• 21(current)
WIP S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022)
(2021-04-14, 13:07)murnaz Wrote: This view look extraordinary 
very different interface will take time to get used to but it is the best one and work stable

good job

Thanks, added  NextUp/Resume

Layout seems more clear, but i got need make decisions for organize a 'good' navigation (- play trailer vs focus filter onup;  focus scrollbar/alphabet bar main content vs showcast/nextup/season, may add additional icon bar as it currently will not work with touch devices)

Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
I get  some errors     DEBUG <general>: Skin Helper Simplecache --> Initialized
                 2021-04-16 18:27:16.619 T:5440    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'routing.RoutingError'>
                                                   Error Contents: No route to path "/extras"
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\ZERO TAKIMI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.embuary.info\plugin.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                       plugin.run()
                                                     File "C:\Users\ZERO TAKIMI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.routing\lib\routing.py", line 130, in run
                                                       self._dispatch(self.path)
                                                     File "C:\Users\ZERO TAKIMI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.routing\lib\routing.py", line 143, in _dispatch
                                                       raise RoutingError('No route to path "%s"' % path)
                                                   routing.RoutingError: No route to path "/extras"
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

additional icon bar is a good idea
Anyone know how to get the rounded edges on the posters (home widgets) with matrix version? Or not possible yet?

Edit found it in the kodi interface settings, rather than the skin settings.

I would love an option to be able to reboot skin if possible. I use Composite plex addon and it is handy to be able to reload the widgets manually
(2021-04-16, 17:47)murnaz Wrote:  

Hello @mardukL .

I've just seen the mistake of @murnaz , he has reminded me of a mistake at Titan Mod.
There were similar problems. 

I have changed it to "Titan Mod" in: 

Code:
<variable name="extraFanartLocation">
        <value condition="String.Contains(listitem.filenameandpath,extrafanart) + [container.content(movies) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,movie)]">$INFO[listitem.path,,extrafanart]</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(listitem.filenameandpath,extrafanart) + [container.content(tvshows) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,tvshow)]">$INFO[listitem.filenameandpath,,extrafanart]</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(listitem.filenameandpath,extrafanart) + [container.content(seasons) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,season)]">$INFO[container.listitem.path,,extrafanart]</value>
    </variable>
    <variable name="extraThumbsLocation">
        <value condition="String.Contains(listitem.filenameandpath,extrathumbs) + [container.content(movies) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,movie)]">$INFO[listitem.path,,extrathumbs]</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(listitem.filenameandpath,extrathumbs) + [container.content(tvshows) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,tvshow)]">$INFO[listitem.filenameandpath,,extrathumbs]</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(listitem.filenameandpath,extrathumbs) + [container.content(seasons) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,season)]">$INFO[container.listitem.path,,extrathumbs]</value>

The error is then gone. (Also tested with Swan-Skin)

What does not work is the trailer via "DialogVideoInfo.xml" with "script.embuary.info" and the most info is missing. 
But what works well is "plugin.video.themoviedb.helper" It's all info displayed and also work trailer.
(2021-04-16, 17:47)murnaz Wrote: I get  some errors     
log:

DEBUG <general>: Skin Helper Simplecache --> Initialized
                 2021-04-16 18:27:16.619 T:5440    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                   Error Type: <class 'routing.RoutingError'>
                   Error Contents: No route to path "/extras"
                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                     File "C:\Users\ZERO TAKIMI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.embuary.info\plugin.py", line 10, in <module>
                       plugin.run()
                     File "C:\Users\ZERO TAKIMI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.routing\lib\routing.py", line 130, in run
                       self._dispatch(self.path)
                     File "C:\Users\ZERO TAKIMI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.routing\lib\routing.py", line 143, in _dispatch
                       raise RoutingError('No route to path "%s"' % path)
                   routing.RoutingError: No route to path "/extras"
                   -->End of Python script error report<--

additional icon bar is a good idea

I will take a look, as it is not really clear, i assume you open videoinfodialog, right??
Also, whats the content you did the lookup, local video from lib, or item from an addon?

Next Time, please share a full Debug Log.
(2021-04-17, 02:16)ryadre Wrote: Anyone know how to get the rounded edges on the posters (home widgets) with matrix version? Or not possible yet?

Edit found it in the kodi interface settings, rather than the skin settings.

