• 2(current)
v19 [teaser] Aeon MQ 9
i Marco.. great newssss!!!
i m using aen Mq since.,.......uf long time ago.

I really think aeonMq 8 it´s near to perfection, so if i have the change to make a chance will be this-..

I use in my collection "wall view" to show my music collection, and the right list view to show songs track of albums.
this is a image of my test pc

As we can see, all infomation it´s shown.

The "problem" i see in this way to shows information it´s ,when artist name and/or song name are too long, skin start to scrolling line selected (song selected) to allow us read all information.

So what i want to propose is...  dont ýou think it´s much better move artist name beside year and duration, to prevent this effect..?

this is 3d view of wanilton aeon MQ7 Leia mod

in this case, replacing ALBUM NAME beside time for ARTIST NAME name it would be perfect (ALBUM NAME IT´S PRESENT IN ALBUM COVER) . Note it´s the same song showed in other image..

ok, that´s all folks...

By the way.. can yo keep left main menu bar like Mq8 and add  the choice to select a center bar like the first image of this post?
would be amazing if you could please make a scope screen mode? like a CIH mode please Smile
(2019-10-13, 21:56)manfeed Wrote:
(2019-10-13, 21:38)chrissix Wrote: [...] so that the underpowered Mickey Mouse Kodi machine still able to work with the skin.

Rofl I couldn't agree more... I respect all opinions, but I just can't understand users that say they have 3000 movies and still try to make do with a machine that costs less than just one of those movies... Confused

A silly thing to assume that people who prefer minimalism also run cheapskate hardware. I have an all-in-one entertainment/gaming solution with a 2080 Ti and 9900K hooked up to the OLED TV and still couldn’t care less about all the bling. Despite that setup being 100x more powerful than any media player in existence.

Don’t get me wrong, I love uncompressed 4K fanart and posters but most of the animated stuff is low quality and therefore useless on modern equipment.

Let’s talk again when all these fancy features get with the times.
Lots of changes to the Music Section is what I'm looking forward to. Specifically...

1. Default Music view (fresh install of Aeon MQ8 Skin) goes to a list of Music in Alphabetical order. Imagine, if you went into your TV section, and saw all the TV shows (individual episodes, all mixed up), listed in Alphabetical order. Please consider changing this to Artist view as the default. So you would see all the Artists in Alphabetical order, then under each Artist, all their albums.

2. When looking under the Music Section in Artist view, None of the Albums have a cover art associated with them. It's not until you actually go into the Album, do you see the cover (with a listing of all the songs of that Album). This should work more like TV Shows, where you see the Poster artwork for the TV show, before you actually go into the season and see all the episodes.

Hopefully these are easy ones to fix in MQ9. 8)
Hi,

Do you think that could be possible for the skin to use less cpu ? i use MQ8 for now that i love, but to much cpu is use
(2019-10-13, 14:24)black_eagle Wrote: PVR....  Much as I love Marcos' skins, the PVR section never gets any love.  This stops me from using any of the Aeon MQ series as PVR is a big use-case in my family and unfortunately, other skins, whilst not providing the same music or video library experience that MQ gives, have much better PVR sections. So for me, pvr is something Marcos should look at.  I know it's probably not high on many peoples' lists, I know many people don't even use it, but for a skin as high profile and classy as the MQ series I think Marcos could do an excellent job if he put his mind to it.

I'll remain hopeful for now !!

I agree, over need to be looked at and simplified with these skins that's one of the reasons that I dont use these skins anymore
I would love to see implemented a fully support for Sports content based on thesportsdb (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=249267)
(2019-10-13, 21:56)manfeed Wrote:
(2019-10-13, 21:38)chrissix Wrote: [...] so that the underpowered Mickey Mouse Kodi machine still able to work with the skin.

Rofl I couldn't agree more... I respect all opinions, but I just can't understand users that say they have 3000 movies and still try to make do with a machine that costs less than just one of those movies... Confused    
I love the RPI3

- its low cost
- low energy consumption
- no ventilator ( no noise )
- no extra hardware needed for ambilight ( Hyperion )
- My NAS is also a RPI, and runs also the databases from Kodi
- runs on Linux, so i running some scripts for making life much easier. 
- very easy to backup and restore.
- etc...........

So, i am very very glad MQ8 is lightweight and it runs very smooth on the RPI3.
System: Rpi4 - LibreELEC 10.0.3 - Kodi 19.3 - Aeon MQ8 - [TV]Samsung LED55 - Sony STR-DH700     NAS=Rpi3-OpenMediaVault
Wishlist is the same like many others 

No automatic artwork download I like to use Artwork Beef 
Embuary Helper, Embuary Info Script 
Support of characterart that can be downloaded with Artwork Beef 
Support of the Actress PNG's resource addon
+ 1 for more love to the PVR section

What I miss most is an optimized list view for all tv channels, that shows whats playing now and next. One of the MODs even has a widget for this. Apart from that Aeon MQ is still the most beautiful skin and my daily driver
+1 for PVR. Skipping those areas makes the skin unfinished.
About PVR, please check Ace2, Marcos work a lot in PVR area, so MQ9 will receive the same features and something more.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2019-11-01, 02:25)Wanilton Wrote: About PVR, please check Ace2, Marcos work a lot in PVR area, so MQ9 will receive the same features and something more.

I checked it out. It's an improvement for sure. I use mythtv as the backend... I am wondering if it is possible to group tv recordings by season/episode? The metadata is there on the backend. It would really enhance it versus looking at the recordings in a flat list.
I'd like to see some minor changes:

I would love to see the option to change text case. Pretty much everything in MQ8 is all CAPS, I would like to see mixed case options (Movies vs MOVIES). 

Some more comprehensive (and customizable) disabling for kiosk mode. For example, the flexible widgets menu is still accessible in kiosk mode in MQ8.  

And finally, I would also just like to see feature retention. It can be disappointing to upgrade and find out my preferred view method is not included.
(2019-10-13, 21:38)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-10-13, 13:03)SteveSmith Wrote: Personally I think you need to recruit Latts9923
Oh man, a really strong thought if @MarcosQui and @latts9923 would raise something together. That would be incredible. That would be like combining the best qualities from both worlds on Android and Apple Iphone.
And if you would get also @manfeed (Aeon Tajo) into the boat would be like a Jailbraik. He's the best "skin hacker" I know and has outwitted more than once the limited skin engine for special feature stuff.

But the thing is, there will always be two split camps here:

The one vanilla minimalist purists guys who thinks a selection of functions and features is unnecessary blown stuff, artwork is childish cramped or are more orientated on speed and lightweight so that their underpowered Mickey Mouse Kodi machine still able to work with the skin.
and
The feature and functions orientated guys who want to customize each view maximum and full access to all Metadata and Artwork stuff Kodi can handle. 

Some people would call Animated Posters or Sideshows of Character Posters or Character Arts childish cramped stuff. I understand their pov but for me it's eyecandy bling bling Media Center of the future stuff.
My kiddies can not read yet and choose their Walt Disney and Pixar stuff on bling bling features like this... maybe cause my childs are simple childs and maybe the reason i also like such childish stuff too...

Can I ask which skin is that in the videos?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[teaser] Aeon MQ 91