export, and wondered what they were. I will export to separate files from now on.

Thanks again.
@Karellen thanks for sorting out the issue, and apologies to one and all for at least contributing to the creation of this potential confusion. Yes the two ways that xml format can be produced - single file with many entries, and NFO file for one item only - do differ slightly.

But I will add that using single file format and importing that file is a perfectly acceptable way of providing additional data for artists and albums in bulk. It is not the way users are familiar with because for quite a while it didn't work fully, but it does now. It also could be easiler for users to work with nfo thinking about one artist and one album at a time and then using the scraping process to pick up the data, but it is not compulsory. They can use a single file, with entries for multiple artists and albums, and import it instead.
Interesting. Thanks, @DaveBlake! 

Apparently, I was doing everything correctly. It was just those odd tags in the single file export that gave me pause since they didn't match what I'd been reading up on in the Wiki, and that is why I posted. 

My reason for going with single originally was economy. I didn't want to deal with a slew of separate files. Figured the single export would be a collection of NFOs under one roof, so to speak, but according to @Karellen, that is not the case.

I will probably try experimenting with both single and separate, making sure any tags I use are always from the table in the Wiki, which so far has been the case.

Thanks again for the clarification. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Artist NFO Tags - Wiki Different from Export0