I would love an option to be able to reboot skin if possible. I use Composite plex addon and it is handy to be able to reload the widgets manually

Glad you found it, and thats the usual way changing a skin theme ;-)

For ReloadSkin, you can add a custom menu enrty, with custom action

-> just use / type
ReloadSkin()
 for a custom menu entry, there is also a way using custom

\userdata\keymaps.xml
e.g.
xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<keymap>
  <global>
  <keyboard>
    <F5>ReloadSkin()</F5>
    <F6>Skin.ToggleSetting(SwanDebug)</F6>
    <F7>Skin.ToggleDebug()</F7>
  </keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

(2021-04-17, 04:25)Fuchs2468 Wrote:

Hello @mardukL .

I've just seen the mistake of @murnaz , he has reminded me of a mistake at Titan Mod.
There were similar problems.

I have changed it to "Titan Mod" in:

Code:
<variable name="extraFanartLocation">
        <value condition="String.Contains(listitem.filenameandpath,extrafanart) + [container.content(movies) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,movie)]">$INFO[listitem.path,,extrafanart]</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(listitem.filenameandpath,extrafanart) + [container.content(tvshows) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,tvshow)]">$INFO[listitem.filenameandpath,,extrafanart]</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(listitem.filenameandpath,extrafanart) + [container.content(seasons) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,season)]">$INFO[container.listitem.path,,extrafanart]</value>
    </variable>
    <variable name="extraThumbsLocation">
        <value condition="String.Contains(listitem.filenameandpath,extrathumbs) + [container.content(movies) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,movie)]">$INFO[listitem.path,,extrathumbs]</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(listitem.filenameandpath,extrathumbs) + [container.content(tvshows) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,tvshow)]">$INFO[listitem.filenameandpath,,extrathumbs]</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(listitem.filenameandpath,extrathumbs) + [container.content(seasons) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,season)]">$INFO[container.listitem.path,,extrathumbs]</value>

The error is then gone. (Also tested with Swan-Skin)

What does not work is the trailer via "DialogVideoInfo.xml" with "script.embuary.info" and the most info is missing.
But what works well is "plugin.video.themoviedb.helper" It's all info displayed and also work trailer.

Thanks, i will take a look there too, but i think its realted to a script action (i perform a filecheck for extras lookup).
So, i would look for an error by the skin here, or if not related in script

videoinfodialog
xml:

<onload condition="!string.isempty(listitem.dbid) + [container.content(movies) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,movie)]">RunScript(script.embuary.helper,action=lookforfile,file='"$VAR[extrasLocation_lookup]"',prop=bonuscontentavail)</onload>

<variable name="extrasLocation_lookup">
        <value condition="String.Contains(listitem.filenameandpath,VIDEO_TS)">$INFO[listitem.path,,VIDEO_TS\extras/]</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(listitem.filenameandpath,BDMV)">$INFO[listitem.path,,BDMV\extras/]</value>
        <value>$INFO[listitem.path,,extras/]</value>
    </variable>

Hello @mardukL .
thanks for reply  "plugin.video.themoviedb.helper" is good choice now work well.
After updated embuary from Sualfred's repo once its work again give error Idont undersant
yes in videoinfodialog I want see addon like trakt and language  and subs flags on the bar.
(2021-04-17, 11:54)mardukL Wrote:

Thanks, i will take a look there too, but i think its realted to a script action (i perform a filecheck for extras lookup).
So, i would look for an error by the skin here, or if not related in script

videoinfodialog
xml:

<onload condition="!string.isempty(listitem.dbid) + [container.content(movies) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,movie)]">RunScript(script.embuary.helper,action=lookforfile,file='"$VAR[extrasLocation_lookup]"',prop=bonuscontentavail)</onload>

<value condition="String.Contains(listitem.filenameandpath,VIDEO_TS)">$INFO[listitem.path,,VIDEO_TS\extras/]</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(listitem.filenameandpath,BDMV)">$INFO[listitem.path,,BDMV\extras/]</value>
        <value>$INFO[listitem.path,,extras/]</value>
    </variable>

Yes, I forgot that.
In Titan-Mod I changed it.
Should also work with Swan-Skin. 

Code:
        <value condition="String.Contains(listitem.filenameandpath,extras)">$INFO[listitem.path,,extras]</value>
    </variable>
This what it currently looks like in Kodi 19 Matrix:

First picture shows that artists are listed on the same level as Covers (right next to them, not above). Second picture shows what is happening if you press the "up" button then and Kodi is trying to load the trailer from the internet (whole screen "hangs" and artist pictures are distorted, which takes a few seconds until the trailer starts).

Btw.: Please have the autoplay of trailers deselectable. I always hated it when it was forced in Netflix. Now you only have to accidentally press the up button and then it keeps you waiting until the trailer starts before you can stop it and continue.
Smile 
(2019-10-10, 16:20)mardukL Wrote:
will be an customizable Skin and (hopefully) ready when KODI Matrix will be in a stable Version.

