• 13(current)
WIP S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022)
(2021-02-09, 20:10)Aaiemron Wrote:
(2019-10-10, 16:20)mardukL Wrote:

HOME WIDGETS

NOTE: at the current state you're not able to change the widget position afterwards ( e.g. move widget pos 1 to pos 5 )

PS:
Sorry for Typos & wrong Spelling
Very nice skin with a lot of great options.
Any idea when you will make it possible to change the widget position?

Sorry, no idea atm.
Its indeed a wished and needed Option but unsure when i start to try figuring out if that is even possible without using addon.
But its on to do list.
(2021-02-09, 19:00)fantasticn Wrote: @mardukL

thanks for your reply.

As to No.1:
When I have the entry linked to any kind of addon or android app it seems like your call will not only start that specific addon or app but also jump into the respective folder (ActivateWindow?). At least when you close that addon or app you will find yourself not in main menu again but in the addons view.

As to No.2:
Same as no. 1: E.g. if you have favorites or super favorites as a widget with addons or apps listed and you start one of those addons/apps, after you close it again you will not return to the main menu but to the addons view.

Thanks for your explanation. But I still don't get it. Both sections (path and target) will include parameters that you will call with the "ActivateWindow"-command, correct? So do we need these different sections anyway? Btw.: How does "ActivateWindow" work for a widget? And can you actually have a "target window" as a widget? I would assume you would always need a path with the items in such path shown as the widget. Also I had tried some of the Windows-IDs listed in the Kodi wiki ( https://kodi.wiki/view/Window_IDs ) as a "Target". But they all did not work.

as to No. 3 and 4:
Just take your time. I was just adding items to your list ;-)

And here we go with some more:
You have weather listed as a possible entry for the main menu. But it does not work. Also you cannot include it as a widget. I assume it is also not done yet.

Btw.: I am not tyring to put any pressure on you. So please excuse if I sound like that. It's just that now that I have installed SWAN on all my machines I somehow cannot wait for all the features to work ;-)

Again, thanks for your hard work and your support!

Here you'll see how ..

the main menu items are used.

if custom executebuiltin is set use it
if custom target is set but path empty do activatewindow(target,return)
if custom target and path is set do activatewindow(target,path,return)

NOTE:
- a custom target can be used without custom path
- a custom path will not be used without a custom target
-> if that is wished you'll be forced to set a custom executebuiltin

- video/audio plugins should be avail in corresponding shortcut section (if addon creators "flagged" it for that ) and will usage of custom advanced obsolete
e.g.
xml:

<extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="plugin.py">
<provides>video</provides>
</extension>

main menu item template
xml:

<include name="mainmenu_item">
<item id="900$PARAM[id]">
<!-- set skin search term -->
<onclick condition="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(mainmenuitem$PARAM[nr]_path),1120)">Skin.SetString(SearchTerm)</onclick>

<!-- https://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_functions - e.g. EjectTray() , RipCD , VideoLibrary.Search ... etc -->
<onclick condition="!String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(mainmenuitem$PARAM[nr]_executebuiltin))">$INFO[Skin.String(mainmenuitem$PARAM[nr]_executebuiltin)]</onclick>

<!-- window targeting - if path empty - https://kodi.wiki/view/Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs -->
<onclick condition="String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(mainmenuitem$PARAM[nr]_executebuiltin)) + String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(mainmenuitem$PARAM[nr]_path))">ActivateWindow($INFO[Skin.String(mainmenuitem$PARAM[nr]_target)],return)</onclick>

<!-- window &amp; path targeting - https://kodi.wiki/view/Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs -->
<onclick condition="String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(mainmenuitem$PARAM[nr]_executebuiltin)) + !String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(mainmenuitem$PARAM[nr]_path))">ActivateWindow($INFO[Skin.String(mainmenuitem$PARAM[nr]_target),,$COMMA]$INFO[Skin.String(mainmenuitem$PARAM[nr]_path)],return)</onclick>
</item>
</include>

widgets item template reference https://kodi.wiki/view/Dynamic_List_Content
xml:

