• 14(current)
Android 2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z
(2020-08-06, 12:31)Cangeoboy Wrote: Been using Kodi on windows machines since when it was version Frodo, but completely new to android and just got a cube today.   Was wondering version of Fritsch's build of Kodi I should be using?  Want to maintain the functionality of the cube, but still be able to use the features of Kodi.    Also what's the easiest way to manually install an apk on the cube.   Been briefly using ES File explorer, but only the premium version let's you install an apk?

Thanks in advance.
ES Explorer will let you install a apk as far as I know? I think you cannot unzip files though. I will test it out.
I have a question, I want to order a fire cube 2nd gen for my Kodi. It says 11.6 usable free space when I Googled it. I just checked my Kodi install (portable mode) and it's 10.9 gigs. I'm assuming Kodi set up with everything the same as on my Windows will take roughly the same amount of space. And I don't know if a Fire Cube would have enough. I'm also assuming when running Kodi generates temp files? Seems like I'd be cutting it too close.
Set up a new cube as currently half price, and frees up an Odroid N2+.

Pretty swift setup, placed the Kodi apps and other apps on usb and then installed via a file manager app . Couldnt be bothered with downloader this time. Added Wolf Launcher, and then installed a FTP server via apps2fire and sent a backup .kodi folder to mirror the N2's setup so i did not need to set everything up

Running on the cube versus the N2 (android not coreelec) had these benefits
  1. resolution switching works unlike the N2
  2. Framerate switching works
  3. Dolby Digital+ works (unlike the N2 has not worked since 64 bit os)
However as expected could not get DTS HD to play nor True HD

Then found this thread and installed latest build, Still not able to get Dts HD Ma to play as core or True HD to play as DD using Embycon addon. Was about to test LPCM output but server down temporarily.

If i can get that to work ill retire my other N2 and buy another one as once you get rid of the Amazon launcher it's actually a very nice experience
(2020-11-04, 20:19)thering1975 Wrote: Set up a new cube as currently half price, and frees up an Odroid N2+.

Pretty swift setup, placed the Kodi apps and other apps on usb and then installed via a file manager app . Couldnt be bothered with downloader this time. Added Wolf Launcher, and then installed a FTP server via apps2fire and sent a backup .kodi folder to mirror the N2's setup so i did not need to set everything up

Then found this thread and installed latest build, Still not able to get Dts HD Ma to play as core or True HD to play as DD using Embycon addon. Was about to test LPCM output but server down temporarily.

If i can get that to work ill retire my other N2 and buy another one as once you get rid of the Amazon launcher it's actually a very nice experience
What launcher are you using as a mater of interest ?
(2020-11-04, 20:48)ontap Wrote:
(2020-11-04, 20:19)thering1975 Wrote: Set up a new cube as currently half price, and frees up an Odroid N2+.

What launcher are you using as a mater of interest ?
Wolf Launcher, nice and clean easy to setup add in launch at boot app and when it wakes from sleep or cold boots instantly opens the launcher. just get used to not pressing home to get to home screen and use back button, took all of 5 mins of muscle memory to remember that lol, but it makes such a difference not scrolling through Amazons add list
I would edit my first post but cannot see the edit button lol.

I switched from latest build to the recommended 1st October build, and DTS and DTS HD - Core is now playing fine. How do people have there settings for TrueHD to play as LPCM as any TrueHD is sent as stereo by the sound of it or is that the Only No No on audio format

Thank you for the builds as well!
Whenever I play/pause a dd/dts video, there is a silence for 3-4s before audio kicks back in. Is that normal?

If i disable passthrough, then the lag is gone. Or if I’m playing AAC, then there’s no lag either. If I switch from Kodi audio out to raw in the settings, the lag does away as well, but dts doesn’t doesn’t resume from a pause.
Not normal.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-11-08, 19:25)fritsch Wrote: Not normal.

Alright, I’ll try to send a log.

Is there a way to output everything as 5.1 or 7.1 pcm?
Everything. Yes, from kodi pov for sure: Go to Audio settings, set them to Fixed, choose 5.1 and e.g. 48 khz. With the "fixed" setting everything will be put out as 5.1 pcm from kodi, channels not existing  are filled with zeroes. E.g. if you play a stereo 2.0 stream with "Fixed", kodi will output FL+FR and LFE, SL, SR are getting zero samples. Obviously under the box we still rely on AudioTrack / Android firmware doing the right thing.

If your question was not really "always" bust mostly, plain disable Passthrough and kodi itself will only output PCM audio.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-11-08, 22:57)fritsch Wrote: Everything. Yes, from kodi pov for sure: Go to Audio settings, set them to Fixed, choose 5.1 and e.g. 48 khz. With the "fixed" setting everything will be put out as 5.1 pcm from kodi, channels not existing  are filled with zeroes. E.g. if you play a stereo 2.0 stream with "Fixed", kodi will output FL+FR and LFE, SL, SR are getting zero samples. Obviously under the box we still rely on AudioTrack / Android firmware doing the right thing.

If your question was not really "always" bust mostly, plain disable Passthrough and kodi itself will only output PCM audio.

Setting to fixed works great!

When I just disable passthrough, the fire cube decides to output dd+ 2.0. But if I put fixed and 7.1, then it outputs lpcm 7.1 (I understand that many of those are muted channels if the track doesn’t contain them)

Thanks for the help. It might be the best solution for me as it outputs multichannel and there is no lag or delay. My amp isn’t high end either, so letting the cube decode is more than fine.
Could you post me a kodi log with that fixed settings? On FireTV the firmware now also enjoys to "transcode" 7.1 lpcm _behind_ kodi into DD+. So take care for FW updates.
(2020-11-09, 20:08)fritsch Wrote: Could you post me a kodi log with that fixed settings? On FireTV the firmware now also enjoys to "transcode" 7.1 lpcm _behind_ kodi into DD+. So take care for FW updates.

I’m running the newest cube firmware (7.2.4.4 I believe) and I’ve since blocked updates, so hopefully I can stay on this for a while. According to my AVR it’s receiving pcm.

Do you need a debug log or a normal one. I’ll try to do it tonight.
Should not matter, but Debug Log has more information.
(2020-11-09, 23:45)fritsch Wrote: Should not matter, but Debug Log has more information.

Here you go: https://pastebin.com/rNxUFca5
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2019 - Amazon Fire TV Cube - AMLogic S922Z0