It's in early progress, which means that just some basics are ready even if skin files are ready for share to public.
NOTE
SKIN IS STILL IN EARLY ALPHA AND JUST FOR TESTING
YOU'LL HAVE TO DEAL WITH SOME BUGS, UNDEFINED or WIP WINDOWS

Download Links
- You can install the skin in within KODI by install my Kodi Repo

- git hub Page LINK

Credits for some currently used Textures belongs to
- @phil65 (skin.estuary) (default[foo].pngs's, some backgroundpatterns)
- @'Marcelveldt' , @'mgonzales71' (resource.images.backgroundoverlays.basic)
- some icons taken from https://materialdesignicons.com/
- some backgroundimages taken from [unsplash.com](https://unsplash.com/) (image creators are credited in the filename)

Addon Dependencies & Supported Addons
**dependencies**
 - script embuary helper
 - image resource weather icons outline HD
 - image resource studio logos colored / white

**supported**
 -  script embuary info Script
 -  WIP script up next
 -  WIP Resource Addon For Actor Thumbs

-  script artwork beef  LEIA VERSION
 -  script cu lrc lyrics

LOCAL TRAILER (if trailer not scraped or trailerpath is set in .nfo )
 * the skin checks if a tv show trailer exists on item focus
 >  the naming convention should be 'tvshowtitle*-trailer.mp4' and should be placed in the corresponding tv show root folder

YOUTUBE LOOKUPS
 - this skins uses several windows where **you tube** lookups will be performed, if you dislike such lookups/container content you can disable those in the specific Setting Section
those are currently

-  tv show info viewtype (view id 58) **trailers**
 -  dialogvideoinfo **sountdtrack** ; **title search**
 -  search **searchterm**

* you may will also need an [own Youtube API key](https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...l-API-Keys) to get those results if wished

TEXTURE THEMES
  - you can choose between **2 themes (default & rounded )** the usual way

- rounded theme is a little bit special,
      ->
if you not use colors for the item tag bg panel the widget/item artwork get rounded corners**
          if you use item tag bg panel colors the rounded corners will be applied to the top of the widget/item artwork and to the bottom of a tag bg panel

COLORS / COLOR THEMES
  *  There are 2 ways to choose Colorthemes.
      *  The skins comes with prefefined Color Themes which can be choosen the usual way. ( choose a color theme in the interface settings )
      *  The 2nd Method will require  *script.skin.helper.colorpicker* and/or  *script.skin.helper.skinbackup*

- You can edit nearly every color used by the skin Custom Color Section  and build your own Themes using the Backup/Restore funtction

BACKGROUNDBUILING
The Backgroundbuilding is built up as follows,

Layer 1
  *  fullscreen Background ,
  *  Custom Color can be set
  *  Area is mostly not visible, nor noticable , but if you prefer transparence colors/ images on other layers it'll become important

Layer 2 / Artwork Layer
  -  can be a custom image (which is also the fallback image if fanart setting is enabled nut no artwork is found)
  * optional : show fanart artwork image - background artwork setting section*
  * optional : show rotating extra fanart - background artwork setting section*
  * optional : prefer animated fanart if available*

NOTE: music check this link - https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_artwork   and  movie check this link - https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork

*  there are 2 options HOW color (background layer2 color ) will be applied here
      ** a) try to tint the image itself, not recommended if using 'show fanart'
      ** b) use 80% transparence image which is tinted instead and will lay over Layer 2 (1st diffusor )
      - can be enabled in *skinsettings : background* section

*  optional blur artwork background is possible via script.embuary.helper  (limited to Media Windows (videos,music))
      - you can set blurring radius in embuary helper addon settings
  *  you can animate your Layer 2 background image which uses a slide animation to bring in some movement to the background
  *  color will be spplied directly on that layer

Layer 3 (optional)
  * can be a custom image ( its supposed as a 2nd diffusor )
  * color will be spplied directly on that layer

special case spotlight style media windows
 - That windows use its own colors which also be set in the custom color section

MUSIC HUB
Is a special Music Media Window , from here you can navigate trough every Library Content of your Music & Musicvideos without leaving that window ( if wished so )
 - it has a unique filter method in the top bar
 - easy navigation via menubar on the left
 - if music is playing you'll also able to have the current playlist visible by click on thebplaylist button in the top bar or navigate on right

