Replace with Better Quality
Is there an option to replace an existing item with a matching (new) item, which is more than likely a PROPER or re-release of some kind?
At the moment TMM doesn't know what to do, and doesn't replace the existing with the new, and just leaves the item with it's release name instead of using my rename scheme.

Perhaps I am missing the setting or have something misconfigured.

Cheers
Replace what?? artwork, nfo files, movie, trailer?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sorry. The actual movie/tv show file.
(2019-11-01, 03:37)TheFonz Wrote: Sorry. The actual movie/tv show file.

Click the TV-Show folder >> Update Sources >> Update Selected TV Shows

Right-click TV-Show folder >>  Scrape new items
for movies: I would delete the old movie folder and start over with the new version (update data sources, scrape, rename)
for episodes: I would just delete the ep file(s) and put the new one into the same folder and to an update data sources, scrape of the EP and rename of the EP
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2019-11-04, 08:44)mlaggner Wrote: for movies: I would delete the old movie folder and start over with the new version (update data sources, scrape, rename)
for episodes: I would just delete the ep file(s) and put the new one into the same folder and to an update data sources, scrape of the EP and rename of the EP

Is there no option to do this automatically with matching title?
your new file has new meta data (filesize, extension, resolution, ..) which won't be updated in the tmm database and thus would not update your file names if you have such fields in the renamer..

the only _consistent_ workflow to replace would be the workflow from above

nevertheless, it _would_ also work if you just rename the new file to the old filename, but that would achieve an inconsistency between the physical file and the tmm entries
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Is there any way to request a feature that would delete the original file?
Almost anytime I download the same movie it's because it's a better quality version or a proper, and TMM attempts a rename and fails because the folder already exists. I would be happy to delete the entire folder of the matching movie to make way for the new file and subsequent metadata. 

Cheers
no, we will not implement that because (on possible error) tmm could remove your movies and this is what we will not do;
My workflow is: delete the old one before renaming the new one..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replace with Better Quality0