<content target="$INFO[Skin.String(userwidget$PARAM[nr]_target)]" limit="$INFO[Skin.String(userwidget$PARAM[nr]_limit)]" sortorder="$INFO[Skin.String(userwidget$PARAM[nr]_sortorder)]" sortby="$INFO[Skin.String(userwidget$PARAM[nr]_sortby)]">$INFO[Skin.String(userwidget$PARAM[nr]_path)]</content>

And yepp, weather widget need to be static items for - didnt worked on that
weather window is not defined - didnt worked on that

By writing this, i found 2 issues which will be fixed soon.
(missed reset string at set custom target, 2 times the same action for custom executebuiltin

EDIT:
"new" Widget Layout is ready

https://streamable.com/k3imk9
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
Love this skin, great effort, i'm having a few issues with external execution of MPC-BE x64 as a movie player, starts playing then drops back to menu, i'm using maxtrix version, when I switch back to another
skin it works fine, keep up the good work.
(2021-02-12, 05:50)Picard Wrote: Love this skin, great effort, i'm having a few issues with external execution of MPC-BE x64 as a movie player, starts playing then drops back to menu, i'm using maxtrix version, when I switch back to another

Currently unsure about that behavior.
can you post a log please.
Great work
I know it’s alpha but it’s my main matrix skin
Can you add subtitles download dialog
This skin is very cool! Thank you so much for the opportunity to use this skin!) Now this is my favorite =) I removed the background from the left side and in Spotlight mode it looks just insanely cool ... The only thing I would like to be able to launch animation like in Netflix or Bingie Mode) and Bingie Episodes for TV series) And I would also like the possibility of ratings not only by stars) I only have stars, although I have turned on all ratings in the skin settings .. In general, this is an insanely cool skin and my favorite among all skins) Even better than Bingie in my opinion with visual points since everything is noticeably larger and it looks insanely beautiful) That is, logos, fan art, etc. I would only like this opportunity and it would be just perfect)
(2021-02-12, 14:43)trkselim Wrote: Great work
I know it’s alpha but it’s my main matrix skin
Can you add subtitles download dialog

It's one of the things i'll do next

(2021-02-13, 01:45)jokero009 Wrote: This skin is very cool! Thank you so much for the opportunity to use this skin!) Now this is my favorite =) I removed the background from the left side and in Spotlight mode it looks just insanely cool ... The only thing I would like to be able to launch animation like in Netflix or Bingie Mode) and Bingie Episodes for TV series) And I would also like the possibility of ratings not only by stars) I only have stars, although I have turned on all ratings in the skin settings .. In general, this is an insanely cool skin and my favorite among all skins) Even better than Bingie in my opinion with visual points since everything is noticeably larger and it looks insanely beautiful) That is, logos, fan art, etc. I would only like this opportunity and it would be just perfect)

I am not a fan of a splash launch, so idk if it ever will happen.Sorry

Thanks, for the Rating (metacritic, rotten etc) you 'll have to have this ratings scraped (e.g. universal movie scrapper is able to do so.

Currently i experiment with the autoplay trailer on Homescreen
- use big window, or use in widgetn row

Video Link
(2021-02-12, 07:26)mardukL Wrote:
(2021-02-12, 05:50)Picard Wrote: Love this skin, great effort, i'm having a few issues with external execution of MPC-BE x64 as a movie player, starts playing then drops back to menu, i'm using maxtrix version, when I switch back to another

Sorted it out, it was the WIP auto play trailer switched on.
(2021-02-13, 04:45)Picard Wrote:
(2021-02-12, 07:26)mardukL Wrote:

Ok,

i pushed a little update today, i think it should be fixed now.

