Solved Kodi stopped playing MP3 files
Kodi has stopped playing MP3 files. My music is on Qnap hard drive and this week Kodi will no longer play the files. When select a file to play it boots it back to menu of the Amazon Fire TV and the Nvidia-shield. It will play MKV movie files, but not the MP3 music files. It was working fine for years, but all sudden it stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled Kodi and worked for a while, but then it stopped working again. Has anyone experienced this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated fixing this issue.
(2019-10-04, 11:50)Blitz118 Wrote: I uninstalled and reinstalled Kodi and worked for a while, but then it stopped working again.

That's pretty weird.
Provide Kodi's debug log (wiki) (via https://paste.kodi.tv/ preferably),and perhaps something turns up.
(2019-10-04, 12:03)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-10-04, 11:50)Blitz118 Wrote: I uninstalled and reinstalled Kodi and worked for a while, but then it stopped working again.

That's pretty weird.
Provide Kodi's debug log (wiki) (via https://paste.kodi.tv/ preferably),and perhaps something turns up. 

How do I post the log file?
(2019-10-04, 14:50)Blitz118 Wrote: How do I post the log file?

Details are in the debug log link I gave you, but you can post the log via https://paste.kodi.tv .
I installed log viewer for Kodi, but it's not showing any logs when I run it. Another thing is it does not show any type of error when I select the MP3 to play. It just closes the program and returns to the menu of the Amazon Fire TV and the Nvidia Shield.
(2019-10-04, 16:03)Blitz118 Wrote: I installed log viewer for Kodi, but it's not showing any logs when I run it. Another thing is it does not show any type of error when I select the MP3 to play. It just closes the program and returns to the menu of the Amazon Fire TV and the Nvidia Shield.

Sounds a little bizarre !!!  debug log (wiki) will probably show what's going on, but if you're having difficulties actually getting one then that might prove to be problematic. 

If I read your post right, when you try to play an MP3 file, Kodi just quits back to your OS but any other music files play fine.  Is that correct ?  If so, are the files that play correctly in the same location/share as the MP3's ?  Also, if you go via the file browser in Kodi (System -> File Manager) can you browse and play an MP3 that way.  It's gonna be tough to diagnose without a debug log though.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2019-10-04, 19:07)black_eagle Wrote:
(2019-10-04, 16:03)Blitz118 Wrote: I installed log viewer for Kodi, but it's not showing any logs when I run it. Another thing is it does not show any type of error when I select the MP3 to play. It just closes the program and returns to the menu of the Amazon Fire TV and the Nvidia Shield.

Sounds a little bizarre !!!  debug log (wiki) will probably show what's going on, but if you're having difficulties actually getting one then that might prove to be problematic. 

If I read your post right, when you try to play an MP3 file, Kodi just quits back to your OS but any other music files play fine.  Is that correct ?  If so, are the files that play correctly in the same location/share as the MP3's ?  Also, if you go via the file browser in Kodi (System -> File Manager) can you browse and play an MP3 that way.  It's gonna be tough to diagnose without a debug log though. 

It won't play any MP3 files. It just boots to the home screen and the logs show nothing. Is there away I can add Kodi 17.5 to the Amazon Fire TV and Nvidia Shield?
I have noticed the same issue with my Intel NUC with embedded Radeon RX 540 graphics. Kodi became unable to reproduce any low quality compressed sound such as DD and MP3. Both in video files and just audio.

This happened after Windows 10 on its own has downloaded and installed Adrenalin Lite software for Radeon. Uninstalling this utility has helped to restore the KODI functionality.

It is not you case but may be you or KODI itself has updated some plug-ins/addons/themes...
(2019-10-06, 01:27)Blitz118 Wrote: It won't play any MP3 files.

No Kodi log file, no problems to solve.
We do not have a crystal ball in front of us.

(2019-10-04, 16:03)Blitz118 Wrote: I installed log viewer for Kodi, but it's not showing any logs when I run it.
I'm sure there is also a Kodi Log Uploader add-on somewhere.
Please see the below video of the issue.

I'm not denying that you have an issue.

BUT, nobody can diagnose what the issue might be without a debug log (wiki).  In fact, nobody will even try without that log as all they will be doing is guessing.

So, if you want help fixing it then you have to help us by getting a proper debug log (wiki) otherwise nobody can help you.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Yes, Kodi stops. Now where is the log file?
Are those mp3 audio files, or are these videos with mp3 audio as you are in the Video section of Kodi and not the Music section?
I tried again and was able to get a log file. Please see the below.
https://paste.kodi.tv/iyexecideq
(2019-10-06, 13:16)jjd-uk Wrote: Are those mp3 audio files, or are these videos with mp3 audio as you are in the Video section of Kodi and not the Music section?

If I try to play them from the video section or music, it does the same thing and boots to the program I'm in to the menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi stopped playing MP3 files0