Req Album list with sections for each artist - could a skin do this
Since I migrated from WMC to Kodi some years ago I always miss a simple thing from WMC that I think might not be too hard to implement in Kodi. Unfortunately I dont really know where to start. Some might recognize the album artist view from WMC in my request.

I usually browse my mp3 collection via album list. I find it convenient to select an album and visually pleasing as I made sure each album have an cover image. The problem is that it look a bit messy as artists have no separator.

Since album are sorted in correct artist order I assumed it might be possible to simply add a separator when artist change so it might look like that, without editing the code and recompiling do you have an idea how to implement that ?
I'm sure a display like this has been requested before (I'll add the link if I find it). I really don't know if such a thing could be done with a skin, but maybe. I'm going to change the thread title to see if we can attract the attention of some skinners (with music interests)
(2019-09-06, 09:13)DaveBlake Wrote: I'm sure a display like this has been requested before (I'll add the link if I find it). I really don't know if such a thing could be done with a skin, but maybe. I'm going to change the thread title to see if we can attract the attention of some skinners (with music interests)

Thank you so much DaveBlake for you help. Every time I search about this thread topic I get nothing but stuff about album artist and folder with only one item in the library or so. I'm happy to learn that I'm not the only one wanting that sort order presentation.
I don’t know if you mean something like this (watch starting from 6:47) It’s from Aeon Tajo skin.

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Having a list of artists, and showing the album covers for the focused artist is do-able, but having an integrated list of all artists and their album covers, I don't know how to do that.

scott s.
Not so much a fully integrated list of artists and albums @scott967, but is it possible to arrange/space out an icon wall with into sections each with a section label?

All the skins I can think of have labels/images in a fixed place, and a scrolling area of images or labels, but could you make a scrolling area of mixed label and image components?
Not exactly the same but something close is available in the Estuary Mod by Guilouz

(2019-09-10, 14:09)jjd-uk Wrote: Not exactly the same but something close is available in the Estuary Mod by Guilouz

That's quite interesting, @jjd-uk! In fact it might even be more useful than what I was originally searching for. As sometimes it is a bit tedious to scroll past huge collection of album, or those band from England that tend to release a single for everything Laugh. I used estuary mod before but didnt noticed that. I will reinstall it tonight and take a look at it, is it simply a view specific to that mod ?

@scott967 I think that's what jjd-uk suggest with the mod, that's what his screenshot suggest anyway.

@DaveBlake I was in the impression that a simple condition of the kind "if current album artist is different than last album displayed album artist then add placeholder of current album artist" would be quite doable in any presentation loop xml but I dont really know about the taking and ending of skin editing. Of course having the ability to jump to artist would be a great plus, it would make it not only visually helpful.
See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2594189
(2019-09-10, 15:55)elbrunzy Wrote: I was in the impression that a simple condition of the kind "if current album artist is different than last album displayed album artist then add placeholder of current album artist" would be quite doable in any presentation loop xml but I dont really know about the taking and ending of skin editing.
It does sound obvious and easy enough I agree (not knowing very much about the skinning engine either), but my colleagues have kindly put me straight on that! It would need a new type of container control creating within the control factory (part of core Kodi). Perhaps something for GSOC project, although the control factory has not been worked on for many years and so it would be hard to find a mentor.

Anyway it sounds like you may have been pointed to a skin with features you like, I hope that works well for you.
Rainbow 
Oh yes! I played with it yesterday, it's awesome I like it a lot. Also the mod give access to many tweaks and extra contents. Thank you all for your efforts.
(2019-09-11, 15:58)elbrunzy Wrote: Oh yes! I played with it yesterday, it's awesome I like it a lot. Also the mod give access to many tweaks and extra contents. Thank you all for your efforts.

You may also wish to explore other skins as I think there are some others that use similar views for music such as the Aeon Tajo skin as pointed out by manfeed.
(2019-09-11, 16:16)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2019-09-11, 15:58)elbrunzy Wrote: Oh yes! I played with it yesterday, it's awesome I like it a lot. Also the mod give access to many tweaks and extra contents. Thank you all for your efforts.

You may also wish to explore other skins as I think there are some others that use similar views for music such as the Aeon Tajo skin as pointed out by manfeed. 
You are right, I feel a bit sorry about manfeed as I just realized this morning he posted a youtube video. Guess I also ignored Aeon Tajo before because it was not reviewed in the skin compatibility list.
(2019-09-11, 16:16)jjd-uk Wrote:

I have a feeling that Braz' new skin does it but i may have dreamt that

https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=271
Which new skin? The one you're pointing to is 2 years old...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Album list with sections for each artist - could a skin do this0