If not post your issue again, as a remimnder. ;-)

Changelog:

1.04~beta
- changed / improved panel views (poster,landscape,square) - adjust layout when tags disabled
- changed / improved item focus animation list view (50)
- changed behaviour when toggle footer in media widndows[ slide animation, as compromise, as bottom 0 will require reload.skin() ]

- added ability to use executebuiltins for custom homemenu item entrys
- added ability to use custom target, path for homemenu / widget item entrys
- added option to disable tags for square panel view (54)
- added font/license - used Montserrat bold as clearlogo fallback font in title
- fixed : view circle (52) menucontrol dont slide out on menu exiting

1.05~alpha
- added artwork.dump addonseetings item in settings window (matrix only) (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360078)
- improved autoplay trailer behaviour for home menu
    -> still an 'experimental feature and will alwas be
        due to refreshing widget container if playable media start playing,stop playing
    -> by default a big preview window which opens after 5 sec
    -> optional if you dont wann use the "big preview window" you can use smaller preview window in the corresponding widget row

https://streamable.com/pmze4l

-> in generell at current state not recommended if using android touch device  -> touch input does'nt affect on system.idletime
- add new widget layout ( https://streamable.com/k3imk9 )
- code cleanup
Forgive me if that is me for not very correct requests) In any case, I will be extremely happy about any external improvements of this skin! I also wanted to find out when the auto trailer is turned on, 4 seconds when I start the movie through the torrent, it throws it out of the code, and if the trailer is not turned on, then everything works well and does not throw it away) Your video with the trailer looks very nice, but I don't know how to enable it .. for some reason, unfortunately, only stars do not work for me)
P.S Sorry, I didn't read to the end and didn't notice that you updated the skin! Thank you so much for the new update!)
This skin is getting handy indeed! Just a couple of questions:

1. Is there a way atm to have Custom Music Genre Icons on Home Widgets, along with the preferable fanart for each category?
2. When focusing on the menu sidebar there is an overlay text of the menu option (for example "Music Hub", "YouTube") that shows up in front of the fanart, along with the "No information available" in the upper left corner. Is there a way to avoid that atm?
(2021-02-13, 06:00)mardukL Wrote:
(2021-02-13, 04:45)Picard Wrote:
(2021-02-12, 07:26)mardukL Wrote: Currently unsure about that behavior.

Ok,

i pushed a little update today, i think it should be fixed now.

If not post your issue again, as a remimnder. ;-)

Changelog:

1.04~beta
- changed / improved panel views (poster,landscape,square) - adjust layout when tags disabled
- changed / improved item focus animation list view (50)
- changed behaviour when toggle footer in media widndows[ slide animation, as compromise, as bottom 0 will require reload.skin() ]

- added ability to use executebuiltins for custom homemenu item entrys
- added ability to use custom target, path for homemenu / widget item entrys
- added option to disable tags for square panel view (54)
- added font/license - used Montserrat bold as clearlogo fallback font in title
- fixed : view circle (52) menucontrol dont slide out on menu exiting

1.05~alpha
- added artwork.dump addonseetings item in settings window (matrix only) (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360078)
- improved autoplay trailer behaviour for home menu
    -> still an 'experimental feature and will alwas be
        due to refreshing widget container if playable media start playing,stop playing
    -> by default a big preview window which opens after 5 sec
    -> optional if you dont wann use the "big preview window" you can use smaller preview window in the corresponding widget row

https://streamable.com/pmze4l

-> in generell at current state not recommended if using android touch device  -> touch input does'nt affect on system.idletime
- add new widget layout ( https://streamable.com/k3imk9 )
- code cleanup

Is there any way to make widgets only mode more mouse friendly, I never use remote! Love the skin!
Good evening.
Does the skin update automaticaly when I install it from your repo?
(2021-02-14, 19:53)Anomen Wrote: 2. When focusing on the menu sidebar there is an overlay text of the menu option (for example "Music Hub", "YouTube") that shows up in front of the fanart, along with the "No information available" in the upper left corner. Is there a way to avoid that atm?

I second this. The Text "No information available" does only make sense if you focus an item of a movie or tv-show widget. However, I think it is generally dispensable. Instead you could show the name of the entry of the main menu which you focus. Currently this is shown in in the middle of the screen. But this does not look too good, especially if you also have a fanart in the background for the respective entry. So better place it wher you currently show the "No information avaible" text.
(Keep the home widgets clearlogo and info focus when open home menu )
It’s will be great if you add this option
I have also noticed a potential bug in the Music Hub. When your album is having two or more discs, you cannot play them or enter the tracklist of each disc. The feature works correctly outside of the Music Hub. Does anyone else noticed that or is it something local in my installation that I need to fix?
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022)3