Linux Youtube.com/tv going away. Alternative for a full-featured linux big-picture youtube?
I was greeted by this message yesterday when I launched youtube.com/tv with browser launcher, as I do most every day.
Quote:This version of YouTube will be going away soon. You’ll still be able to view youtube.com, but you can get an optimized experience on a supported device. Check your device app store to see if the YouTube app is available for install, or see a list of supported devices at yt.be/help/devices.
I'm hoping there's an alternative to a fully-featured youtube in my living room without having to buy another device.
I've seen a couple linux apps out there, but they look like custom interfaces with less-than-remote-friendly designs.
I know kodi has an add-on for youtube, but I'd like to continue with the full youtube interface experience.
(2019-09-13, 17:12)metheos Wrote: I was greeted by this message yesterday when I launched youtube.com/tv with browser launcher, as I do most every day.
Quote:This version of YouTube will be going away soon. You’ll still be able to view youtube.com, but you can get an optimized experience on a supported device. Check your device app store to see if the YouTube app is available for install, or see a list of supported devices at yt.be/help/devices.
I'm hoping there's an alternative to a fully-featured youtube in my living room without having to buy another device.
I've seen a couple linux apps out there, but they look like custom interfaces with less-than-remote-friendly designs.
I know kodi has an add-on for youtube, but I'd like to continue with the full youtube interface experience. 

I run into the same issue changing the user agent string on my browser to one of  a smart tv fixed the issue and no longer have to worry about not being able to use youtube.com/tv
(2019-09-18, 21:01)nostalgiax Wrote:
(2019-09-13, 17:12)metheos Wrote: I was greeted by this message yesterday when I launched youtube.com/tv with browser launcher, as I do most every day.

I run into the same issue changing the user agent string on my browser to one of  a smart tv fixed the issue and no longer have to worry about not being able to use youtube.com/tv 
Can you please explain this in detail?
(2019-10-04, 07:15)hypemike Wrote:
(2019-09-18, 21:01)nostalgiax Wrote: I run into the same issue changing the user agent string on my browser to one of  a smart tv fixed the issue and no longer have to worry about not being able to use youtube.com/tv  
Can you please explain this in detail?  
Thanks a lot for this input...

i installed the user-agent-swither plugin for chrome, and there is added a new manual agent with a setup from here:
https://deviceatlas.com/blog/list-smart-...nt-strings
activated it, and youtube.com/tv worked again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube.com/tv going away. Alternative for a full-featured linux big-picture youtube?0