NOTE: i didnt found a way to queuing/add items to a playlist

SEARCH FEATURE
 -  the skin comes with a own search window which is available in the icon premenu and/or menu-panel in media windows
 -  can be used as custom main menu entry
 -  each container content can be en/disabled within the skinsettings section

VIDEO INFO DIALOG
 consists of 3 Pages
     -  click up to show additional info
     -  click down to navigate trough some content containers
    -  by click on a cast member you can decide if you wanna do a local search or tmdb search ( requires embuary info addon )
    -  by focus a cast member you'll get a list with movies and tv shows from your library
    -  the skin looks if a soundtrack exists in your music library for the movie/show and if wished do a youtube lookup for a soundtrack which can be played
    -  each container content can be en/disabled within the skinsettings section
    -  you can scroll trough some artwork and can go to fullscreen slideshow by click on the artwork.
            there are 2 ways from where those images are loaded which can be selected within the skinsettings
            1. **RECOMMENDED** : show scrapped artwork which respects the definitions from your **advancedsettings.xml**
            2.  show content of extrafanart folder which should be place in the item art folder (depreciated method for storing)

- https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337089
            - https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....ra_artwork

MUSIC INFO DIALOG
 -  play albums, songs or musicvideos from your library for the current artist without leaving
 -  scroll trough some artwork and can go to fullscreen slideshow by click on the artwork.
 -  the similiar artists/albums , artists top 4 list , youtube  , amazon prime music containers can be en/disabled within the skinsettings section

- the skin looks if booklet artwork exists
    **this require a images with naming of booklet1 , booklet2 , booklet3  ...**
    in the album folder.
    You'll also need to define them in the advancedsettings.xml
    e.g.

xml:
<musiclibrary>
        <albumextraart>
            <arttype>spine</arttype>
            <arttype>discart</arttype>
            <arttype>booklet1</arttype>
            <arttype>booklet2</arttype>
            <arttype>booklet3</arttype>
        </albumextraart>
<musiclibrary>

START UP / PROFILE LOGIN
   - you can choose in which window kodi should start
   - if Profile Login enabled you are able to define the Background Image , beside the usual way you can enable the profile login within the Startup Setting Section

HOME LAYOUTS
- you can choose between 3 different Layouts
        - Spotlight
        - Just Widgets
        - Just Main Menu Tiles
     -> choose custom colors / background image / background overlay image ( see backgroundbuilding )

HOME MENU
       - can be customized (target path, icon, fanart )
       - limited to 20 entrys
       - by pressing menu button / m key they icon bar gets focused , click left there to slide out the menu panel
       - you can en/disable a profile switcher at the top

HOME WIDGETS
   you can define up to 99 widgets and define their layouts / attributes seperatly
       - name
       - layout (landscape , poster , circle , square , banner )
       - tags ( visible / hidden )
       - sort order
       - sort direction
       - limit items (default is 0 ; no limit )
       - show extended item info ( plot , genre, flags ) if not using Spotlight Home Layout

- there is a attribute "is section" when set it to true you'll get tiny tiles which are supposed to used for **sections like genre,year or root list entrys from the library** you can set a custom tile image and icon/text color globally for all widgets which use that attribute

NOTE:  at the current state you're not able to change the widget position afterwards ( e.g. move widget pos 1 to pos 5 )

SHUTDOWN MENU
 - choose which items you like to show / hide
 - in Media Windows you're able to blur the item backgroudpanel

MEDIA WINDOWS MENU / MENUBAR
   - there is a customizable icon bar (hide/show options) in media windows for quick navigation
   - there is an option to focus that control bar by pressing menu / m key
   - if click left the menu panel will slide out which offers more options

NOTE :  if a media container can be filtered you can easily do a quick filter or advanced filter

PS:
Sorry for Typos & wrong Spelling
(2021-04-19, 08:00)fantasticn Wrote: This what it currently looks like in Kodi 19 Matrix:

First picture shows that artists are listed on the same level as Covers (right next to them, not above). Second picture shows what is happening if you press the "up" button then and Kodi is trying to load the trailer from the internet (whole screen "hangs" and artist pictures are distorted, which takes a few seconds until the trailer starts).

