Moving file within folder creates new movie entry
If I take a file such as movie.iso, and rip it to VIDEO_TS, in the same location, which includes an nfo file, ember thinks it's a new movie with no meta data.

You can't edit the movie to give it the new location, as it says it doesn't exist anymore...

Is there no way to do this without completely rescraping all the data, and doing all the edits one did to the original over again?
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
It seems there is no way to change the file path for a movie, if the original path doesn't exist, which is annoying if you've moved some things.  You have to scrape again.

That was a problem when converting iso files to VIDEO_TS files, however it was possible to just re-add them.

Now, I had a similar but different issue.  When scraping, I found a few movies that had the wrong date, so instead of 1947, i want to put them in a folder with 1948, let's say.

I cannot use the media manager -> move option, as it doesn't allow one to browse network shares, only direct attached.
I mounted the drives, however then it stores them as eg: W:\movies\mymovie (1948) instead of the \\192.168.1.111 format.
I just moved it manually, and rescraped.  it says the movie is gone, and I delete it.
Then scrape again, and it finds it, however finds it in the OLD place, and not in the new place, so it just tells me it's gone again....

There really seems to be no way to just rename a folder, or move a movie, without ember going mad, and refusing to understand what's happened, even with a delete and rescrape...

It's getting a bit frustrating, it's taking more time to use the tool that it's saving me :-(

I appreciate all the free effort that's gone into it, however is is possible to fix some of these things?

Thanks, Dave
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving file within folder creates new movie entry0