Solved Another scraping issue: The Walking Dead - weird
Hi everyone,

My Kodi scraping thingy (tmdb) keeps info keeps on adding the info of the show "Fear the Walking Dead" for my local "The Walking Dead". No matter what I do:
- Right-click>manage>Edit title
- Refreshing from the information screen > refresh info for all episodes > ignore locally stored info > clicking on "The Walking Dead New Series (2010)"

I'm in total desperation! Any help is appreciated :-).

-m
Please provide a Debug Log which captures you scraping the show. Also provide the link to the show at the scraper site.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for your reply. My debug log can be found at https://paste.kodi.tv/ponumemuwu (at around 21:25, a refresh action is being performed). The show it concerns (which it should be) is at https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1402-the-w...uage=en-US. The show it is getting the information from (wrongly), is at https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/62286-fear...uage=en-US.

I remember editing in an ID from a scraper site somewhere manually into the file information for another (unrelated) issue I had in the past. However, I don't seem to be able to replicate that for this problem. Any thoughts?
Unfortunately you have a Banned Add-ons (wiki) installed so that will need to be removed before receiving assistance.

But I will throw you a freebie. You are using an old version of the scraper. Update it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I did a rescrape a couple of days ago on a secondary MySQL database, and despite available .nfo files, the walking dead and one other series was scraped badly. Both ended up as empty entries in the database and could not be refreshed after that.

Luckily I did have a database backup, but something wonky was going on. And AFAIK, my Kodi machine is up-to-date. Still no clue what went wrong as the scraping info from TMDB appeared to be complete in the log file.
(2019-10-26, 02:48)Karellen Wrote: Unfortunately you have a Banned Add-ons (wiki) installed so that will need to be removed before receiving assistance.

But I will throw you a freebie. You are using an old version of the scraper. Update it.

Oh whoops, I didn't know I had something installed that's banned (I guess it's the Elementum add-on, which worked poorly so wasn't in use anyway so I uninstalled it). Anyway, updating the scraper worked, thank you so much! I thought I had everything up-to-date.. Feeling such a noob :o). Thanks again!
It is yes. Any addon or repo that appears in orange in the logs uploaded to paste.kodi.tv is on the banned list.

The addon is not there (and for once doesn't actually seem to have left any orphaned script crap running even after uninstall), so just dump the repo as well and you're good to go for support here too.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another scraping issue: The Walking Dead - weird0