Btw.: Please have the autoplay of trailers deselectable. I always hated it when it was forced in Netflix. Now you only have to accidentally press the up button and then it keeps you waiting until the trailer starts before you can stop it and continue.
Skin looks great thank you ...
(2021-04-19, 08:00)fantasticn Wrote: This what it currently looks like in Kodi 19 Matrix:

Hi, autoplay by default is set OFF ;-)

You can toggle it on within the menu panel

The navigation behaviour is unfinished and currently doesnt offer much options.
But i will do some testing for sure ;-)

So thats how it'll perform in visual style, which will stay i think.
https://streamable.com/xpsmqk

...but...still much to do and test
e.g. a little to-do list

txt:
- behaviour of spotlight icon bar , curr disabled, and unadjusted - need for touch device
         - adjust anim / header usage
                - add similiar content ?
                - resolve onup actions (navigation trailer vs focus filter ctrl  vs scollbar/alphabet bar)
                - ondown options
                    - 1st focus scollbar/alphabet bar ?, before going to custom containers / show cast
                    - ondown
                               a) focus  nextup/folderpath/*similiar instead just show cast
                               b) just show cast first, click down again to focus containers (current default behaviour)
                               c) go to nextup/folderpath/*similiar content without show cast
                   - resolve if in plugin path stuff
                 - implement new colors if needed (header/footer bg), or change color/image variables
@mardukL: Thanks for your reply. By "autoplay" I meant the automatic playback of the trailer when you press "up"-button on the remote control. I would like to disable this behaviour, because everytime you happen to hit the "up"-button you have to wait about 30 seconds until you can stop this unintentional trailer seek and then continue. Especially because of the new function to show artists when pushing the "down"-button it happens quiet easily that you afterwards press the "up"-button by reflex.
(2021-04-19, 17:20)fantasticn Wrote: @mardukL: Thanks for your reply. By "autoplay" I meant the automatic playback of the trailer when you press "up"-button on the remote control. I would like to disable this behaviour, because everytime you happen to hit the "up"-button you have to wait about 30 seconds until you can stop this unintentional trailer seek and then continue. Especially because of the new function to show artists when pushing the "down"-button it happens quiet easily that you afterwards press the "up"-button by reflex.

Ok, i get you.

I keep it in mind to have an option if needed, the navigation behaviour is still messed up.
Currently i add alphabet scrollbar and scrollbar.

May this resolve it a bit for you, as the update will take more than a while and you like to test, just copy/paste the xml folder from my git branch into the installed skin directory folder (..\addons\skin.swan\xml)
That would be great!

The video looks very nice. Still I have no clue how you have your actors showing up above the movies list. For me they always show up right next to the movie.

I still think the words "movies" and "Besetzung" should not overlap the mediaflags and icons. Maybe you need to have them fade out once you popup the actors. Also I would go for both words being english only ("movies" and "actors") or both adjusted to German language ("Filme" und "Besetzung"). But that is just some minor issues.

Keep up your great work. I look into githup almost every day to see if there is an update ;-)

Edit: I tried the new version from github. The "up"-button still brings up the trailer and there is no option to deactivate this behaviour. However, first "up"-press gives you the fast scrolling, second "up"-press gives you the letter-bar and only the third "up"-press starts the trailer. So it's not so much of an issue anymore because you will most probably not hit the "up"-button three times by accident ;-)

Btw.: When you exit the movie section the current view remains. E.g, when you had the actors showing and you press "back" to go back to the main menu, next time you enter the movie section again you are still confronted with the actors view which can be quite irritating. It would be better to always start with the regular movie view when you enter the movie section.
(2021-04-20, 08:44)fantasticn Wrote: ...
Still I have no clue how you have your actors showing up above the movies list. For me they always show up right next to the movie.
Currently, the following is intended

txt:
- if click onup you'll focus the scrollbar ( fades in on focus )
- if click onup if scrollbar has focus you'll focus the alphabet panel ( fades in on focus)
- if booth are not available onup will play trailer
- if booth are not available + trailer dont exist you'll focus the filter control (if container can be filtered)

- if click ondown
- if movie and not a set item, just show cast*
- if movieset item, collection item - focus first item of set items (navigate with left right) ; show cast* on top
- if tvshow,season - focus nextup/resume item, show focusable container of seasons (navigate with left right) ; show cast* on top*

*cast - currently not focusable, except (mouse/touch), but it will come, but need find some good options to define

(2021-04-20, 08:44)fantasticn Wrote: I still think the words "movies" and "Besetzung" should not overlap the mediaflags and icons. Maybe you need to have them fade out once you popup the actors. Also I would go for both words being english only ("movies" and "actors") or both adjusted to German language ("Filme" und "Besetzung"). But that is just some minor issues.

Keep up your great work. I look into githup almost every day to see if there is an update ;-)

yepp, i will resolve that leter on.
There are also "issues" with color usage (tag panels,footer,.....),textures ("footer"/Container Heading Background) which need to be changed and other stuff.

It'll take time and i am aware of all that Wink
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022)3