Kodi doesn't keep downloaded subtitle anymore
Subtitles are not saved anymore
whether they  are downloaded from Rasb. PI or from the pc  where the actual videos are stored
(although they used to be for more than 10 years)
Thread moved to OS independent, as it's not clear which version(s) of Kodi is affected.

First thing to confirm is whether Kodi (not Kody Wink ) actually has permission to write to wherever your media files are stored. By default the subtitles are stored alongside the media that they relate to, so if that's on read-only media they cannot be stored there and are discarded after use.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-10-27, 12:56)DarrenHill Wrote: Thread moved to OS independent, as it's not clear which version(s) of Kodi is affected.

First thing to confirm is whether Kodi (not Kody Wink ) actually has permission to write to wherever your media files are stored. By default the subtitles are stored alongside the media that they relate to, so if that's on read-only media they cannot be stored there and are discarded after use.

I don't understand, are you asking me something?
I was saying that Kodi stores subtitles in the same folder as the video file it relates to. If it cannot write to that folder, then it will keep them in its temporary download folder for immediate use, but afterwards they are discarded in the normal cleanup.

So my suggestion is that you check whether Kodi actually has the permissions to write to wherever your media is stored, rather than just being able to read from it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi doesn't keep downloaded subtitle anymore0