DOSBOX Player Add-on for Linux
I see that DOSBOX player add-on is not available for Linux.

Is it possible to build it myself or download a zipped add-on someone already built?

If there is work in progress somewhere, I would be happy to participate as a tester.
(2019-10-14, 14:15)alkhimey Wrote: I see that DOSBOX player add-on is not available for Linux.

Is it possible to build it myself or download a zipped add-on someone already built?

If there is work in progress somewhere, I would be happy to participate as a tester.

Kodi Libretro Buildbot Game Addons Repository

Compilation of binary addons in Linux
(2019-10-15, 12:47)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2019-10-14, 14:15)alkhimey Wrote: I see that DOSBOX player add-on is not available for Linux.

Kodi Libretro Buildbot Game Addons RepositoryCompilation of binary addons in Linux 

Thanks!

I downloaded https://github.com/zach-morris/kodi_libr...addons.zip

A game I was trying to play has really bad FPS and barely playable. I was want to tweak DOSBOX configuration to see if I can improve anything (for example a common thing is to set memory to 64 megs) but I can't find
Code:
Dosbox.conf
anywhere on my system.

I am not familiar with how Kodi Add-ons work. Could it be that the dosbox configuration is actually hidden inside
Code:
dosbox_libretro.so
?
(2019-10-15, 16:16)alkhimey Wrote:

Kodi Libretro Buildbot Game Addons RepositoryCompilation of binary addons in Linux 

Thanks!

A game I was trying to play has really bad FPS and barely playable. I was want to tweak DOSBOX configuration to see if I can improve anything (for example a common thing is to set memory to 64 megs) but I can't find
Code:
Dosbox.conf
anywhere on my system.

I am not familiar with how Kodi Add-ons work. Could it be that the dosbox configuration is actually hidden inside
Code:
dosbox_libretro.so
?

I have not tried the dosbox addon myself, so don't trust my advice 100%.

If your Unix username is kodi, the addon binaries are in /home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.name/. The addon data directory will be /home/kodi/.kodi/userdata/addondata/plugin.name/. The dosbox.conf file is likely to be in the addon data directory somewhere.

Also, go to Kodi settings, game section, disable autosave and rewind. That should improve the emulation speed.

Another alternative is that you use external Retroarch to use the dosbox core until the Kodi Retroplayer core gets more polished.
(2019-10-15, 16:16)alkhimey Wrote:

Thanks!

Code:
Dosbox.conf
anywhere on my system.

Code:
dosbox_libretro.so
?

Did you find this file ? i'm getting "Cannot enable A20" when trying a run a few dosbox games, but can't noly find the settings.xml which has a different naming and only a few options.
If i create this file in that location it still doesn't seem to help with the options i set, any idea ?

Kodi Libretro Buildbot Game Worktime Addons Repository

Compilation of binary addons in Linux
Thank You!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DOSBOX Player Add-on for Linux0