Solved Album Cover Scraper Automatically
I waited a long time before asking for your help because I tried to read everything the forum wrote about it, I tried all the possible combinations, but nothing I am lost.
my problem is: kodi can no longer automatically load album covers. If I go to the info on the album the "remote" covers are available and I can select them. but it is not automatically loaded. I don't know what I did but once it worked. I reinstalled kodi from scratch and either deleted the library but it does not work.
I also attach a debug log.
thank you all

Debug log
I feel like I should be able to see the problem in the log, but I'm not, so more information.

Your music files do not have any embedded art, and there are no images files (folder.jpg or cover.jpg) alongside the music files? You get your album art, or have done before, via the Universal album scraper with the first result found being automatically allocated to the abum.

The scraped results are there, you can select art from them from the album info dialog and it gets displayed - so that rules out both scraper failure, access to the remote art and its local caching etc.

I can only think somehow Kodi thinks it already has art picked from local files or embedded in metadata.  Do you still have albums that don't have art, or have you manually been through all of them? If still some missing then can you make a copy of your MyMusic72.db availlable (post a link which we can obscure) that might reveal something.
Hi, thanks for the help, I try to provide all the possible info:
- music files do not contain embedded art. I checked with a reader tag
- I did a test with 3 albums that you find in the mymusic file (see new log new Debug Log and mymusic file https://filebin.ca/4wh4hkA6JPtH)
- 2 albums that didn't have the cover automatically. for both the album info dialog offers the remote cover
- 1 album that has the file cover.jpg in the folder. kodi inserts the cover automatically
- I also have a device with CoreElec and it shows exactly the same behavior
OK, I have reproduced the issue and I'm digging into it. There is an issue with parsing the scraper URL results, not sure if that is because of a scraper change or core code.
(2019-09-29, 18:12)DaveBlake Wrote: OK, I have reproduced the issue and I'm digging into it. There is an issue with parsing the scraper URL results, not sure if that is because of a scraper change or core code.

I stay tuned, thank you. Let's ask me more info if you need.
(2019-09-29, 18:12)DaveBlake Wrote: OK, I have reproduced the issue and I'm digging into it. There is an issue with parsing the scraper URL results, not sure if that is because of a scraper change or core code.

It was a rushes backport that broke it. I fixed it on a personal build by reversing this commit

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/33ae...0b3eed0f19
(Or cheery pick my revert )

https://github.com/Albinoman887/xbmc/com...68f49d4403

I was gonna open a issue on GitHub but life got in the way (and I'm not sure if this is the "correct" way to do it but it works ). If you figure it out tag me when you start ticket
Actually this issue has been fixed by an adjustment to the common scripts that are used by the Universal Album Scraper - no need for reverting PRs, Github issues or special builds of Kodi. I was waiting until the scraper updates had propagated globally before posting about it.

So update your addons and rescrape the albums (choosing "Query for Alll" from the context menu will do it).

Ensure that you have correct new versions of the following installed
metadata.common.allmusic.com v3.2.1
metadata.common.fanart.tv v3.6.2
metadata.common.theaudiodb.com v2.0.3

Thanks to my colleague @olympia for fixing the album scraping

EDIT
Currently experiencing slow responses and timeouts when fetching the actual images, possibly down to server weekend loads.  Please be patient if the art does not appear immediately after scraping, it does not mean that scraping has failed just that the image has not been retrieved from the site yet.  Kodi will retry in the background to fetch these and meanwhile you should notice (if using Estuary) that a different icon is displayed in place of the default album cover icon.
(2019-10-05, 16:11)DaveBlake Wrote: Actually this issue has been fixed by an adjustment to the common scripts that are used by the Universal Album Scraper - no need for reverting PRs, Github issues or special builds of Kodi. I was waiting until the scraper updates had propagated globally before posting about it.

So update your addons and rescrape the albums (choosing "Query for Alll" from the context menu will do it).

EDIT
Currently experiencing slow responses and timeouts when fetching the actual images, possibly down to server weekend loads.  Please be patient if the art does not appear immediately after scraping, it does not mean that scraping has failed just that the image has not been retrieved from the site yet.  Kodi will retry in the background to fetch these and meanwhile you should notice (if using Estuary) that a different icon is displayed in place of the default album cover icon.

Sweet! Yeah i figured it was some type of mismatch but at the time (sep10) I don't think those were pushed to the Leia repo
(2019-10-05, 16:11)DaveBlake Wrote: Actually this issue has been fixed by an adjustment to the common scripts that are used by the Universal Album Scraper - no need for reverting PRs, Github issues or special builds of Kodi. I was waiting until the scraper updates had propagated globally before posting about it.

EDIT

Currently all is perfect!
Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Album Cover Scraper Automatically0