Tiny Media Manager episodeguide
I'm using TMM to scrape TV shows Kodi won't recognise. When I use themoviedb as my source the <episodeguide> tag is still being written with thetvdb episode guide URL. My Kodi scraper is the (default) metadata.tvshows.themoviedb.org.
The TV show is not scraped by Kodi and an error is written to Kodi saying there is no episode guide. When I then manually edit the NFO file change it to the moviedb episode guide the TV show is scraped correctly by Kodi.

Is adding the tvdb guide to moviedb scraped NFOS a bug? I know I can create NFOs each individual episode so there is an easy workaround I'm just curious.

The relevant part of the TMM (v 3.0.5) NFO (deleted API key and ID):

<episodeguide>
    <url cache="auth.json" post="yes">https://api.thetvdb.com/login?{"apikey":"","id":}|Content-Type=application/json</url>
  </episodeguide>

I can write NFOs for each episode or simply change tvshow.nfo to this to get it to work with Kodi:

<episodeguide>https://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/XXXX?api_key=XXXXXXXXXXXX</episodeguide>
that field is nothing a scraper provides thus we added the episodeguide once for tvdb with a fixed pattern.
I was not aware that there is a link for themoviedb which can be read by Kodi..

if the link from you above work I can hard code it to the NFO too - but when writing the NFO I have no clue which scraper has been used to scrape the TV show... (maybe I can detect this from the available IDs). 
is XXXXX? the TMDB Id from the show?

thanks in advance
looks like we already have this: https://gitlab.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny....java#L465

but here is the question: how should tmm decide which field to take?
at the moment the logic is as follows:

a) if a TVDB id is found in the TV show, we take the TVDB api
b) if a TMDB if has been found in the TV show, we take the TMDB api
c) if in the episodeguide has been found a previous parsed NFO, we take this
(2019-10-10, 17:50)funkhouser Wrote: The TV show is not scraped by Kodi and an error is written to Kodi saying there is no episode guide. When I then manually edit the NFO file change it to the moviedb episode guide the TV show is scraped correctly by Kodi.
That is correct. The <episodeguide> URL is provided by the information provider in a format that they have designed. The URL is not interchangeable between information providers. i.e. you cannot use the TVDB URL while using TheMovieDB scraper.

Another option is to just delete the <episodeguide> tags and everything between. This will only work if you have episode nfo files for all your episodes. It also means that you need to continue using nfo file for that show unless you Refresh the tv show (not the episodes) in Kodi which will download the new <episodeguide> URL.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tiny Media Manager episodeguide0