[Feature request] Add autoclose and oklabel parameters to xbmcgui.Dialog().ok
Long story short: Can you please add the autoclose parameter to the xbmcgui.Dialog().ok dialog, in a similar fashion to xbmcgui.Dialog().yesno()

Long story: In Advanced Emulator Launcher some operations take a long time to complete, for example scraping a launcher with many items may take hours to complete. In order to realise unattended scraping (users left the scraper running overnight), if an error happens (network down, etc.) AEL displays the error with a yesno() dialog which autocloses in one minute and then the scraping continues. However, the proper way to display the error must be an OK dialog, just with one button.

Is there any chance this can be done for Leia 18.5?

Also, by the way, can a parameter oklabel also added to the xbmcgui.Dialog().ok dialog? It will be very nice to be able to change the label of the OK dialog.

Thanks a lot.
(2019-09-04, 15:46)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Long story short: Can you please add the autoclose parameter to the xbmcgui.Dialog().ok dialog, in a similar fashion to xbmcgui.Dialog().yesno()

Long story: In Advanced Emulator Launcher some operations take a long time to complete, for example scraping a launcher with many items may take hours to complete. In order to realise unattended scraping (users left the scraper running overnight), if an error happens (network down, etc.) AEL displays the error with a yesno() dialog which autocloses in one minute and then the scraping continues. However, the proper way to display the error must be an OK dialog, just with one button.

Is there any chance this can be done for Leia 18.5?

Also, by the way, can a parameter oklabel also added to the xbmcgui.Dialog().ok dialog? It will be very nice to be able to change the label of the OK dialog.

Thanks a lot.

Relatively easy add, you should post the suggestion on GitHub inorder to increase views.

BTW you could pythonically cook up the same action using a thread timer, or event alarm.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2019-09-04, 17:25)Lunatixz Wrote: Relatively easy add, you should post the suggestion on GitHub inorder to increase views.

BTW you could pythonically cook up the same action using a thread timer, or event alarm.

Thanks Lunatixz. The threar timer or event alarm, are Kodi API stuff or Python things? Can you please point me to relevant examples?

It will be very nice if I can implement a nice solution now. However, I think the proper solution is to improve xbmcgui.Dialog().ok(), at least the Python code in the addon it's lean and mean.
@Lunatixz I tried to create a new Issue in Github as you suggested. However, standard users can only create Problem Reports. Roadmap items (AKA feature requests) can only be created by Kodi Team Members. Can you please help me?
(2019-09-10, 14:54)Wintermute0110 Wrote: @Lunatixz I tried to create a new Issue in Github as you suggested. However, standard users can only create Problem Reports. Roadmap items (AKA feature requests) can only be created by Kodi Team Members. Can you please help me?

You can post under problem and suggest your request. Be clear as to the benefit or need for the change. THX
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Moved to "Feature requests"

@Lunatixz 
Just FYI Feature requests are only handled at the forums. Those requests get closed on Github. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature request] Add autoclose and oklabel parameters to xbmcgui.Dialog().ok0